Royal Mail not attempting to deliver parcel

Posted 4th May
So i ordered some items from a website i regularly order from. They sent the email which states order has been dispatched and will be delivered by Royal Mail. A week later and i havent recieved anything. So i contact customer services of the company i purchased the items from and ask for a tracking number. They tell me they cannot find a tracking number so have desptached the order again on Tues 28th April. This time giving me a Royal Mail tracking number. The order has still not been delivered. Royal Mail website states “an update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item”. So when are they going to attempt to?? It’s almost been a week now. It’s impossible to get through to Royal Mail too.

Rewind to mid April when i ordered a fairly expensive item from John Lewis. Royal Mail never delivered my item. John Lewis were unsure why and sent the item again, this time using next day delivery via DPD.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
25 Comments
Depending on the 'Tracking' number what they say is correct. It probably does not end GB and is to confirm delivery.
7-10 days not at all unheard of at the moment.
I ordered a padlock and cable off Amazon seller, sent by royal mail after 20 days they refunded me as not arrived.
I ordered another from same seller in wifes name.
Arrived in 2 days, a week later the first one showed up.
In total i think it took 29 days to be delivered.
Its mad, day 8 with no post at all.
yeah just need to wait, long delays at the moment....

I sent 2 items by special delivery recently, one arrive by 9am the next day, 1 took almost a week....

I've had several next day deliveries I was expecting takes several days.
maybe that dammed fox has it
I've had royal mail stuff that's taken 14+ days to get delivered.
It's possibly delayed as they are also delivering for Amazon who are struggling with their deliveries.

Neighbour and I both ordered fence paint from Amazon. She paid for next day delivery and it was delivered by royal mail.

I didn't and mine which was also for my neighbour but you were limited in how much you could order and not due until Thursday came yesterday by a wonderful very helpful Amazon delivery driver, so five days early and next day delivery without paying any more.
I am an ebay seller and buyer .Some items that I have bought and some I have sold have taken over 14 days to be delivered due to the current situation.It may take even longer now as Royal Mail are not delivering or collecting on Saturdays for the time being
Mendoza04/05/2020 12:34

They’re delivering parcels only on a Saturday
suejb204/05/2020 13:24

They’re delivering parcels only on a Saturday

That doesn’t read write! Parcels and mail Monday-Friday only parcels on a Saturday
I'm an ebay seller also. Posting around 1000 items each week 2nd class. Iv had a large amount of customers waiting upto almost three weeks on there items. Thankly they are patient. Tho some have demanded refunds after 5 days. People's true colours come out at times like this.
Be patient, global pandemic and all that, delivery staff are people and so may be affected by self isolation etc.
Ask your postie when you see them how things are in your area. I luckily live near big sorting office receiving most things in 2 days, so taking just 1 day more.
Some of my small royal mail packets are taking up to 2 weeks. My postie says they are deliberately being held up because of the volume, changes to working practices and lack of staff. Last week we had no mail at all for 4 days because there weren't enough staff to deliver. Then last Friday we had a weeks worth delivered in one go. Don't blame the posties though as they doing their best. Oh and be prepared to lose Saturday deliveries in the future.
Think it will get better once they open up motorways etc. I think they are starting next week with construction sites etc. Has to be a slow job because the virus is still around and if we all went back to normal next Monday, we’re just going to be in the same position eight weeks ago.
wannelly04/05/2020 13:27

I'm an ebay seller also. Posting around 1000 items each week 2nd class. Iv …I'm an ebay seller also. Posting around 1000 items each week 2nd class. Iv had a large amount of customers waiting upto almost three weeks on there items. Thankly they are patient. Tho some have demanded refunds after 5 days. People's true colours come out at times like this.

1000 items a week! What are you selling?
I'd go in your local delivery office & give them an ear bashing!
when I send a item, it takes 3 days, tops
Royal mail are pants at he best of times, the amount if times I've opened the door after no knock and 'sorry you weren't home' card being put through and asked for the item they tried to deliver only to be told they don't have it on them.
Cowboys, have no intention of delivering some items. Last year I rang the office to see if delivering only on a Friday was a thing after only getting mail on a Friday for a couple of months, obviously it's not a thing and funnily it stopped being a thing after that. I live up 2 hills so probably part of the problem but not my fault.
That said, I do think it is going to be hit and miss for a long while and we have to expect delays and be patient.
Uridium04/05/2020 15:03

PPE

Lol no but I got in 750 surgical face masks. Took me a while getting them as the majority about are all fakes. My supplier got them made for me in China. 100 percent genuine. Soon as I got them ebay wouldn't let me list them lol. They said they window has closed to certain seller allowed to sell them.
Rednirah04/05/2020 14:51

1000 items a week! What are you selling?

One of my biggest sellers is Slingshots and slingshot ammo.
wannelly04/05/2020 18:44

One of my biggest sellers is Slingshots and slingshot ammo.

Charming
Ukguy10104/05/2020 15:31

I'd go in your local delivery office & give them an ear bashing!

I'd go in your local delivery office & give them a couple of large tins of biscuits to say thank you.
It is only the 3rd working day. I do with people were a little more patient.
Mendoza04/05/2020 12:34

Hope.this.becomes a meme on Hukd for everything that goes wrong with missing packages. Might help us feel better about items MIA.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions