Groups

Rover 200VI

Banned
    Anyone driving Rover 200VI?
    Mine is 1997 BRG:)

12 Comments

Nope, But they're nice cars!

Original Poster Banned

Yes it is, all before the gasket dead......

Thats a common Rover problem unfortunately!!, Take it past 5000 RPM and it literally destroys the head gasket in one big gulp!!

Let me guess the rover has only done around 80K?

Original Poster Banned

Iom-RF

Thats a common Rover problem unfortunately!!, Take it past 5000 RPM and … Thats a common Rover problem unfortunately!!, Take it past 5000 RPM and it literally destroys the head gasket in one big gulp!!Let me guess the rover has only done around 80K?

exactly~

My little Metro lasted 30K before the head gasket went Was a good few years old though and even if the gasket was fine it was going to have to be scrapped as unsurprisingly for a Rover the bodywork was falling to pieces.

John

Original Poster Banned

Anyway the VVC is crazy~

Rover never made a decent car in all of their time.

Inactive

Rover never made a decent car in all of their time.

Depends how you treat them TBH, Our rover 200 series has only just given up the ghost, 4 1/2 years without any problems, Besides normal stuff (Brakes, Tyres, service) only needed a radiator pipe costing £25, So been a super reliable car!

It had the K series rover engine so maybe we were just lucky!

Well if all they were used for was driving around the Isle of Man, perhaps they might just be OK, sadly most were not.:roll:

;-)

Inactive

Well if all they were used for was driving around the Isle of Man, … Well if all they were used for was driving around the Isle of Man, perhaps they might just be OK, sadly most were not.:roll: ;-)

Isle of man is probably the worst place to have a car IMO, Its lots of short journeys (about 20-30mins) and the engine rarely gets up to temperature!, There is also the mountain road with no speed limit, So cars regularly get ragged over that....

It had 128k on the clock, So bloody good for a Rover!

Iom-RF

It had 128k on the clock, So bloody good for a Rover!

More like a miracle for a Rover... :-D

Original Poster Banned

Rover is coming back in the name Roewe.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Beds33
      2. What to do?????34
      3. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
      4. Best VR games?22

See more discussions