Royal mail not delivering small parcels?

Posted 6th Apr
My copy of Resident Evil 3 from Amazon dispatched using Royal mail says it has been delivered to my sorting office.

My delivery status on my amazon account says its been delivered! I do not even have a red card and my local office is on reduced hours.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

29 Comments
Yup my local collection point is now only open 7am-9am which is insane used to be 7-5 I only just found out by going to return something and it’s closed
Might be 1- or 2-day delay due to staff shortages but otherwise business as usual at Royal Mail.
What if the reason you don’t have a red card was, it’s been delivered to the wrong house?
I got a parcel on small parcel on Saturday. Took 4 days for a 48hrs service. But still have 2 parcels missing sent 2weeks ago now.
Edited by: "mmuw" 6th Apr
Was it recorded/signed for/tracked delivery so you can check on Royal Mail website whether it has actually been delivered or whether amazon have made a mistake? Amazon delivery updates only tend to be accurate when it’s delivered by their own couriers, not third party.
Ive been ordering small parcels and receiving them fine
I would raise a complaint with Amazon as it states it’s been delivered. But u should have a peek at the usual first, inside the wheelie bins rear gates out buildings etc.
mr.baker06/04/2020 12:19

Ive been ordering small parcels and receiving them fine

Ditto
I received a couple of memory cards in a small jiffy bag, three days ago, delivered by the postie.
Edited by: "melted" 6th Apr
That’s odd they delivered today parcel, dvd size
48 hr service is taking at least 5-6 days in my neighbourhood. I have tracking information saying I will get a delivery today but I know it won't be until Wed. I am ok with it.
Shocking in this time of need your none essential item is late...
You should call your local sorting office.
Bargainhead06/04/2020 13:09

Shocking in this time of need your none essential item is late...

It is essential if it keeps him/her from going insane
Royal mail have been the same as usual for me the last few weeks.
flowersofwar06/04/2020 13:28

It is essential if it keeps him/her from going insane

Ok what ever it takes to sleep at night..
This is normal, Op. Even outside of the virus. Amazon’s tracking is rubbish. Take the tracking number and use it on Royal Mail’s website. It should say it’s out for delivery when it’s being delivered to you.
We send out alot of parcels and have been having loads delayed items with the Royal Mail in the past week, many parcels sent by 48 hour service are taking a week to arrive due to the current situation.
Biddy206/04/2020 13:31

This is normal, Op. Even outside of the virus. Amazon’s tracking is r …This is normal, Op. Even outside of the virus. Amazon’s tracking is rubbish. Take the tracking number and use it on Royal Mail’s website. It should say it’s out for delivery when it’s being delivered to you.

Even on the Royal Mail website it is saying that the item has been delivered
Maybe the Royal Mail should be delivering at a lower level. Lets say 3 times a week to reduce the risk on their staff by 50%.

Would that be ok with you? Or do you demand you computer game 6 out of 7 days?
I'm watching a few Royal Mail orders from Amazon (not made by me, but on my account, for boyf) and they seem to be arriving slightly more slowly. So, as others are saying, I'd give it a few more days.

I just ordered Majirel hair dye to do my own hair at home but all this talk about what's essential and not is getting a bit tiresome. There will always be people who are selfish or do whatever they please, but this is not a time for nit-picking or attacking people who usually have very good reasons for their purchases.

I've hardly ordered from Amazon for weeks and it's nearly every day ordinarily.
dilatedpupils06/04/2020 18:10

Even on the Royal Mail website it is saying that the item has been …Even on the Royal Mail website it is saying that the item has been delivered

That’s strange. I’d chase that up with Amazon in that case. I know that new postage rules have come into effect from today but it shouldn’t include your game as that would easily fit through your letterbox.
Royal mail is slow.

Not sure why people are attacking op for asking about a computer game where they are getting incorrect info and therefore not sure what's going on. It's not like the op is saying it should arrive next day, it's the fact there is confusion as to what's happened to it.
Willy_Wonka06/04/2020 18:16

Maybe the Royal Mail should be delivering at a lower level. Lets say 3 …Maybe the Royal Mail should be delivering at a lower level. Lets say 3 times a week to reduce the risk on their staff by 50%. Would that be ok with you? Or do you demand you computer game 6 out of 7 days?

I keep seeing people say this and trying to talk for postal workers and couriers, but it’s up to them to decide. I’m not sure many of them like the idea of having their income reduced if they can avoid it.

A lot of couriers are self employed and are paid for every parcel they deliver. It’s something pathetic like 50p. That has to cover their van costs (hire or otherwise) and their fuel. The moment couriers lose that income, they could end up having to go through all the troubles that everyone else is with trying to claim Universal Credit.

I get people are trying to look out for them, but they don’t seem to actually be asking the people they’re talking about taking an income away from. People need money to survive too.

Maybe the Royal Mail should be delivering at a lower level. Lets say 3 …Maybe the Royal Mail should be delivering at a lower level. Lets say 3 times a week to reduce the risk on their staff by 50%. Would that be ok with you? Or do you demand you computer game 6 out of 7 days?

I am also going to work 5 times a week and am in contact with the public. I am a vulnerable person who has only just today received their letter that states I should stay at home. The date on top of the letter is 23rd March!

That is pretty normal for my area pre covid
dilatedpupils06/04/2020 18:36

I am also going to work 5 times a week and am in contact with the public. …I am also going to work 5 times a week and am in contact with the public. I am a vulnerable person who has only just today received their letter that states I should stay at home. The date on top of the letter is 23rd March!

Letters from the Government & Government agencies are often received 2 weeks plus from the date on them. It is not the Royal Mail. The fault lays at the printers contracted to produce the letters. .
I had a small parcel delivered today by the Royal Mail.
Biddy206/04/2020 18:29

I keep seeing people say this and trying to talk for postal workers and …I keep seeing people say this and trying to talk for postal workers and couriers, but it’s up to them to decide. I’m not sure many of them like the idea of having their income reduced if they can avoid it. A lot of couriers are self employed and are paid for every parcel they deliver. It’s something pathetic like 50p. That has to cover their van costs (hire or otherwise) and their fuel. The moment couriers lose that income, they could end up having to go through all the troubles that everyone else is with trying to claim Universal Credit. I get people are trying to look out for them, but they don’t seem to actually be asking the people they’re talking about taking an income away from. People need money to survive too.

Up to who to decide? Definitely not the postal workers choice to still be out risking their health, the health of their loved ones, and the health of everyone they deliver too - they're getting no help at all from their management and lofty puppet masters - and what they do get is conflicting information at best.

As for couriers and other delivery folk - their situation absolutely sucks, and because of their shoddy contracts, then yeah, they probably have no choice really than to continue.

It's a weird situation really - the companies and their staff need the business to survive, however with the amount of staff dropping, it's scarily busy for those who remain, and post unfortunately is getting delayed.

Sorry, there doesn't actually seem to be a point from me here, and it's not even clear if I'm debating with you or agreeing? Sorry. I think I just wanted to rant a wee bit. Apologies, this is not directed at you 🙈
My item was delivered today it was packed in a shoe box sized parcel. Amazon do not make it easy for RM
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions