Royal Brunei

Posted 5th Dec 2019
Hi

Has anyone used Royal Brunei for a long haul flight? I’m looking to book a trip and their flights are considerable cheaper than others, just wanted a steer on others personal experience of this company as I’ve never used them, or even heard of them, which doesn’t sit well with me!

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Used them for return Heathrow to Melbourne in 2012.
Back then the 777 was looking a bit dated, no idea if they have upgraded their fleet since then.
Service was ok but if you want a drink then i believe they are a dry airline.

If you flight stops in Brunei the airport is tiny and there is nothing there at all. We were looking at a longer stop and see the country as we weren't likely to go back to Brunei. But all the reviews say there is nothing there at all for tourists so we choose only a 3 hour layover.
Now flying a 787 to Heathrow.
They are fine, been around for years. I used to have a mate that flew for them a few years back and the standards were fine. Unfortunately the country and its laws have gone hard line Islamic so I think I'm right in saying that it is an alcohol free airline. You'd need to check, but you used to be able to take on your own supply. If you stop over in Brunei its a very small country with little to do and of course is completely alchohol free.
airbus33005/12/2019 17:26

They are fine, been around for years. I used to have a mate that flew for …They are fine, been around for years. I used to have a mate that flew for them a few years back and the standards were fine. Unfortunately the country and its laws have gone hard line Islamic so I think I'm right in saying that it is an alcohol free airline. You'd need to check, but you used to be able to take on your own supply. If you stop over in Brunei its a very small country with little to do and of course is completely alchohol free.

But you can pop over the border.
paul100505/12/2019 14:47

Used them for return Heathrow to Melbourne in 2012. Back then the 777 was …Used them for return Heathrow to Melbourne in 2012. Back then the 777 was looking a bit dated, no idea if they have upgraded their fleet since then.Service was ok but if you want a drink then i believe they are a dry airline.If you flight stops in Brunei the airport is tiny and there is nothing there at all. We were looking at a longer stop and see the country as we weren't likely to go back to Brunei. But all the reviews say there is nothing there at all for tourists so we choose only a 3 hour layover.

Thanks for this - I’ve read recent reviews that say similar! If it was a short fligh, I wouldn’t be fussy - but long flights I want at least a bit of comfort....
airbus33005/12/2019 17:26

They are fine, been around for years. I used to have a mate that flew for …They are fine, been around for years. I used to have a mate that flew for them a few years back and the standards were fine. Unfortunately the country and its laws have gone hard line Islamic so I think I'm right in saying that it is an alcohol free airline. You'd need to check, but you used to be able to take on your own supply. If you stop over in Brunei its a very small country with little to do and of course is completely alchohol free.

Thanks. I’m not fussed about the alcohol and only have a couple of hours to wait for a transfer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions