EXPIRED

Royal Mail Claim

A customer has just advised me that the tablet that I sent him has had the screen damaged in transit. When completing the claim form it mentions that they have to have the item back, but then do they compensate the sender (myself) and the buyer?

10 Comments

Banned

If you paid the postage, then you, as there contract was with you. However I wouldn't hold you breath for compensation, they'll make you jump thru hoops, keep you hanging on, and if your lucky 3months down the road they may if your very lucky, offer you some compensation. Keep photo copies of everything you send them including you posting receipt, as the have a habit of loosing them! Good luck
Edited by: "damo1972" 7th Jul 2014

I'd ask the buyer for proof also. He may be trying it on and if it was well packed it shouldn't have happened

you will need to make the claim as you had contract with carrier. the form will ask for details of packaging, where/when posted and value. normal post only covers your u for something like £50. to protect your business / name / reputation you should refund buyer quickly after receipt of item, which you should probably pay for but could submit as part of claim, under no circumstances should you refund before you get it back. did you send it registered post or did the methods compensation cover the value?

u make the claim matey

Original Poster

damo1972

If you paid the postage, then you, as there contract was with you. … If you paid the postage, then you, as there contract was with you. However I wouldn't hold you breath for compensation, they'll make you jump thru hoops, keep you hanging on, and if your lucky 3months down the road they may if your very lucky, offer you some compensation. Keep photo copies of everything you send them including you posting receipt, as the have a habit of loosing them! Good luck

Thank you for your help. I'll wait for Royal Mail to issue me a refund before I refund the buyer as it does seem a bit dodgy when the tablet was delivered on 28/06/2014

Good luck.
Usually they won't cover glass (including screens) as it usually breaks as a result of poor packaging ie not their fault.

You will need photographs of the packaging, and possibly to post it in to them, so make sure the buyer keeps it.

pcsolutions

Thank you for your help. I'll wait for Royal Mail to issue me a refund … Thank you for your help. I'll wait for Royal Mail to issue me a refund before I refund the buyer as it does seem a bit dodgy when the tablet was delivered on 28/06/2014

In that case you'l be making your buyer wait 3 months (as above) for a refund and only then if they send you anything other then a book of 2nd class stamps. As previously mentioned they do not cover screens, at least that was what I was told last time I sent a tablet and inquired about additional insurance.

Original Poster

Argoj

In that case you'l be making your buyer wait 3 months (as above) for a … In that case you'l be making your buyer wait 3 months (as above) for a refund and only then if they send you anything other then a book of 2nd class stamps. As previously mentioned they do not cover screens, at least that was what I was told last time I sent a tablet and inquired about additional insurance.

it doesn't state anywhere on the RM website that tables are not covered
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
    2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
    3. word association Game74044563
    4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33

See more discussions