royal mail gone to dogs..

Found 29th Nov 2017
is it just me or are royal mail losing the plot.

my parcels keep getting sent to the wrong Distribution centre, i get text messages saying item ready for delivery, todays was 25 miles away.

had a few others over the last few weeks going to random DCs, so not just due to black friday increased volumes.
Community Updates
Misc
15 Comments
my Amazon deliveries come from Doncaster, that are delivered, many miles away but there get delivered, probably some sense in there some where
They were terrible with my last parcel, was supposed to be 48 hour delivery and it took 96 hours.

First parcel sat at one of sorting depots for over a day, then they sent 1 parcel to the wrong delivery depot so held both parcels for another day until they had moved the wrongly placed parcel to the correct depot
jonmarz8916 m ago

my Amazon deliveries come from Doncaster, that are delivered, many miles …my Amazon deliveries come from Doncaster, that are delivered, many miles away but there get delivered, probably some sense in there some where

yeah my parcelforce depot is rotherham, but I'm talking true royal mail, where they have local hubs, mine is 2 mile away, hence parcels have then had a tracking reference, wrong depot forwarded to local depot
Are the parcels coming via the further DO arriving after being put out for delivery?

What's maybe happening is that RM is load-balancing across DOs, so that spare capacity at the further office can be used to support the nearer office if it's running at maximum capacity. The 2 mile / 25 mile thing is probably a moot point - your delivery route (they don't drive door to door) is probably one of the ones which can be easily and efficiently appended to one of their routes.
deleted800342
I had a recent parcel get sorted to the wrong delivery office, 10 minutes away from me.
It was a tracked 24 item, and as this happened on a Friday, I didn't receive it until the Monday.
In the meantime, they drove it PAST my house to the correct delivery office on the other side of town, also 10 minutes away from my house.
So the parcel was 10 minutes away from my house for 4 days, and arrived 3 days late.
Good job!
deleted1431257
If you have any sense of decency, avoid the Small Heath Post Office and instead go to the two in Birmingham City Center. Worst Post Office in existence.
Op, I had this problem earlier in the year and despite numerous calls to customer services (my packages were also being delivered to an incorrect address) nothing changed. Only when I emailed the CEO of Royal Mail did it come to an end. Try that, but be polite and layout the issue professionally and it should be sorted for you.

moya.greene@royalmail.com
dxx1 h, 27 m ago

Are the parcels coming via the further DO arriving after being put out for …Are the parcels coming via the further DO arriving after being put out for delivery? What's maybe happening is that RM is load-balancing across DOs, so that spare capacity at the further office can be used to support the nearer office if it's running at maximum capacity. The 2 mile / 25 mile thing is probably a moot point - your delivery route (they don't drive door to door) is probably one of the ones which can be easily and efficiently appended to one of their routes.

no they arent, they are going to any random depot, seacroft-leeds today and then having to be redirected to huddersifleld to then be delivered, it was Batley a few weeks ago,

and they have now lost my Very HUKD ipad.
Edited by: "whatyadoinsucka" 29th Nov 2017
Depends on where the package is originating from and there are only a few in the country currently, buty Royal Mail are rolling out small parcel sorting machines, the trouble is currently They are poorly calibrated and sorting staff hate them so fill in the blanks yourself with those two bits of info.

Also deal season so there are alot of packages going elsewhere due to overflow as previously mentioned.

Edit; it's also xmas temp training time.
Edited by: "catbeans" 29th Nov 2017
Royal Mail are poo. No one will do my round as overtime round they say. I have to wait over two weeks for second class mail and that many parcels go missing, they don’t care. They just give reference numbers and do nothing
Haven't had any issues, lucky I guess.
whatyadoinsucka8 h, 58 m ago

yeah my parcelforce depot is rotherham, but I'm talking true royal mail, …yeah my parcelforce depot is rotherham, but I'm talking true royal mail, where they have local hubs, mine is 2 mile away, hence parcels have then had a tracking reference, wrong depot forwarded to local depot

yeaa my royal mail parcel was supposed to be delivered, from this morning it just says out for delivery, and there has been no. delivery
I have a current investigation going on as I sold and sent something by 1st class which never arrived, however tracking shows it was 'delivered'. I have no reason to disbelieve the buyer as he has been very helpful in helping me with information, and also going above and beyond to see if his local sorting office etc had the parcel. I think personally Royal Mail delivered to the wrong address - his address began with 2B so I have a feeling they delivered to 28 instead. Will be interesting to see what happens and if they compensate me.
they are getting worse, another parcel shipped from warrington, is now at Tyneside DC ,
I avoid RM like a plague. I hear People moaning about Yodel yet they’ve been fine with me. R on the other hand
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants