Groups

Royal Bank Of Scotland: No, stop being stupid

I apprecicate that I am verging dangerously upon BitterWallet territory with this here grumble, but all the same:

1) No, RBoS, you aren't really based at "1 Hardman Boulevard". Your letter's lying. That street doesn't even exist. You're just making stuff up to make yourselves look big and tough.

2) If you're going to send me a letter accompanying my new PIN that goes to lengths to warn me against using a pin that's obvious, like "1111", "1234", or "2001", don't issue with it a new PIN, which is itself as simple as 1112.

Gonna have to phone up to get a new PIN sent out now. Seems weird that with all this blab about PIN fraud, they don't have some sort of mechanism in place that stops the same number being used three times in the same code, and then one directly to the right of it. How easy does that make it to steal someone's number?

21 Comments

Why don't you just go and change the pin at a cash point?

Why not just change the PIN at the cashpoint or online if you can?

But I do agree...seems silly!

Original Poster

RedIron;5444587

Why don't you just go and change the pin at a cash point?

You can do that?

haha that's awesome, RBS are.... well im not allowed to say anything, i just hope we win this bank charges thing, then i could afford to buy every member some penny sweets lol

dxx;5444596

You can do that?

Yes but you may have to go to one of their cash points to do it :thumbsup:

jasonodell;5444607

haha that's awesome, RBS are.... well im not allowed to say anything, i … haha that's awesome, RBS are.... well im not allowed to say anything, i just hope we win this bank charges thing, then i could afford to buy every member some penny sweets lol

I shall second that

if changing your pin at the cash machine it must be the first time you use the new pin number x

dxx;5444596

You can do that?

:lol:

RedIron;5444617

Think you can do it at any cashpoint:thumbsup:

RedIron;5444617

i'm pretty sure that's the case :thumbsup:

******ed if you're C&G ;-)

hunter82;5444629

if changing your pin at the cash machine it must be the first time you … if changing your pin at the cash machine it must be the first time you use the new pin number x

Don't think so, you can do it anytime but I just think it has to be one of your bank's machines :thinking:

Can anyone confirm this?

Mrs.Z;5444649

Don't think so, you can do it anytime but I just think it has to be one … Don't think so, you can do it anytime but I just think it has to be one of your bank's machines :thinking:Can anyone confirm this?

I change all mine at Tesco or Asda cash machines.

Do MBNA/Bank of Ireland etc have cash machines? I've never seen one but i've definitely changed my PIN.

Original Poster

RedIron;5444617

I had no idea. I guess it's because I very rarely use RBoS cash machines, since there's none anywhere useful around here, so Ive never noticed anything other than the buttons that give me money. Is there anything else you can do besides changing the PIN number?

has anyone else thought is was a good idea to go to cash machine while drunk and be overly security consious that you felt compelled to change your pin at the same time, only to forget what you changed it too the following day?

Original Poster

Shengis;5444675

I change all mine at Tesco or Asda cash machines.Do MBNA/Bank of Ireland … I change all mine at Tesco or Asda cash machines.Do MBNA/Bank of Ireland etc have cash machines? I've never seen one but i've definitely changed my PIN.

Bank Of Ireland definitely have them. I don't remember if they're clearly marked as BoI, but I think it's either the cash machine at my work or at the pub nearest my work that comes up as Bank Of Ireland on my bank statements.

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;5444770

has anyone else thought is was a good idea to go to cash machine while … has anyone else thought is was a good idea to go to cash machine while drunk and be overly security consious that you felt compelled to change your pin at the same time, only to forget what you changed it too the following day?

No, but I did lock myself out of an email account recently for the same reason. Wouldn't have been so bad, but I changed the security questions for that added level of protection and, well, oops.

dxx;5444755

I had no idea. I guess it's because I very rarely use RBoS cash machines, … I had no idea. I guess it's because I very rarely use RBoS cash machines, since there's none anywhere useful around here, so Ive never noticed anything other than the buttons that give me money. Is there anything else you can do besides changing the PIN number?

Top up your mobile phone
    Order a new cheque book

dxx;5444596

You can do that?

Seem to me you'd be the perfect employee for RBS:thumbsup:

Original Poster

RedIron;5444828

Top up your mobile phoneOrder a new cheque book

Neat. Could do with a new cheque book, since I've no clue at all where I left mine. Expect some rep in a couple of minutes.

seriously...... who uses cheques any more?

MinstrelMan;5444928

People in the military do :thumbsup:

MinstrelMan;5444928

Schools for example.

businesses, keeps money in there account for days longer, and you cant use the 'i never got my money'
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????58
      2. Photobook for up to 400 photos?34
      3. MacBook22
      4. Buy back on Euros to £££23

See more discussions