Royal Mail

Found 17th Dec 2017
Hi I’m expecting a parcel got a email yesterday from Royal Mail saying item was ready for delivery and should be delivered today ( yesterday) it’s tracked and said same thing ready for delivery but not updated since yesterday morning and obviously hasn’t arrived .
Is this normal could it come tomorrow or today ? It says 48 hour tracked its from body shop
Obviously know there busy just not had this before always turned up on time .thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments

adhkarzf1 h, 36 m ago

I've had in the past that postie has scanned it in but delivered later due …I've had in the past that postie has scanned it in but delivered later due to work load. One thing I can't stand is when they sign for it themselves for which I will call up and complain. But right now just wait it's a very busy period and if not arrives by Tuesday I'd query it.

It's terrible when the postie does you a favour, isn't it. I'm glad I return all parcels to the delivery office and let the customers fetch them themselves.
17 Comments

Highly doubt it would come today unless Royal Mail have started delivering on Sundays. Most likely tomorrow.

Original Poster

Wasn’t sure with Xmas if they delivered on a Sunday that’s all

rhysccfc3153 m ago

Highly doubt it would come today unless Royal Mail have started delivering …Highly doubt it would come today unless Royal Mail have started delivering on Sundays. Most likely tomorrow.

They do, but it depends on the local office. If they have a lot of items, they often go out on Sundays to ease the pressure of the week day work.

I've had in the past that postie has scanned it in but delivered later due to work load. One thing I can't stand is when they sign for it themselves for which I will call up and complain. But right now just wait it's a very busy period and if not arrives by Tuesday I'd query it.

Amazon. Royal mail and DPD are late with our deliveries. Some are blaming the weather but the truth is.. Weather and the amount of deliveries is to much to cope with. Read today amazon mentioned for breaking the next day delivery promise.. I think people expect to much and companies promise to much..

I've had a sunday delivery from royal mail in the past. Think it was closer to xmas though.

I'd assume it's late and give it until tomorrow, you might get an update on your tracker in the morning just keep an eye out.

My Delivery office has been out delivering today because of the backlog of Xmas mail.

adhkarzf1 h, 36 m ago

I've had in the past that postie has scanned it in but delivered later due …I've had in the past that postie has scanned it in but delivered later due to work load. One thing I can't stand is when they sign for it themselves for which I will call up and complain. But right now just wait it's a very busy period and if not arrives by Tuesday I'd query it.

It's terrible when the postie does you a favour, isn't it. I'm glad I return all parcels to the delivery office and let the customers fetch them themselves.

SJHan2 h, 25 m ago

It's terrible when the postie does you a favour, isn't it. I'm glad I …It's terrible when the postie does you a favour, isn't it. I'm glad I return all parcels to the delivery office and let the customers fetch them themselves.

If I've paid for signed for then I expect to sign for it myself. I've had the post man sign for it himself and give my parcel in my hand whats the point of that? If it's an expensive parcel and is signed for by postie and then goes missing then it makes it very difficult to get a refund as both company and royal mail say it's been delivered. You may love your postie signing for your parcels then nicking them I personally don't and would rather they did what they were paid to do and not pretend to be the customer.

Also I will gladly rearrange delivery or go to the sorting office to pick up my parcel which is addressed to me not my post person.

adhkarzf9 m ago

If I've paid for signed for then I expect to sign for it myself. I've had …If I've paid for signed for then I expect to sign for it myself. I've had the post man sign for it himself and give my parcel in my hand whats the point of that? If it's an expensive parcel and is signed for by postie and then goes missing then it makes it very difficult to get a refund as both company and royal mail say it's been delivered. You may love your postie signing for your parcels then nicking them I personally don't and would rather they did what they were paid to do and not pretend to be the customer.Also I will gladly rearrange delivery or go to the sorting office to pick up my parcel which is addressed to me not my post person.

Then I suggest you point this out to the postman who only thinks he's doing you a favour rather than snitching on him..

SJHan2 h, 0 m ago

Then I suggest you point this out to the postman who only thinks he's …Then I suggest you point this out to the postman who only thinks he's doing you a favour rather than snitching on him..

Oh yes coz he isn't aware that the customer should be signing instead of the person contracted to deliver it. If the customer needs to point of basics like that then maybe he's not fit for the job and go for easier jobs.

adhkarzf34 m ago

Oh yes coz he isn't aware that the customer should be signing instead of …Oh yes coz he isn't aware that the customer should be signing instead of the person contracted to deliver it. If the customer needs to point of basics like that then maybe he's not fit for the job and go for easier jobs.

Again. Ask him not to do you any favours rather than get him in to trouble for doing something that most customers appreciate him for.

SJHan15 m ago

Again. Ask him not to do you any favours rather than get him in to … Again. Ask him not to do you any favours rather than get him in to trouble for doing something that most customers appreciate him for.

There is no reason for a postie to sign for a parcel. For one thing the recipient might be wanting to reject the delivery.
It is not for the delivery personnel to decide it is in their power to do so. However it would be different if the home owner requested that all mail is placed in a safe/secure location. Including signed and tracked items.

SJHan1 h, 2 m ago

Again. Ask him not to do you any favours rather than get him in to … Again. Ask him not to do you any favours rather than get him in to trouble for doing something that most customers appreciate him for.

I'd suggest that your job wasn't worth losing over not wanting to carry the item back to the sorting office which is why they really sign for it themselves and not because they want to do the customer a favour as you put it. Ok if you live in a village and know your postie I live in the city and the postie regularly changes.

My postie is awesome, we've got an understanding, he will sign and post or leave in a safe place. I trust him and I wouldn't grass on him. Even if my post went missing. I'm sure if you had a word with him he'd stick to the rules. I'm sure like my postie he thinks he is doing you a favour. It hardly takes much effort for them to put it back in there sacks.

Original Poster

Parcel came at just after 7 in morn today and he apologised for coming so early saying they’ve got so many parcels
Post a comment
@
    Text