Royal Mail ?

Do you agree with the lastest strike action ? or Not ?

66 Comments

yes..

boothy;6726489

yes..

postie??

I personally dont.

Banned

Not...

davidn84;6726500

postie??I personally dont.

not a postie

im inside royal mail right now working hahah

boothy;6726507

not a postie

Lesbian?

no....

neither do many RM workers

I don't either.

I know 3 people who work for the Royal Mail & they don't agree with it but they but feel that they are been forced to strike by the union!!!

Case of the unions trying to hold the Royal Mail to ranson to show that they are in controll???

Banned

http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/44167/1256822251/HeeeeeresJohnny.gif

will all end in failure...strikers will lose jobs, RM will lose contracts(they've lost ours(as in work) now anyway)

casparwhite;6726585

:lol:
HEERE'S POSTIE!!

Nope... People get paid to do their job... They want more money.. find another job... Im pretty sure plenty of other unemployed people out there would love to have their job.

dean3988;6726612

Nope... People get paid to do their job... They want more money.. find … Nope... People get paid to do their job... They want more money.. find another job... Im pretty sure plenty of other unemployed people out there would love to have their job.

+1 - take all the temp's they're taking on...i'm quite sure most of them would happily become permanent if they were offered

:thumbsup: yep sure do..lets hope it lasts till january!!!!!!!!:thinking:

their lucky enough to have a job in the first place.
management should say

"if you dont want to work, your free to leave.........if you continue to strike then your fired"

i could see every single position at royal mail taken within a day.

how dare they disrupt our mails............no sympathy for them.

after years of lazing around, theyve been told to get their act together and their moaning about it.

disgusting to say the least.

fps_d0minat0r;6726739

their lucky enough to have a job in the first place.management should … their lucky enough to have a job in the first place.management should say"if you dont want to work, your free to leave.........if you continue to strike then your fired"i could see every single position at royal mail taken within a day.how dare they disrupt our mails............no sympathy for them.after years of lazing around, theyve been told to get their act together and their moaning about it.disgusting to say the least.

+1 and repped for having some common sense!!

Banned

davidn84;6726646

+1 - take all the temp's they're taking on...i'm quite sure most of them … +1 - take all the temp's they're taking on...i'm quite sure most of them would happily become permanent if they were offered

And when the 'temps' get disgruntled at the problems the old workers faced, I'm sure they'll take it lying down:roll:

I was 'awarded' a 2% pay rise this year and had to pay an extra 3.5% towards my pension if I wanted to keep it. Will the postmen and their union support me?
I get sick of public services using us a lever to get their pay rises, if you cannot get it on merit like the rest of us, change job. Its unskilled and as has been said before, there are queues of people waiting to do it.
So the anwser is NO

FilthAndFurry;6726759

And when the 'temps' get disgruntled at the problems the old workers … And when the 'temps' get disgruntled at the problems the old workers faced, I'm sure they'll take it lying down:roll:

they can be told the same thing.......

eventually it will built a team of people who dont want to leave the post office and there wont be a strike for a long time.

at most the post office will be closed for a weekend.........thats far less then the disruption the strike has been causing and will continue to do.

and if the machines get to work, the work load will be sorted out so quick the ex-workers will feel stupid.

If there are enough temps who want the job full time, its career suicide.

they need to look at the car industry, coal mines, shipbuilder,etc to see that there is an easy way out for the employers to a union who want to keep pushing public opinion against them

Its hard to agree or disagree as on one seems to know what it is really about,

tonyg1962;6726847

Its hard to agree or disagree as on one seems to know what it is really … Its hard to agree or disagree as on one seems to know what it is really about,

greed?

Sorry to sound really really stupid, but this what me joe public here its about...royal mail wants postmen to work the hours they are paided for...that sounds reasonable...plus they want to update the technology.....So CWS and TUC have thrown there weight around...So whats the Story Morning Glory ...!

Jacob_Kreed;6726993

Sorry to sound really really stupid, but this what me joe public here its … Sorry to sound really really stupid, but this what me joe public here its about...royal mail wants postmen to work the hours they are [SIZE="4"]paided[/SIZE] for...that sounds reasonable...plus they want to update the technology.....So CWS and TUC have thrown there weight around...So whats the Story Morning Glory ...!

