Groups

Routing Connections to Default Web Page

Does anybody know if possible that when a user connects to the Wireless router and then access the Web can you direct them to a default webpage.

5 Comments

Don't think you can set a homepage for any user of the router, as that is client-side and browser specific. You could look at implementing some sort of Internet Cafe software so when they connect they are sent to a landing page and need to be granted access to the wider web.

Not possible as far as I know without special software, as mentioned above.

Is manually setting all the user's home pages not a possibility?

Original Poster

that what i thought - be like what the Hotels run i suppose

Original Poster

oldmanhouse;8539022

Not possible as far as I know without special software, as mentioned … Not possible as far as I know without special software, as mentioned above. Is manually setting all the user's home pages not a possibility?

I need to setup a seperate network at my work so that when visitors come in and want to use the internet they can use our external broadband line.

when they load up IE i want them to default to a page which shows Ts & Cs - just like the hotels really

What you are looking to do is called a Captive Portal

Google it or see here for more information en.wikipedia.org/wik…tal
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044541
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767380
      3. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?11
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1218

See more discussions