Router/WiFi extender

Posted 11th Jan
Right I have a job to fix my dad's WiFi camma signel which only gets 40% wifi signal. It works ok but bit slow loading on the app etc.

I have a ethernet wire that runs from ther ISP router to the upstairs location near camma so I need a extender or cheap router to plug in the the ethernet wire to get best results.

I used to use a old Netgear router years ago for WiFi upstairs when I lived ther which you can pick up for around £8 on eBay but was looking for something more newer more reliable.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Looking spend up to £20
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
"only gets 40% wifi signal" doesn't really mean much unless quantified in terms of how much data the device is (un)able to shift. If the device's existing connection at the subject location is capable of consistently shifting say at least 120% of the max data stream then there will be no speed benefit via additional kit.
AndyRoyd11/01/2020 16:07

"only gets 40% wifi signal" doesn't really mean much unless quantified in …"only gets 40% wifi signal" doesn't really mean much unless quantified in terms of how much data the device is (un)able to shift. If the device's existing connection at the subject location is capable of consistently shifting say at least 120% of the max data stream then there will be no speed benefit via additional kit.

when I move camera to room where its 100% signal the camera on the apps opens instantly where its low signel its slow
Alf.Garnett11/01/2020 16:49

when I move camera to room where its 100% signal the camera on the apps …when I move camera to room where its 100% signal the camera on the apps opens instantly where its low signel its slow

£14.49 fulfilled Amazon TPLink router which has options for modes of repeater, AP, etc and benefit of multi ethernet ports for any future expansion etc amazon.co.uk/dp/…JS/
thanks for ideas I have ordered a amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1

hopefully it will do the job
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions