Royal mail: No tracking reference?

Found 26th Feb 2012
Hi guys, just wanted to ask for a bit tips regarding Royal mail system.

I have sent a friend a package about 10 days ago, via 1st class recorded delivery. Until now it has not arrived - plus the tracking page says the following:

'There is no data currently available for this tracking reference. Please try again later.'

Though does this mean they lost the parcel? it might simply be the case it's late - I've heard RM doesn't quite like weekends, so take away the weekend days it's only been 6 days since I've sent it.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Kind regards,
Community Updates
11 Comments
I know with my parcels, they have come up as still at post office although theyve been deilvered so im geussing it could be a barcode scanning issue
dont like weekends? im a postman and we do more during ta sat than during a week day
the systen could be down as this is the first time i have heard it say that it usually says being processed for delivery
Edited by: "celticjoe" 26th Feb 2012
They will only update it when the parcel has been delivered.
If the parcel is lost, it will not update.
Recorded delivery is not tracked at all, it's basically treated like all the other post until its delivered where a signature is required. It's classed as lost after 15 working days, after which you can make a claim. For anything important I would always recommend special delivery.
deb8z

My postie has started putting items through the letterbox that are … My postie has started putting items through the letterbox that are recorded instead of taking them back to the sorting office,why oh why do they do this,there's no point in paying for recorded delivery when no signature is obtained.

Get sender to put claim in. No Sig = no proof of delivery. Serves them right for not doing their job properly. My postie is awesome. Just delivers my mail to any other address. Is it that stressful at RM?
bigweapon07

Get sender to put claim in. No Sig = no proof of delivery. Serves them … Get sender to put claim in. No Sig = no proof of delivery. Serves them right for not doing their job properly. My postie is awesome. Just delivers my mail to any other address. Is it that stressful at RM?

That is fraud and theft, and not something I'd advise.
My postie does this sometimes, saves me a trip to the post office in town and parking is a real pain around there as it's next to the train station.
sickly sweet

That is fraud and theft, and not something I'd advise.My postie does this … That is fraud and theft, and not something I'd advise.My postie does this sometimes, saves me a trip to the post office in town and parking is a real pain around there as it's next to the train station.

only fraud if proven, but also breach of contract with sender, your move
bigweapon07

only fraud if proven, but also breach of contract with sender, your move

You know it's theft and fraud when you have received the goods. Morally (and legally) it's wrong.
If you think it's such a big issue, the seller can apply to have their 75p back as the recorded service was not used which they paid for. That would be a productive and legal way of dealing with it.
sickly sweet

You know it's theft and fraud when you have received the goods. Morally … You know it's theft and fraud when you have received the goods. Morally (and legally) it's wrong.If you think it's such a big issue, the seller can apply to have their 75p back as the recorded service was not used which they paid for. That would be a productive and legal way of dealing with it.

dont think this country has any morals left, im certainly losing mine after seeing everything going on these days and people getting away with it, also companies. nice to rip someone else off for a change all smiles
bigweapon07

dont think this country has any morals left, im certainly losing mine … dont think this country has any morals left, im certainly losing mine after seeing everything going on these days and people getting away with it, also companies. nice to rip someone else off for a change all smiles

I still have morals and don't agree with you.
Theft is theft, just because you have seen someone else do the same does not make it right. It's not.
Anyone ever noticed that people that use the phrase "serves them right" are generally scum?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions