Royal Mail Airmail: would they pay compensation if item lost by the destination country's postal service?

5 replies
Found 15th Mar 2010
Selling something on eb4y. got interest form an eb4yer in central asia with good feedback. tempted but want to know my risks

anyone has expereience? i could ask RM directly but it'll take ages for them to answer.

thanks in advance 4 help.

4 Comments

It depends how you send it and how much it is worth.

I had an item get lost in spain, i think i sent it recorded (i cant remember) and i got refunded £39.

Original Poster

Jetpac;8108516

It depends how you send it and how much it is worth.I had an item get … It depends how you send it and how much it is worth.I had an item get lost in spain, i think i sent it recorded (i cant remember) and i got refunded £39.

Thanks for the answer.... repped:thumbsup:

The item values much less than the automatic cover for all RM services (£39).

I just need to know if RM denies responsibilty by saying that item lost not under theri network/service.

From your answer apparently they cover the lost all the way to the destined address... which is good news for me

i have had a couple of airmail items go missing in the past, they werent sent recorded but royal mail still refunded, although i think you do have to wait a bit longer than the normal 15 days before you can claim

Original Poster

Jimston;8109040

i have had a couple of airmail items go missing in the past, they werent … i have had a couple of airmail items go missing in the past, they werent sent recorded but royal mail still refunded, although i think you do have to wait a bit longer than the normal 15 days before you can claim

thanks... this is exactly the answer i wanted to hear :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522897
    2. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!2042
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428514673
    4. Add one, leave one game54415482

See more discussions