Groups
    EXPIRED

Royal Canin Cat Urinary s/o Food

Hi - my cat has just had an operation and the vet has now told me he has to be on a special diet!!! As if the bill was not enough, he is now supposed to have expensive cat food!!! I have been advised to get Royal Canin Urinary S/O Cat Food - the best price I can get works out to about 48p per pouch of wet food. Does anyone know where I can get it cheaper or have any discount codes - I have 2 cats and it's going to cost a fortune!!! Thanks, Kate

15 Comments

try petsupermarket.co.uk
    my puppy is on an hepatic diet and they are the cheapest, as i've tried everywhere else. As they are only in the next town to me i save on the delivery but even with this they are still cheaper!

ok this might not be much help.. but if 'Hills feline S/D wet food' is cheaper then get that. is does exactly the same thing as the royal canin s/o. Its to help disolve struvite crystals and to stop them from forming and getting blocked. It might not be cheaper though. Have you asked your veterinary surgeons if they will do you a special discount because your pet will be on it long term?

Also the dried food works out a lot cheaper than wet.

Original Poster

thank you for the quick replies! I will check on the other product prices. Do you happen to know the difference between the dry and wet food - is one better than the other? My cat's don't care - they will eat either! The vet only gave me the wet food. I am going back next week so will find out if they can have the dry!

I feel really annoyed they didn't tell me all the food costs involved before I agreed to my cat having the operation!

klf;4956060

thank you for the quick replies! I will check on the other product … thank you for the quick replies! I will check on the other product prices. Do you happen to know the difference between the dry and wet food - is one better than the other? My cat's don't care - they will eat either! The vet only gave me the wet food. I am going back next week so will find out if they can have the dry! I feel really annoyed they didn't tell me all the food costs involved before I agreed to my cat having the operation!

yeh you should be able to give dry or wet. they both do exactly the same thing. i always give my dog dry food. To be honest with you, your vets should do frequent urine checks for struvite and if they are negative then you should be able to go back on normal food. but then they need to keep checking to see make sure that crystals arnt coming back. did your cat have an operation to have bladder stones taken out?

Original Poster

Hi, he had a blocked bladder - they said they caught it early but need to make sure the crystals don't come back again and the food should help that and they said he was overweight!

klf;4956185

Hi, he had a blocked bladder - they said they caught it early but need to … Hi, he had a blocked bladder - they said they caught it early but need to make sure the crystals don't come back again and the food should help that and they said he was overweight!

oh dear. thats not nice. so i take it theyve given you dietry advice about the weight? and ideas of how to help cat lose weight?

Original Poster

I didn't even think he was too overweight! They told me to give him no more than 2 and a half wet pouches per day but didn't say anything else about the weight loss.

If you give them the dried food it wont work out so expensive. It seems pricey but a large bag lasts ages. Hope your cat gets well soon.

klf;4956300

I didn't even think he was too overweight! They told me to give him no … I didn't even think he was too overweight! They told me to give him no more than 2 and a half wet pouches per day but didn't say anything else about the weight loss.

well if you dont think he is overweight then dont worry. if you start to worry and if you dont already do this, then..... i know it sounds unhigenic - But put his food on a surface rather than floor so he has to jump up to exercise for his food.

we brought home our 8 week old puppy last week and the breeder was feeding them canin food. its so expensive!

i have managed to wean her off it within a week but i do sympathise with you, shop around.

just a thought - does the canin website have any offers/ vouchers?

This sounds the same as one of our older female cats who has crystals in the bladder. We give her the vet prescribed food, which is Royal Canin Urinary S/O WK36. This is for mature cats with urinary tract problems, the WK stands for Weight and Kidney and can assist with weight control and urinary tract problems. We switched to the dried food and feed all 3 of our cats the same food, we can get 10kg bag for £39 (it used to be delivered free but since vat dropped the order value is just below the £40 free delivery threshold, just add worming tablets to get free delivery). The cheapest supplier we could find was vetuk.co.uk/
    This is a direct link to the product vetuk.co.uk/ind…001 just check with your vet that this is the correct stuff,

Original Poster

thanks - think the dry food sounds like to cheapest option so I will check with the vet! Cat seems ok at the moment!

klf;4957101

thanks - think the dry food sounds like to cheapest option so I will … thanks - think the dry food sounds like to cheapest option so I will check with the vet! Cat seems ok at the moment!

just a thought - can you let the dried food soak in water first?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. cheap glasses websites23
      2. Take notes with Apple Pencil and sync to a Samsung/Android device?11
      3. Why do people scam on Gumtree?57
      4. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?3058

See more discussions