Router with SIM card slot

Posted 17th Dec 2019
Planning to use my 3 unlimited sim card for home internet. What are the good routers?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Have used a lot of these. I recommend TP-Link pretty reliable and easy to setup
Far greater selection of routers if using combination of a USB-capable router with smartphone / dongle. Most Asus routers can tether via USB to almost any old battered or current Android smartphone (USB carries the data and charges the handset), and/or accept a 4G USB dongle. Even the base £35 Asus router can do this, as can the £40 AC1200 model before you start hitting silly money. It also means you can position the cellular device for best cellular reception, which may not be practical for a router with integral SIM holder.
I use this one

TP-Link Archer MR600 AC1200 Mbps 4G+ Cat6 Mobile Wi-Fi Router Dual Band, 4G/3G Network SIM Slot Unlocked, No Configuration required, Support Guest Network & Parental Control, UK Plug amazon.co.uk/dp/…CGC

It works great with my 3 SIM card and get 120mbps most days with no issues. I do however find if you are quite a heavy user Three will try and drop your speed every few days, but it seems to reset if you do a restart of the router. I set this to automatically happen overnight.
I tried lots of routers that came with three bundles, like the AI Cube, B512 and b535 and all were pretty useless as huawei software is rubbish. This one has been the best we have had. But it’s not that cheap.
I’m currently using a TP Link MR6400 V1 (apparently new versions have fixed antennas).

The reason I recommend the older version is the two supplied antenna can be removed, allowing you, if you require, to add a proper external antenna, which should significantly increase your signal/speed.

I was with EE when I first used it and was getting between 60 and 70mb.
get one modded linksys with asus firmware from ebay and connect cheap 4g phone. job done permanently. u even can use as dual wan plus other asus features.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants