Found 20th Oct 2010
Hellooo People!

Have a question

I am usually good with technical stuff lol..well at times I am.

Now, a friend at work was talking about how she is going to have a router setup at home, I had some knowledge and gave her the advice in order to set it up etc.

Now she does not have a desktop but uses her laptop, which is connected to the modem.

Now can she use a router and use it as a standalone configurement, so you have modem and router and she is free to use her laptop/iPhone on the wi-fi anywhere at home?

As I always thought it has to be connected to a main machine?

Thanks

1. Misc
  2. Router
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Router
4 Comments

in answer to this, yes she can and no she doens't need a 'main' pc/laptop connected to use the network
Edited by: "Alfonse" 20th Oct 2010

Original Poster

Hey Alfonse,

Many Thanks for your quick answer

So if I am right, just connect that ethernet cable from the modem to the router and then thats it and obviously the power cable lol (thought I would add that before the sarcasm comes in) then Start using the WiFi.

But I can plug it into the laptop to configure it first then leave it as a stand alone configuration
Edited by: "SkippyDoo" 20th Oct 2010

yep sorted

Original Poster

Thanks a lot pal! Appreciated
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. New bladerunner1961
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247596
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…711
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769303

See more discussions