Found 6th Jun 2009
Can I still receive my special delivery package if i've already got my letters today (it's a pretty big package so I think it might be coming in a van?)
Is it still possible to get it or will I get it on monday?

37 Comments

I've always found that the majority of SD items even thought the post office says monday delivery will arrive on saturday,just keep your fingers crossed
They dont usually come with the normal post here either,they always arrive by van regardless of size

Banned

Unlikely, unless you paid the premium for a Saturday delivery. Stranger things have happened though!

Original Poster

Mardyass;5415508

I've always found that the majority of SD items even thought the post … I've always found that the majority of SD items even thought the post office says monday delivery will arrive on saturday,just keep your fingers crossed :)They dont usually come with the normal post here either,they always arrive by van regardless of size

Oh thanks :thumbsup:.
Any idea on a time?

Original Poster

guv;5415511

Unlikely, unless you paid the premium for a Saturday delivery. Stranger … Unlikely, unless you paid the premium for a Saturday delivery. Stranger things have happened though!

I know that special delivery items come on saturdays all of mine have their just not guaranteed.

Banned

Met-Cast;5415513

Any idea on a time?

Monday 8.46am and 45 seconds. :thumbsup:

Met-Cast;5415513

Oh thanks :thumbsup:.Any idea on a time?

usually before 1pm

Original Poster

guv;5415522

Monday 8.46am and 45 seconds. :thumbsup:

Repped

Mardyass;5415534

usually before 1pm

it depends what it is, If it is a letter or something small it would have come with the postie

Anything a bit bigger, like a mobile phone for instance, will come on a van.

Timewise could be anything upto 1pm

Original Poster

oldmankensey;5415541

it depends what it is, If it is a letter or something small it would have … it depends what it is, If it is a letter or something small it would have come with the postieAnything a bit bigger, like a mobile phone for instance, will come on a van.Timewise could be anything upto 1pm

It's a PS3 :thumbsup:
Thankyou repped :thumbsup:

Met-Cast;5415551

It's a PS3 :thumbsup:Thankyou repped :thumbsup:

Definitely on a van then!

Sloth/Mod

Met-Cast;5415520

I know that special delivery items come on saturdays all of mine have … I know that special delivery items come on saturdays all of mine have their just not guaranteed.

Then why ask?? :? :giggle:

Original Poster

oldmankensey;5415584

Definitely on a van then!

Ah good :-D Now for the wait :whistling:

Syzable;5415590

Then why ask?? :? :giggle:

I knew there was a chance it wouldn't arrive on a saturday and I was wondering seeing as my letters arrived that it would indeed come on monday.

put the tracking number into the website and see if if says our for delivery

Original Poster

boothy;5415741

put the tracking number into the website and see if if says our for … put the tracking number into the website and see if if says our for delivery

Just says accepted?

Met-Cast;5415774

Just says accepted?

sure its special delivery,doesn't sound like it??

boothy;5415741

put the tracking number into the website and see if if says our for … put the tracking number into the website and see if if says our for delivery

Dont think that it shows up to be honest, i could be wrong but it only shows after its been attempted delivery and then re scanned into the system

Does this mean you'll have a box now then Met?

Usually nothing shows for Special D online until they attempt delivery (whether successful or not), if it was recorded it would probably say "out for delivery" or something like that.

Original Poster

boothy;5415790

sure its special delivery,doesn't sound like it??

Next working day delivery so will arrive on monday. Guess that does mean special delivery and that's what I requested?

iCodd;5415814

Does this mean you'll have a box now then Met? :pUsually nothing shows … Does this mean you'll have a box now then Met? :pUsually nothing shows for Special D online until they attempt delivery (whether successful or not), if it was recorded it would probably say "out for delivery" or something like that.

A box? Lol.

Really? Read above

Original Poster

Even if it was recorded would I still get it in a van? and even if my letters have been delivered?

Met-Cast;5415954

Even if it was recorded would I still get it in a van? and even if my … Even if it was recorded would I still get it in a van? and even if my letters have been delivered?

do you think the postman walks round with a ps3 in his bag?:w00t::w00t:

Special deliverys normally get sent in the van now as the posties leave the sorting office later. With the delivery span starting later they need to make sure it gets there before 1 (or 9 depending on the service) If it had been sent recorded it would still be by van because of the size

Original Poster

boothy;5416000

do you think the postman walks round with a ps3 in his bag?:w00t::w00t:

Right? LOL but I thought they might deliver the letters with the ps3.

