Royal Mail parcel collection

Had a royal mail delivery due for today (Saturday/special delivery guaranteed). Delivery was attempted at 10 am but unfortunately I didn't hear the doorbell. They left a card on which it says that the parcel is being held at the delivery office in town and I can collect the next working day. I'm going away tomorrow so I need the parcel today, If I go to the delivery office today (shuts at 2PM), and take my card and ID, will they give me the parcel?

23 Comments

Entirely depends if the man with the parcel has returned to the office and it has found its way to the pickup point. Is there someone you trust to pick the parcel up for you on Monday perhaps ?
Edited by: "dozstanford" 7th Jan

No you won't be able to get it today.

Very unlikely I am afraid. Will probably stay on the van over the weekend, or be dumped at the post-office for resorting on Monday morning.

Worth calling in and asking if there is anything they can do.

yes u can pick up I've done this comment above is correct just tell them u really need the item as it a present u need to go near closing time they shud let u have if the drivers been back to the depot

Depends on the Post Office i suppose but our local one lets you collect the same day,as long as you leave it until just before closing so it would have been dropped off by then. Give them a ring 1st and explain the situation.

doz comment

SilenceOfTheBirds

Had a royal mail delivery due for today (Saturday/special delivery … Had a royal mail delivery due for today (Saturday/special delivery guaranteed). Delivery was attempted at 10 am but unfortunately I didn't hear the doorbell. They left a card on which it says that the parcel is being held at the delivery office in town and I can collect the next working day. I'm going away tomorrow so I need the parcel today, If I go to the delivery office today (shuts at 2PM), and take my card and ID, will they give me the parcel?

I wouldn't expect to get it. Bonus if you do but be prepared to be disappointed

give em a ring will depends on there moods and the location of it

Original Poster

Cheers guys, I'll ring them around 12:30ish and ask if there's anything they can do

Either that or have a drive round in search of your postie and get it off him.

I didn't hear the postie the other day and missed a parcel. He must have chapped the door like a little girl. X)

Ours wont entertain the idea but if you go with some sort of confectionary as a bribe who knows its worth a try

dereklogan7

I didn't hear the postie the other day and missed a parcel. He must have … I didn't hear the postie the other day and missed a parcel. He must have chapped the door like a little girl. X)

Get out of bed then

I've often picked up same day.
I normally leave it until about half an hour before they close and the parcel has always been back at the sorting office by then.

lizbo

Get out of bed then

Hi, looks like we've got another comedian here on HUKD. I wasn't in bed. X)

Happened to me a few weeks back, went in before closing and it was there waiting for me.

Original Poster

benjammin316

Happened to me a few weeks back, went in before closing and it was there … Happened to me a few weeks back, went in before closing and it was there waiting for me.

Great, it closes at 2PM, should I go in for 1:30ish then?

SilenceOfTheBirds

Great, it closes at 2PM, should I go in for 1:30ish then?

I would!

Good luck, make sure you let us know how you get on!

As others have said, it will depend on whether the postie in question has been back to the depot to offload the parcels they could not deliver.

Just go and see if it's there and answer your own question

Original Poster

Thanks for the help guys, I went in and collected it.

SilenceOfTheBirds

Thanks for the help guys, I went in and collected it.

Ah awesome! Enjoy your time away

I once tried picking up the sabre day and it wasn't ready.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047163
    2. word association Game74044552
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767400
    4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1527

See more discussions