Groups

Router buying advice

hi guys, I realise there is a very recent thread asking a similar question but I have slightly different requirements

I have been with BT infinity since the beginning of November and am already on my second smart hub and they are now sending me a hh5, I'd like to replace the lot with a router with a built in vdsl modem or a conventional router and just keep the BT equipment and use it as a modem only.

my requirements are 2 USB ports which must support 2 way printer communication, bit torrent support and must be wall mountable.

I have a certain amount in amazon vouchers so any links to products from that seller most appreciated.

thanks in advance

3 Comments

interested in this too. the sky fibre just don't cut it. can't get a signal upstairs

Asus RT87U is a good router. Built-in dl/torrent manager, openVPN, printer server and wall mounting holes.
    Edited by: "pothole" 29th Dec 2016

The site that helped me the most when I was looking for a new router a few months ago was smallnetbuilder.com

As well as reviews there are some very useful comparison charts which can be filtered by router class and more benchmarks than you can shake a stick at... I ended up going for the R7800 and an EX7000
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22

See more discussions