Royal Mail postage costs, how big can a packet be?

Hi all

I need to send some items that I have sold on ebay. What are the limits to sending an item as a 'packet'. The items in question are about the size of a mug (but square!) The weight is about 500g. It will fit in a large padded envelope. I can find the minimum dimensions, but no max ones.

Cheers all.

Foxy

9 Comments

only weighs 500 - large padded env - about £2.14 - 1st class:thumbsup:

Hey dude, yh sell stuff on ebay as well, yh basically when you go to your post office, they will have this shape thing that is like the shape of a letter box if it fits through there then you can send it. And there is no limit to the 'packets'.

Packet

Gifts, clothes, shoes, posters, video tapes, large books and other large items and documents are all examples of items that are likely to fall into the Packet format.

Length: over 353mm OR

Width: over 250mm OR

Thickness: over 25mm OR

Weight: over 750g. There is no weight limit for items
sent First Class. The weight limit for Second Class
items is 1000g.

Sending larger items?

The maximum dimensions for rectangular items are 610mm x 460mm x 460mm. Items over these dimensions should be sent by Standard Parcels.

Original Poster

All repped :thumbsup:

Foxy102;6223419

All repped :thumbsup:

Thanks, you have to say my advice was pretty crap compared to the other two who also posted lol. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

mighty mugger;6223428

Thanks, you have to say my advice was pretty crap compared to the other … Thanks, you have to say my advice was pretty crap compared to the other two who also posted lol. :thumbsup:

It all helps dude! Im pretty new to this!

Foxy102;6223452

It all helps dude! Im pretty new to this!

+1 A helping hand is still a helping hand

Original Poster

If I don't put it in a jiffy bag, and just wrap it, can it still be classed as a packet?

Foxy102;6223516

If I don't put it in a jiffy bag, and just wrap it, can it still be … If I don't put it in a jiffy bag, and just wrap it, can it still be classed as a packet?

Yes my friend. But make sure you wrap it properly because post men/women treat your items like ****. Always use bubble wrap no matter what the item.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cool kettle Bosch kettle cashback won't work. Help!22
    2. Question for electrician on bathroom fan45
    3. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?45
    4. To buy Iphone 611

See more discussions