Groups

Royal ascot - what to wear?

So, Im off to Ascot, but what to wear? I dont own a suit... so need to get one, anyone know where I can get a cheap suit thats relatively well fitted? Super market ones seem to look rather stupid on me..

find me something to wear!

please

24 Comments

Banned

Buy a suit. From a shop. That looks nice.

Glad to be of service.

Original Poster

JonnyTwoToes

Buy a suit. From a shop. That looks nice.Glad to be of service.

thanks now! much appreciated!

carboot sale or ebay (but obv u cant try it on)
    but yeah, iv seen loads of good quality suits in charity shops

tk maxx
    matalan
    burtons

Mclovin

hire a suit, that might work out cheaper

Banned

Mclovin

Well, you're either a muppet, or you're wanting us all to know that you're going to ascot.

Anyone else would walk into a shop that sells clothes and buy some clothes.
    Edited by: "JonnyTwoToes" 15th Jun 2011

Rent from mossbros?
    If you are a student you can get student discount.

Zara - only cost about £200.

Original Poster

sickly sweet

Rent from mossbros?If you are a student you can get student discount.

this sounds good! do you know how much im looking at to rent? 50 quid ish?? Ive had a look on site and cant see anything
    Edited by: "Mclovin" 15th Jun 2011

Original Poster

JonnyTwoToes

Well, you're either a muppet, or you're wanting us all to know that … Well, you're either a muppet, or you're wanting us all to know that you're going to ascot.Anyone else would walk into a shop that sells clothes and buy some clothes.

Hi Johnny,

Really appreciate your help. I'll try this clothes shop thing out tomorrow!
    thanks again!

Banned

If your not in the royal enclosure then a sports jacket and smart trousers with a hat is more the ascot look....patterned waist coat optional.

Edited by: "slamdunkin" 15th Jun 2011

Mclovin

this sounds good! do you know how much im looking at to rent? 50 quid … this sounds good! do you know how much im looking at to rent? 50 quid ish?? Ive had a look on site and cant see anything

when my friend hired wedding outfits for the guys they were about £50 a piece so round about there

Original Poster

deb8z

http://www.moss.co.uk/pws/hire/[/qu[quote=sickly sweet]Rent from … http://www.moss.co.uk/pws/hire/[/qu[quote=sickly sweet]Rent from mossbros?If you are a student you can get student discount.

thanks, 50 ish quid to rent looks good!

slamdunkin

If your not in the royal enclosure then a sports jacket and smart … If your not in the royal enclosure then a sports jacket and smart trousers with a hat is more the ascot look....patterned waist coast optional.

We heard you the first time,coast en all lol

Banned

It's Jonny.

Primark ?, you'll look the part!

Oh and you'll need a big hat [img]t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRU22PK5pNmqPsUCsh5dYSfCL6Eml5KWt0wxsWm5HuxUTRcWXCz[/img]

whatsThePoint

Charity shop

I was in a local one yesterday and they had a versace pinstripe for £40. Renting is probably best option though with such short notice.

Ladies day tomorrow.

Wish I was going, hope you have a great time.

OP, If youre in the cheap seats.smart casual is fine.

A pair of union jack shorts,pair of nike trainers,and you`ll blend in lovely with all the other p*ssed up chavs that go to Ascot now,enjoy

Make sure its waterproof

buy a cheap suit that isnt a bad fit, and then take it to an alterations service and have it made to fit

You don't need a suit

So what one are you?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/17/article-2004421-0C990A7700000578-955_634x422.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Minecraft Foam Diamond Pickaxe - Source?11
      2. Buying an iPhone second hand33
      3. Legal advice?68
      4. Mortgage44

See more discussions