Groups

Router help...

Ok, so i have a netgear dg834g v3 router (free from aol) and I am trying to connect this up to an rj45 internet source instead of via a telephone cable. I also have an adapter which converts the rj45 connection into a standard telephone connection - to which i have then everything else up as normal...cannot get the router to work tho...i probably havent made it very clear as to whats wrong because i don't really know what im talking about lol. Any help? Thanks

6 Comments

You haven't made it clear enough to help - sorry!

Everythings in the Manual here : :thumbsup:

[url]ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/DG834Gv3_ENU_SM_1FEB06.pdf[/url]

i have a netgear dg834g v3 router (free from aol) and I am trying to … i have a netgear dg834g v3 router (free from aol) and I am trying to connect this up to an rj45 internet source instead of via a telephone cable. I also have an adapter which converts the rj45 connection into a standard telephone connection

Can't be done, the DG834G's software lacks the ability to turn one of it's RJ45 LAN ports into a WAN/Internet port.

You will need a Cable/DSL Router with an RJ45 WAN port.]Link

Original Poster

SUMMONER;6822669

Can't be done, the DG834G's software lacks the ability to turn one of … Can't be done, the DG834G's software lacks the ability to turn one of it's RJ45 LAN ports into a WAN/Internet port.You will need a Cable/DSL Router with an RJ45 WAN port. ]Link

nooo, kinda guessed that lol - just that i have a adapter that converts the rj45 connection into a standard telephone, then connected the adsl filter thing and then plugged the rj11 cable in the filter and the router. Is there not a way to make this work??

DD98;6823185

just that i have a adapter that converts the rj45 connection into a … just that i have a adapter that converts the rj45 connection into a standard telephone, then connected the adsl filter thing and then plugged the rj11 cable in the filter and the router. Is there not a way to make this work??

Nope, the ADSL modem in your router can not be adapted for that purpose.

Original Poster

SUMMONER;6823233

Nope, the ADSL modem in your router can not be adapted for that purpose.

aww that sucks thanks for your help anyway summoner
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any Just Eat Vouchers around?22
      2. Any better deals after year's Sky subscription is nearly up?22
      3. sky q is it a good deal?55
      4. Speccing a gaming pc37

See more discussions