royal mail employee

Found 24th Mar 2017
Does anyone know the notice period a royal mail employee has to give when resigning?

Thanks in advance:)
Community Updates
17 Comments
I don't work for Royal Mail, but would expect it to depend on 'position' and length of service
so no clear cut rule (it should be on your contract though)
As with any company, its position and sometimes time related. Also depending on when your contracted started it can differ with other staff members .No good asking others who dont know whats in your contract. Just look at the contract.
Weekly paid at RM is one weeks notice I've been told?
Check your contract of employment
You dont really have to give any notice....
However if you dont give notice you can loose any built up holiday pay, bonus etc.
As above your contract will tell you.
Edited by: "staffs1959" 24th Mar 2017
4 Weeks notice period.
Speak with your staff resourcing, as your answer depends on your position, and will factor in any unspent annual leave.
yes check your contract if u have 1 cud be 1 week to 3 month notice thats what mine says
staffs1959

You dont really have to give any notice....However if you dont give … You dont really have to give any notice....However if you dont give notice you can loose any built up holiday pay, bonus etc.As above your contract will tell you.

I would also expect if you just walked without giving notice then don't expect a good reference off them
Often it's frequency of pay ie paid weekly 1 weeks notice, paid 4 weekly/monthly then 4 weeks.

Previous job as IT manager was 8 weeks so it can vary a lot best check your contract or ask HR
Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Asking for a friend who has 'misplaced' their contract and google doesn't know. No intention of just walking out hence the request, full notice will be worked, just trying to ascertain what this is.
Why not just ask your manager or the personnel department ?
Original Poster
goldy12

Why not just ask your manager or the personnel department ?

Cause he's still trying to decide what to do
I used to work for Royal Mail HR but that was over 10yrs ago contracts may have changed since then. I do know that the HR department would give advice on notice period without informing a manager so would simply ask them a simple phone call should sort it.
Order some shoes and check you have your shares in order before you leave.
Stay in employment.(_;)
Original Poster
craigl

Stay in employment.(_;)

Who mentioned unemployment? Thanks for that top tip but he's another job offer!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions