Royal Mail Deliveries

Anyone else missing lots of parcels sent via Royal Mail? Especially from Amazon? At present I have 7 outstanding!

They were sent before christmas... Yet something ordered on the 29th Dec arrived next day!

15 Comments

Banned

Something ordered 29th wouldn't of been stuck in a warehouse somewhere with 1000's of other items

They are dealing with the current items as if there is no backlog. Items in the backlog aren't priority as they have already missed the target date and delivered by percentages.

All my deliveries have turned up from Amazon, even the ones I placed after Christmas.

Original Poster

So its not on a first come first served basis? They're delivering stuff out that was sent yesterday rather than stuff sent a week or two ago?
Clever stuff if thats true!

All my deliveries have been excellent with royal mail. It's HDNL I've had probs with - just received parcel I ordered 3rd dec - package was wide open with an item missing. Driver wasn't interested just told me to take up with company I'd ordered with!

Banned

Have you phoned and alerted them to it?

I had one Amazon parcel thats just arrived. Was meant to be here yesterday.

Original Poster

Yep I've just phoned them, they're going to refund me if its still not arrived tomorrow (How its supposed to arrive on New Years day I've got no idea).
The thing is I'm using the prime trial, and this 1-day delivery business is a bit of a lie, I understand theres been some bad weather in some parts of the country, but 1 day shouldn't mean a week or two. No way I would pay £49 for this, its just the same service as super-saver except it gets dispatched a day earlier.

I'm now looking forward to a refund of a couple of hundred quid...

Amazon have been poor over this christmas period.

Some turn up some don't. I have asked for a replacement product on something not tracked, and they said they have sent out a new one but if the other turns up they will charge me for it. (Not sure how they are going to proove this as they can't even tell me how it was sent) Nor do I think it was sent out, as every other parcel sent out the same day arrived.

Banned

Parlivus

So its not on a first come first served basis? They're delivering stuff … So its not on a first come first served basis? They're delivering stuff out that was sent yesterday rather than stuff sent a week or two ago?Clever stuff if thats true!

Makes sense the way they are doing it really, why bury new post under old post to make even more post late

Original Poster

Adam2050

Amazon have been poor over this christmas period.Some turn up some don't. … Amazon have been poor over this christmas period.Some turn up some don't. I have asked for a replacement product on something not tracked, and they said they have sent out a new one but if the other turns up they will charge me for it. (Not sure how they are going to proove this as they can't even tell me how it was sent) Nor do I think it was sent out, as every other parcel sent out the same day arrived.

I'm starting to think a lot of my stuff hasn't actually been sent, a £6.37 item was sent recorded delivery and is still "being progressed through our network for delivery" by RoyalMail. Where as a £40 item was sent first class.... Doesn't make ANY sense.
Not impressed, especially by Amazon "sub" Prime

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

Makes sense the way they are doing it really, why bury new post under old … Makes sense the way they are doing it really, why bury new post under old post to make even more post late

Err to deliver stuff people have been waiting weeks for?

all my stuff that was meant to come with royal mail has come, but one parcel i've been waiting to be delivered through hermes has been out for delivery on various occasions, tried ringing hermes been on hold for 35 mins so far, waste of time,

I am currently in a ding dong with ebuyer. Ordered a hard drive next day delivery last thursday an about 8pm.

Its stuck somewhere between them and the courier.

Now told them i want my money back and they have to wait to for city link to send it back to them!!

Banned

Maybe my free iPhone is lost in the post.

nikkib123

All my deliveries have turned up from Amazon, even the ones I placed … All my deliveries have turned up from Amazon, even the ones I placed after Christmas.

So have all of mine, well done Amazon.

Still waiting for an item from The Hut that was ordered on the 7th December ( never again ).
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
    3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions