Groups
    EXPIRED

ROUTER HELP HOW TO SETUP?>

HI i bought a netgear i set the router up ages ago and now i dont know how to use it
    can anyone help?

i want to set a wireless network!!!

9 Comments

in what way do you want to use it?

Original Poster

sorry, i want to be able to use the wireless router to share internet access with my laptop
    and file share with the laptop is that possible?

should be possible, shared intenet all you have to do is scan for a wireless network and follow the on scrren instructions, file share you need to check the option for the folders you want to be shared from within windows in the properties

Please can you specify which Netgear router you have?

192.168.1.1 username Admin / Password: Password

Choose enable wireless access point in wireless settings on the left hand side of the blue menu

Give your network a name and choose the security you wish to use. PM me if you need any further help

:thumbsup:

Original Poster

hi sorry for the late reply guys
    il pm u if thats ok?
    rep added for kmac and ttese

just a quick question do you have the internet working on the router?

if not you will need you isp settings (username & password)

you will need to be connected initially by a cable from the laptop to the router (usually blue cable comes with the router)

then open a webbrowser and type htt://192.168.1.1 you will be prompted to login in, use admin as the username and password as the password

If logged in correctly you will see a list of options on the left have pane. if you do not have your internet working already you will need the choose the top option (i think its basic settings) and type them in there and click apply.

Then choose the wireless settings option and enable the wireless (once activated there will be a green light on the front of the router)

choose the security you require (wskpi and enter a network key, all laptops will need this to access the network)

and click apply

Let me know if you have any problems

Original Poster

Hi i dont have the router working at all, i connected to my pc and put 1 cable in the modem that right?:
    if i cant sort it out 2moro il ask my mate for help!#
    PS il be around 2mo il shout u thanks again

Original Poster

ps how do i get isp settings

you will have been given these details when you setup your internet connection. If you dont have them you will need to ring up your internet provider.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      2. Apples new update610
      3. Any PS4 News Here29313799
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1841335

See more discussions