Royal Mail

Posted some DVD's out a while back and the guy is now saying he's still not received them, I have the receipt, how should i go about claiming the insurance money from the PO? to then give the buyer a full refund

19 Comments

Print out the form from the Royal Mail website, then hand it in at your Local Post Office. They'll reply back with a decision after around 2 weeks.

h_360;6679619

Print out the form from the Royal Mail website, then hand it in at your … Print out the form from the Royal Mail website, then hand it in at your Local Post Office. They'll reply back with a decision after around 2 weeks.

+1

Don't forget to give proof of value of the items (i.e. a print out of how much it will cost to replace them from Amazon etc) with the claim form... if you don't give them this, there's a good chance they'll only give you stamps as compensation.

Well I posted something recorded first class which usually arrives next day. But they were qouting 4-5 days. So depends how long ago.

If you post something recorded then it go missing it will take bloody ages to get anything out the the po in return, been there and done that it will take months :thumbsup:

Original Poster

cheers for the advice i should however add, its just a prrof of postage receipt, i didnt send recorded or anything

cribert;6679695

cheers for the advice i should however add, its just a prrof of postage … cheers for the advice i should however add, its just a prrof of postage receipt, i didnt send recorded or anything

Yes, you'll be fine with that too :thumbsup: In my experience, proof of postage and recorded delivery have never been treated any differently when making a claim.

Cribert - can you tell me how I leave feedback? got feedback to leave for you and pink but not having any luck

Original Poster

bossyboots;6679728

Cribert - can you tell me how I leave feedback? got feedback to leave … Cribert - can you tell me how I leave feedback? got feedback to leave for you and pink but not having any luck

click my feedback then goto add feedback, then choose the thread, if you cant find the correct one just choose a random one, then click submit:)

Original Poster

midlandscomics;6679725

Yes, you'll be fine with that too :thumbsup: In my experience, proof of … Yes, you'll be fine with that too :thumbsup: In my experience, proof of postage and recorded delivery have never been treated any differently when making a claim.

thanks a lot mate appreciate it, this is the first time this has ever happened to me:x

cribert;6679748

click my feedback then goto add feedback, then choose the thread, if you … click my feedback then goto add feedback, then choose the thread, if you cant find the correct one just choose a random one, then click submit:)

right I see - thats whats been happening I couldnt find the correct one - will go leave some just now

p.s what a laugh I had at the Billy Connolly dvd's:thumbsup:

bossyboots;6679758

right I see - thats whats been happening I couldnt find the correct one - … right I see - thats whats been happening I couldnt find the correct one - will go leave some just now p.s what a laugh I had at the Billy Connolly dvd's:thumbsup:

Is that you bossyboots :whistling:

Original Poster

bossyboots;6679758

right I see - thats whats been happening I couldnt find the correct one - … right I see - thats whats been happening I couldnt find the correct one - will go leave some just now p.s what a laugh I had at the Billy Connolly dvd's:thumbsup:

u cant beat a good bit of scottish humour haha

Original Poster

midlandscomics;6679725

Yes, you'll be fine with that too :thumbsup: In my experience, proof of … Yes, you'll be fine with that too :thumbsup: In my experience, proof of postage and recorded delivery have never been treated any differently when making a claim.

where the form?

renown;6679765

Is that you bossyboots :whistling:

lol Helllooooooo you xxxx I had a lovely holiday and have brought u a stock of rock :thumbsup:

cribert;6679779

where the form?

You used to be able to fill in an online form, which after completing you could print out, but the last time I claimed I just picked up a form in the post office (just found one in the draw on my desk actually...it's a P58)

EDIT: Link to the form is at the bottom of this page

royalmail.com/por…735

Original Poster

midlandscomics;6679791

You used to be able to fill in an online form, which after completing you … You used to be able to fill in an online form, which after completing you could print out, but the last time I claimed I just picked up a form in the post office (just found one in the draw on my desk actually...it's a P58)

thanks mate:)

Original Poster

midlandscomics;6679791

You used to be able to fill in an online form, which after completing you … You used to be able to fill in an online form, which after completing you could print out, but the last time I claimed I just picked up a form in the post office (just found one in the draw on my desk actually...it's a P58)EDIT: Link to the form is at the bottom of this pagehttp://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content2?catId=69800733&mediaId=80300735

thats great mate:thumbsup:

You cant claim until 15 working days are up,

it needs to have been 15 days since posting
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What laptop to choose?11
    2. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
    3. Laptop screen backlight issue23
    4. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..510

See more discussions