EXPIRED

Router required to share virgin media broadband

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a decent router to share a virgin media broadband connection.

Require it to share an internet connection to my Wii, PS3 & DS.

Not looking to spend too much if possible.

Thanks

22 Comments

Hi,I use a TP-LINK TL-WR541G wireless router from svp with my virgin broadband which i also have my nintendo wii and laptop connected to wirelessly.

if you goto [url]www.svp.co.uk[/url] and put 4673 in the search bar it will bring this router up @£16.57+postage

hope this helps
cheers
SCOOBY

I also have Virgin broadband, i use it with 2 pc's and an xbox, we use a linxsys and have never had a problem, pc world normally have good deals!!
Hope this helps.

i have virgin media and its wireless . i use a belkin router pcworld.co.uk/mar…id=
in case the link is blanked out Belkin F5D7230UK4
works a treat and has done for ages, WII connected also and DS

Hey Folks!

Just wondering if this Cable Router is compatible with Windows Vista?

princessboo;1445954

I also have Virgin broadband, i use it with 2 pc's and an xbox, we use a … I also have Virgin broadband, i use it with 2 pc's and an xbox, we use a linxsys and have never had a problem, pc world normally have good deals!! Hope this helps.

PC World have the worst deals.. in the world. They're awful, don't bother with them. Netgear are always good.

Adamo;1447361

PC World have the worst deals.. in the world. They're awful, don't … PC World have the worst deals.. in the world. They're awful, don't bother with them. Netgear are always good.

Surprisingly PC World do decent deals on routers from time to time :thumbsup:

They don't "normally" though, much cheaper just to go to Amazon or dabs.

Ebuyer usually beat Amazon.

Voucher for pc world in todays paper gives you a netgear plus usb wireless adapter for 39.99 instead of 49.99 online price and its £45 at amazon and ebuyer for the router alone so not all bad :thumbsup:

Is there much difference between the svp TP-Link 54Mbps Wireless Router for £16.57 or the pc world Belkin F5D7230UK4 Wireless DSL Routers at £39.99. except for the price

What about the FON router which some people got free sometime ago. Can it be used for this purpose?

rosecaitlin;1475658

Is there much difference between the svp TP-Link 54Mbps Wireless Router … Is there much difference between the svp TP-Link 54Mbps Wireless Router for £16.57 or the pc world Belkin F5D7230UK4 Wireless DSL Routers at £39.99. except for the price

pc world do a very decent one for £31, cheapest around if you reserve and collect

stick with linksys for virgin....hassle free :thumbsup:

SCOTTGAZ9;1477475

stick with linksys for virgin....hassle free :thumbsup:

I wish:roll:

Banned

virgin gave me a free one ..NetgearDG834G.. works fine and now have my 360 running fine

I am changing from virgin media on 3rd of feb and I am using a Linksys WRV54G wirless router that is in perfect condition. This is linked up to my Motorola surfboard SB4200 cable modem.

I will be sellling it for £40 delivered or you could collect if you live near north london.

This is a quaility router.

linksys.com/ser…per

I am interested in the router then mate, I stay in North Lanarkshire, so would need it delivered

dog_cop;1478552

virgin gave me a free one ..NetgearDG834G.. works fine and now have my … virgin gave me a free one ..NetgearDG834G.. works fine and now have my 360 running fine

That's an ADSL router, wouldn't work.

Slapchops;1485671

I am interested in the router then mate, I stay in North Lanarkshire, so … I am interested in the router then mate, I stay in North Lanarkshire, so would need it delivered

PM sent

col;1448638

Surprisingly PC World do decent deals on routers from time to time … Surprisingly PC World do decent deals on routers from time to time :thumbsup:

PC World will pricematch Amazon and any 'Top 10' online sites.

PM sent

dog_cop;1478552

virgin gave me a free one ..NetgearDG834G.. works fine and now have my … virgin gave me a free one ..NetgearDG834G.. works fine and now have my 360 running fine

How did you get a free one from virgin ????????

I've got a Belkin Wireless G Plus Router, had it 11 months ago when I upgraded to Windows Vista pc, so no compatibility problems. The helpline is fantastic and charged at local rate (my software was a bit dodgy). It runs my virgin, wii, ds and other pc.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. USC voucher code pls?23
    2. No Vega deals around - pre-order for Vega 56?23
    3. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?811
    4. Nintendo Switch Game Cases34

See more discussions