Royal Bank of Scotland to close 162 branches and 800 jobs going

Found 1st May
Royal Bank of Scotland has sadly announced it is closing 162 branches across England and Wales, resulting in 792 job losses Apparently RBS say that if they need a bank use Natwest...Only helpful if you have one close by though...

''RBS said: ‘Following a review of the branch network in England and Wales a decision has been taken to close 162 Royal Bank of Scotland branches. ‘As a result of this process, around 792 roles will be made redundant, and we will seek to support our colleagues with the option to leave on a voluntary basis.’ A spokesman added: ‘We are no longer launching Williams & Glyn as a challenger bank, and we now have two branch networks operating in close proximity to each other – NatWest and Royal Bank of Scotland – in England and Wales.''

Source
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Still wonder if HUKD is going to change it’s name to CopyAndPasteNews.

i don’t get why people copy and paste news articles into a Misc post without actually contributing to the discussion. We can all go to a news website and read the latest headlines.
Edited by: "mds1256" 1st May
19 Comments
Still wonder if HUKD is going to change it’s name to CopyAndPasteNews.

i don’t get why people copy and paste news articles into a Misc post without actually contributing to the discussion. We can all go to a news website and read the latest headlines.
Edited by: "mds1256" 1st May
sad news.
How do you access your bank act and pay in shops or online?...hmm thought so...
mds125610 m ago

Still wonder if HUKD is going to change it’s name to CopyAndPasteNews.i d …Still wonder if HUKD is going to change it’s name to CopyAndPasteNews.i don’t get why people copy and paste news articles into a Misc post without actually contributing to the discussion. We can all go to a news website and read the latest headlines.

Except @goonertillidie has contributed. It’s the very first paragraph in the OP.
Biddy230 m ago

Except @goonertillidie has contributed. It’s the very first paragraph in t …Except @goonertillidie has contributed. It’s the very first paragraph in the OP.

All of that is in the article, someone else had to actually post the list of closures.
mds12561st May

All of that is in the article, someone else had to actually post the list …All of that is in the article, someone else had to actually post the list of closures.

But you said that people just keep copying and pasting yet that wasn’t what Gooner did. Gooner also made the comment “only helpful if one close by though”. Therefore, he was contributing to a discussion.

Now you’re saying that they didn’t copy and paste the full list of closures which you say is something that shouldn’t be done in your first comment?
CEOs prefer a hostile business environment in their ambitions for personal gain and impose unrealistic business targets.
mds12563 h, 21 m ago

Still wonder if HUKD is going to change it’s name to CopyAndPasteNews.i d …Still wonder if HUKD is going to change it’s name to CopyAndPasteNews.i don’t get why people copy and paste news articles into a Misc post without actually contributing to the discussion. We can all go to a news website and read the latest headlines.

You mean a lack of substance in directional facilitation of discussion?!
Biddy22 h, 36 m ago

But you said that people just keep copying and pasting yet that wasn’t w …But you said that people just keep copying and pasting yet that wasn’t what Gooner did. Gooner also made the comment “only helpful if one close by though”. Therefore, he was contributing to a discussion. Now you’re saying that they didn’t copy and paste the full list of closures which you say is something that shouldn’t be done in your first comment?

For any personal service, one needs to be close to "it" rather than "1000 mile away", that's for sure as a statement of common sense and practicality.

A more useful contribution for debate, rather than stating the obvious as common knowledge, as an arbitrary example, is: "Only helpful if you have one close by though,if not, shall we do a petition or write letters to the CEO, to air our personal thoughts as customers of RBS, or if anyone has any brighter ideas to prevent closure?"

The bold text illustrates a sense of functional purpose to encourage "change" from the fait accompli , which is the OP's contribution.
splender2 m ago

For any personal service, one needs to be close to "it" rather than "1000 …For any personal service, one needs to be close to "it" rather than "1000 mile away", that's for sure as a statement of common sense and practicality.A more useful contribution for debate, rather than stating the obvious as common knowledge, as an arbitrary example, is: "Only helpful if you have one close by though, if not, shall we do a petition or write letters to the CEO, to air our personal thoughts as customers of RBS, or if anyone has any brighter ideas to prevent closure?"The bold text illustrates a sense of functional purpose to encourage "change" from the fait accompli , which is the OP's contribution.

The point wasn’t about adding to a debate though. It was about adding to a discussion without just copying and pasting news links/articles which is what Gooner did. He didn’t just copy and paste it.
davewave3 h, 29 m ago

How do you access your bank act and pay in shops or online?...hmm thought …How do you access your bank act and pay in shops or online?...hmm thought so...

Exactly. I can't remember the last time I went into a bank.
Biddy233 m ago

The point wasn’t about adding to a debate though. It was about adding to a …The point wasn’t about adding to a debate though. It was about adding to a discussion without just copying and pasting news links/articles which is what Gooner did. He didn’t just copy and paste it.

This is a contentious topic, closures and job losses, how can it be a discussion when there are conflict of interests and competiting points between groups. Closures and job losses are debates (not discussions).

Difference Between Debate and Discussion
Edited by: "splender" 1st May
splender13 m ago

This is a contentious topic, closures and job losses, how can it be a …This is a contentious topic, closures and job losses, how can it be a discussion when there are conflict of interests and competiting points between groups. Closures and job losses are debates (not discussions).Difference Between Debate and Discussion

Gooner added to a discussion and didn’t just copy and paste. You’re making points that have nothing to do with what was said.

Whether you feel Gooner added value to a discussion is down to your own opinion, however, he did do so and didn’t just copy and paste a news article which was the point I was replying to.
splender7 h, 42 m ago

CEOs prefer a hostile business environment in their ambitions for personal …CEOs prefer a hostile business environment in their ambitions for personal gain and impose unrealistic business targets.

33729683-ooo6A.jpg
artnada3 h, 27 m ago

[Image]

People in UK can enjoy free banking if they can manage their finances, you don't have that same luxury in most countries.
People want free banking in and out of credit, 0% credit cards and branches on every corner, oh and all the online banking convenience available... unrealistic to run empty branches on every street corner too.

The public are greedy and spoilt in the UK in terms of banking.
Terrible news, my local one is being closed, only good thing is a Nat West is right next door but it will mean bigger queues, so more waiting times. Oh and please Banks dont tell us all its to do with internet banking being more popular. people still need to pay money in, sort out loans, mortgages etc which in my experience are better done face to face
And who stood behind the banks when the financial crash nearly broke them ? The public thats who. Then they close nearly all the branches and force people online. And they dont help you out when your scammed online. Thats your problem.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions