Found 8th Aug 2007
Hi All

I rarely post items, but I need to post an item.

It will be special next day delivery. Would the service be OK? As I hear there are many strikes about?

Thans

12 Comments

I wouldn't count on your item arriving next day at the moment . I posted a couple of items on monday using that and they haven't arrived yet .

Original Poster

Really :S, there arn't really no other alternatives other than RM is there?

lol

couriers

payperdrop on ebay is £6 about the same as SD

Oh yeah payperdrop supposed to be good :thumbsup: They come to your door so you don't even need to leave the house .

Original Poster

I literally know nothing about post.

Is it like an office you go to to post the item? Its only a small package. ARe they reliable?

[SIZE=2]if it is a small package then royal mail would be the first choice[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]but if its urgent then go for payperdrop as delays are on for RM[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]what u do is pay and book it online book a collection date[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]they will come to u and collect the package off u so all u do is wait for them on the given date[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]payperdrop act as the middle man or sumthing as DHL come to collect the package which so far service has been great for me[/SIZE]

I think royal mail is really slow at the moment - no matter what site I order from it is taking a lot longer than normal for the goods to turn up - same with a few letters I have posted

[SIZE=2]ditto first class is usually one day but now its like one week![/SIZE]

royal mail is your best bet for small parcels, if you use the recorded / special delivery i always find them very good.

Original Poster

ciaozammer

royal mail is your best bet for small parcels, if you use the recorded / … royal mail is your best bet for small parcels, if you use the recorded / special delivery i always find them very good.

ANybody else had any experiences with this currently? Would certainly be most convenient.

Thanks for input to all

muffin247

[SIZE=2]ditto first class is usually one day but now its like one … [SIZE=2]ditto first class is usually one day but now its like one week![/SIZE]

I agree! Think that royal mail are on a go slow - I know that they planned strikes but havent seen them put into action, and they dont normally have this much of an effect

Posted a small packet by first class earlier this week and it arrived the following day.

How ever parcels do apear to be taking longer.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604830
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314660
    4. clocks go Back weekend 28 October why not check and clean ur smoke alarm at…65262

See more discussions