Royal Mail

Found 5th Mar
Hello All

I have a situation with Royal Mail. I have the RM missed delivery card for an item. But, online tracking says it was collected on next day from Collection point.

I went to local branch with card to collect but same answer from RM staff. They looked for the parcel for a while & don't understand why I have the card but system says it was collected next day.

Can I complain about stolen regarding this incident. Also, royal mail says only sender can make claim.

I was handed a telephone no (03457 740 740) to enquire about this matter. Is there email or online chat where I can report?

Can any member who have faced such share their experiences or ways.

Thank you once again.

RV
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Or to be even more specific, the postage contract is between RM and the sender. You have a contract with the seller which, in all probability, included shipping it to you. You have a legal right to expect they used care in packaging and sending the item. RM has not exercised its duty of care to their customer by ensuring a valid collector was identified (photo driving license). I believe their collection rooms are CCTVed so they should be able to identify the mistake but its the person who paid for the service who has to take issue with RM. You have to take issue with the sender for not receiving it. Tortuous but its the basis of all contract law
ccnp2 m ago

Or to be even more specific, the postage contract is between RM and the …Or to be even more specific, the postage contract is between RM and the sender. You have a contract with the seller which, in all probability, included shipping it to you. You have a legal right to expect they used care in packaging and sending the item. RM has not exercised its duty of care to their customer by ensuring a valid collector was identified (photo driving license). I believe their collection rooms are CCTVed so they should be able to identify the mistake but its the person who paid for the service who has to take issue with RM. You have to take issue with the sender for not receiving it. Tortuous but its the basis of all contract law

Yeah. This.
i do believe this is the case. i will raise issue with paypal & seller. i don't want them to say CCTV is overwritten. It is 30 days for footage to be deleted?
If i was the seller id be pretty annoyed if the buyer tried making a claim via myself. Ive posted the item out and as far as i am concerened the tracking status says collected. How would i know the buyer isnt pulling a fast one? Therefore the issue would be with royal mail and the buyer. Not the seller.
raulvibes11 h, 29 m ago

i do believe this is the case. i will raise issue with paypal & seller. i …i do believe this is the case. i will raise issue with paypal & seller. i don't want them to say CCTV is overwritten. It is 30 days for footage to be deleted?

As far as paypal are concerned, the seller has done everything properly. Your issue is with rm so you need the seller to complain to rm.
Hey i had a similar thing happen as a seller on a Ebay.. Royal mail did in fact loose my parcel. But as i was the seller i had to claim for this to Royal Mail. The parcel was sent 2nd class (not signed for) But i had proof of what the item was. so was refunded the full amount +Postage.
I have asked the seller to make complain and request to save CCTV footage. I reckon it would be easy for Royal Mail to investigate, The tracking shows it was collected at 06:36 pm.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants