Expired

Royal Mail cut off times?

8 replies
Found 7th Apr 2009
Hi all
I wondered if anyone knows what is the latest time you can take a package to a P.O and it stands a chance of next day delivery by first class standard.

I understand that nothing is guarenteed but in most cases is what I mean, when I post in the morning 9-10am it gets to the address the next day but was wondering about 2-4pm does it stand a chance?

Couldn't find any info via google?

8 Comments

Depends what time the offices last collection is.

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;4856497

Depends what time the offices last collection is.

Good idea, I think I'll ask my local P.O next time I visit. It's not that important but I have been curious for ages but never knew how they operate.

Sloth/Mod

tonygee;4856526

Good idea, I think I'll ask my local P.O next time I visit. It's not that … Good idea, I think I'll ask my local P.O next time I visit. It's not that important but I have been curious for ages but never knew how they operate.

They operate 24/7 so if it goes at 9am or 5pm it doesn't matter as long as it's collected after that then the likelihood is it will be next day

Original Poster

Syzable;4856573

They operate 24/7 so if it goes at 9am or 5pm it doesn't matter as long … They operate 24/7 so if it goes at 9am or 5pm it doesn't matter as long as it's collected after that then the likelihood is it will be next day

Thanks, I was under the impression the earlier the better but that's good to know for any future dealings with the P.O.:thumbsup:

who knows i had a letter this morning that was posted 2nd class yesteday afternoon.
Yet a member here said they sent 1st class saturday and ive not had that

vinylandtrinkets;4856499

if you want next day delivery there's an extra charge and it would need … if you want next day delivery there's an extra charge and it would need to be posted before 1pm

i think your mixed up there...............
it is DELIVERED by 1pm the next day if sent before the last collection; in my PO, its 5:45pm but you'll need to check your local PO for yours.
Oh and the extra charge is for pre-9am delivery.

Sloth/Mod

czar.nik;4856974

i think your mixed up there...............it is DELIVERED by 1pm the next … i think your mixed up there...............it is DELIVERED by 1pm the next day if sent before the last collection; in my PO, its 5:45pm but you'll need to check your local PO for yours.Oh and the extra charge is for pre-9am delivery.

I think you're all getting confused. vinylandtrinkets is talking about Special Delivery by 1pm.........you've mentioned Special Delivery by 9am

And finally........the op is on about standard 1st Class. lol

i went to the post office after 5pm one day and sent a parcel first class recorded and i got feedback the next day from the lady saying she couldnt believe it as she only paid last night, so i think it depends from office to office as above
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Full car respray11
    2. Best Way to Cook Pheasant Breasts?33
    3. Wireless earphones57
    4. Will iPad 2 iOS update slows it down?44

See more discussions