Speak English?

When ther is a strike on i still get my post, but the thing about it i don't get it about 11am in the morning i get it at about 8-30am a nice time :-D

mosskeeto;6726793

I was 'awarded' a 2% pay rise this year and had to pay an extra 3.5% … I was 'awarded' a 2% pay rise this year and had to pay an extra 3.5% towards my pension if I wanted to keep it. Will the postmen and their union support me?

do you pay to be part of a union as most postal workers do? postal workers this and last year where 'awarded' a pay freeze until further notice btw , meanwhile check out] adam croziers wage , the guy has raked in about 4-5 million in the last few years, inc millions in 'bonuses'. fair when the posties get a pay freeze?

I love these threads. Brings out all the simple souls

Heard they offered 30'000 temp jobs and 85'000 people applied............. if it was soooooooo bad working for the royal mail why has 85'000 people applied??? enough to sack them ALL !!!..........:whistling:

If I was about to be replaced by a machine that could go 24/7 and cost a lot less than a person would, I wouldnt be very happy.

they're lazy, my post doesn't arrive before 11am. getting up and going for a walk in the morning isn't a hard job, standing there sorting letters isn't a hard job, driving around in a van isn't a hard job.

deathtrap3000;6727880

If I was about to be replaced by a machine that could go 24/7 and cost a … If I was about to be replaced by a machine that could go 24/7 and cost a lot less than a person would, I wouldnt be very happy.

Way of the world, machine has taken over a mans job in alot of the work places all over the world it's called progress. :thumbsup:

jcaho7;6727817

Heard they offered 30'000 temp jobs and 85'000 people … Heard they offered 30'000 temp jobs and 85'000 people applied............. if it was soooooooo bad working for the royal mail why has 85'000 people applied??? enough to sack them ALL !!!..........:whistling:

Yeah and then all the temps realise what a **** job it actually is, say **** this for a game of soldiers, i'm not going out in the snow, rain etc.... Hmmm, where are we then?

Shengis;6728406

Yeah and then all the temps realise what a **** job it actually is, say … Yeah and then all the temps realise what a **** job it actually is, say **** this for a game of soldiers.... Hmmm, where are we then?

its ok cos the machines will do it, and for less money....:w00t:

will they ride the bikes and walk the rounds too :-D

loupomm;6728425

its ok cos the machines will do it, and for less money....:w00t:will they … its ok cos the machines will do it, and for less money....:w00t:will they ride the bikes and walk the rounds too :-D

I wonder how much this modernisation program is actually costing? As they say, adapt and survive.

amazes me some peoples reaction to the strikes, anyone would think we are all gonna die!

loupomm;6728472

amazes me some peoples reaction to the strikes, anyone would think we are … amazes me some peoples reaction to the strikes, anyone would think we are all gonna die!

We are..... Some day :lol:

I do laugh at those who say what an easy job it is though. I get comments from people who say 'wouldn't want your job mate' and i'd say the same to a postman tbh.

phatboy123;6726547

no....neither do many RM workers

actually i think a 76 percent vote for industrial action shows there in favour of it i personally am because ive seen info from both sides and know its not about pay as posties know there getting no pay rise despite cleaners engineers and caanteen staff getting 2 percent and its not about modernisation as crozier got 1.5 million bonus last year for successfully implementing modernisation

philmitchell;6728186

Way of the world, machine has taken over a mans job in alot of the work … Way of the world, machine has taken over a mans job in alot of the work places all over the world it's called progress. :thumbsup:

Well I know that, its kinda obvious.
Im just saying, you wouldnt be very happy if your job was taken over by a machine.

stuntman9883;6728663

actually i think a 76 percent vote for industrial action shows there in … actually i think a 76 percent vote for industrial action shows there in favour of it i personally am because ive seen info from both sides and know its not about pay as posties know there getting no pay rise despite cleaners engineers and caanteen staff getting 2 percent and its not about modernisation as crozier got 1.5 million bonus last year for successfully implementing modernisation

sure :thumbsup:
just voicing what my local posties have said,

I would still say that 24 percent of the thousands of staff they employ easily constitutes as many...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1526
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047117
    3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***418
    4. love affairs1649

See more discussions