Original Poster

hellfire;5416007

Special deliverys normally get sent in the van now as the posties leave … Special deliverys normally get sent in the van now as the posties leave the sorting office later. With the delivery span starting later they need to make sure it gets there before 1 (or 9 depending on the service) If it had been sent recorded it would still be by van because of the size

Thankyou very much!!

Fingers crossed...

Met-Cast;5416011

Right? LOL but I thought they might deliver the letters with the ps3.

letters get sorted differently to packets

Original Poster

hellfire;5416019

letters get sorted differently to packets

Ahh okay :thumbsup:

hellfire;5416007

Special deliverys normally get sent in the van now as the posties leave … Special deliverys normally get sent in the van now as the posties leave the sorting office later. With the delivery span starting later they need to make sure it gets there before 1 (or 9 depending on the service) If it had been sent recorded it would still be by van because of the size

Not entirely true, Royal Mail dont care about customer services anymore, even though Specials have beore 1pm on them, they don't care if a postman gets there after 2, not at my office anyway

Royal Mail is an absolute rubbish company now. Apart from that £400 bonus I got last week of course

Original Poster

oldmankensey;5416163

Not entirely true, Royal Mail dont care about customer services anymore, … Not entirely true, Royal Mail dont care about customer services anymore, even though Specials have beore 1pm on them, they don't care if a postman gets there after 2, not at my office anywayRoyal Mail is an absolute rubbish company now. Apart from that £400 bonus I got last week of course

Sent an item before and it came up as 1:08pm special delivery and they wouldn't refund me saying the work trail says 10:17?

oldmankensey;5416163

Not entirely true, Royal Mail dont care about customer services anymore, … Not entirely true, Royal Mail dont care about customer services anymore, even though Specials have beore 1pm on them, they don't care if a postman gets there after 2, not at my office anywayRoyal Mail is an absolute rubbish company now. Apart from that £400 bonus I got last week of course

My OH is a postman, we liked the bonus too! Though he should have got a load for the election households as well which didn't turn up

What do you think of this man and van thing they have been trialing?

Original Poster

hellfire;5416246

My OH is a postman, we liked the bonus too! Though he should have got a … My OH is a postman, we liked the bonus too! Though he should have got a load for the election households as well which didn't turn upWhat do you think of this man and van thing they have been trialing?

Man and van thing what's that? :oops:

They are, or were, thinking of sending out two posties with a van containing all the letters and packets for two walks and getting them to work it together. I guess they figure it would be cheaper in the long run.

Met-Cast;5415850

Next working day delivery so will arrive on monday. Guess that does mean … Next working day delivery so will arrive on monday. Guess that does mean special delivery and that's what I requested?A box? Lol.Really? Read above

You were asking for a box on FS threads :thumbsup:

I have something delivered Special D today that I ordered yesterday, so have you had it yet?

Original Poster

iCodd;5416317

You were asking for a box on FS threads :thumbsup:I have something … You were asking for a box on FS threads :thumbsup:I have something delivered Special D today that I ordered yesterday, so have you had it yet?

Ah yes nah I ain't found one yet.
And nope nothing yet? still one hour left right? :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Is there still hope?
Just got a message and I can confirm it's been sent as special delivery :thumbsup:

hellfire;5416246

My OH is a postman, we liked the bonus too! Though he should have got a … My OH is a postman, we liked the bonus too! Though he should have got a load for the election households as well which didn't turn upWhat do you think of this man and van thing they have been trialing?

Sounds rubbish, not doing anything like that up here yet, It's only a matter of time before Tnt takes over the business anyway. Strikes are on the horizon

Probably no hope now Met.....

Met-Cast;5416861

Is there still hope? :(Just got a message and I can confirm it's been … Is there still hope? :(Just got a message and I can confirm it's been sent as special delivery :thumbsup:

nah unless it is really busy, which I doubt. PROBABLY get on monday now

Original Poster

What are you sure?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54315389
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322822
    3. word association Game74244867
    4. EA shuts down Visceral Games.45

See more discussions