Royal Mail Postage Problem

Hi, thanks for looking, i have a really wierd situation here. I posted an item at the post office (still have the receipt) and when the recipient received it, they claim they have had to pay 1.02 extra postage plus an extra 1.00 handling fee. Now i know this hapens when not enough postage has been paid, but they gave me the price over the counter and i paid it. How do i go about solving this one, as it is an ebay transaction- do they have a card once they have paid the charges which i can request or am i limbo.

Thank you

23 Comments

they get a card so ask them for proof, someone ttried this on with me but i clocked them straight away.

Did you use stamps? i know they can fall of sometimes

They should be able to send you a pic of the sticker which will have been put on the parcel.
You could always PP them back some money and sort it out with royal mail.

Def check with the buyer first as they would have some proof that they had to pay extra, people do like to try it on just to get a bit of money back!

Original Poster

GentleTouch;6979499

they get a card so ask them for proof, someone ttried this on with me but … they get a card so ask them for proof, someone ttried this on with me but i clocked them straight away.

surfbunny;6979536

Did you use stamps? i know they can fall of sometimes

BabySmurfette;6979547

They should be able to send you a pic of the sticker which will have been … They should be able to send you a pic of the sticker which will have been put on the parcel.You could always PP them back some money and sort it out with royal mail.

mummylace;6979627

Def check with the buyer first as they would have some proof that they … Def check with the buyer first as they would have some proof that they had to pay extra, people do like to try it on just to get a bit of money back!

Thank you, all repped. Soft bunny can't remember if it was stamps to be fair as it was all weighed etc by the post office.

Likely the scales were out at the post office or the teller f-ed it up. Get the proof then go back and complain.

Original Poster

one last question, he's come back with pictures and i agree it has all the proof on the letter etc. but with the proof he stated "
I DIDNT GET A CARD THOUGH AS WE WAS IN WHEN POST ARRIVED TODAY.ALL IT HAS ON IS A 1ST CLASS STAMP IT WOULD COST MORE TO SEND.
THERE IS A UNPAID POSTAL CHARGE OF 1.02 AND HANDLING CHARGE OF 1 POUND THANKS."'

now i am not bothered about the card thing, but surely mail men/women cannot accept payment on the door, it ounds like (to me) he has received the item with unpaid postage...but because he has received the item without paying , they do not ask for it back, as they normally want you to collect it and pay over the collection desk. Am i wrong or am i being an idiot?

Scam.

If extra postage is required the letter has to be picked up at the post office.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6990172

They're scamming you.

if you have unpaid charges on an item (my fault) but it get delivered without paying anything, im pretty sure you dont then go an pay for it, because its been delivered.

For example, i once ordered 2 things from america which needed custom charges paying, i paid one first as i had to wait to get paid for the second item, and for some reason they sent both via DHL(or similar) i think.

Original Poster

http://img514.imageshack.us/i/dsc03081o.jpg the picture i received
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1497/dsc03081o.th.jpg

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6990172

They're scamming you.

Jetpac;6990206

Scam.If extra postage is required the letter has to be picked up at the … Scam.If extra postage is required the letter has to be picked up at the post office.

thank you, repped

Original Poster

where can i find information on unpaid items and collection?Thanks. He/she is opening a dispute now, i was going to refund until the email stated the above. 100% feeback aswell tut.

That is not real. Royal Mail always give out cards, which then need to be taken to the local sorting office to pay and get the mail back. That looks like something they have printed off. Ask for this red card. No red card - no refund. Tell ebay as well, sending this picture to them, so when neg feedback is left they can remove it for being unfair.

Fair enough I agree you usually have to collect unpaid postage parcels at your nearest post office/sorting office but the fact is you didnt pay the full amount for postage,you said the post office probable messed it up which is fair enough but then again maybe they have messed up again by not gettin the guy to collect it,either way is it really worth all this hassle for a couple quid? pay up and move on.

Original Poster

cassidy04;6990922

Fair enough I agree you usually have to collect unpaid postage parcels at … Fair enough I agree you usually have to collect unpaid postage parcels at your nearest post office/sorting office but the fact is you didnt pay the full amount for postage,you said the post office probable messed it up which is fair enough but then again maybe they have messed up again by not gettin the guy to collect it,either way is it really worth all this hassle for a couple quid? pay up and move on.

its not the money, its the scamming i despise.

That looks legit to me - I have seem very similar ones before.

How big was it and how heavy? If it was too big heavy for a 1st class stamp then you should know.

I f there wasn't enough postage on the parcel then they wouldn't give the parcel to the postman to be delivered, they would just send it to the nearest sorting office and send the recipient the card stating extra charges and to be picked up from the sorting office

donnydude;6994552

I f there wasn't enough postage on the parcel then they wouldn't give the … I f there wasn't enough postage on the parcel then they wouldn't give the parcel to the postman to be delivered, they would just send it to the nearest sorting office and send the recipient the card stating extra charges and to be picked up from the sorting office

I have had them delivered by van and paid at the door before.

Banned

report buyer to ebay and tell them you are reporting them for fraud to the police lol

Right I'm a postman.

Youa always get a card through the door if an underpaid item is found. Theya are usually found to be underpaid in the mail centres, the staff there then thick on how much underpaid an item is.

If it gets through to a delivery office without being picked up inthe mail centre, you will usually find that the postman will be nice enough just to post it through your door, If this happens then there will be no fee to pay.

You only pay a fee if you get a grey surcharges card through.

Hope this helps.

Your picture links are broken BTW, I cant look at them and tell you if they are real or not.

Also the grey surcharges card acts as a receipt, Unless they can show you this then don't refund, and ask paypal to get a scanned copy of this!

Banned

dcx_badass;6990439

Haha that sticker doesn't look remotely real, you get a card and have to … Haha that sticker doesn't look remotely real, you get a card and have to pick it up, can you imagine post men going around with big change bags.

That sticker is real
However postmen don't accept money, what does happen sometimes is the postman just posts them anyway and you don't end up paying.
If he didn't get a card and reciept then he didn't pay it.

oldmankensey;7007637

Right I'm a postman.

Blimey, Your running late today :whistling:

Banned

Sticker is real and you underpaid by £1.02 suggesting you actually posted a packet weighing 100-250g (cost £1.41 minus the 39p stamp you actually put on).

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/csiman2/ScreenShot026-1.jpg

I would just pay the £2.02 and move on and next time get the PO to print the label themselves.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764175
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846147
    3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891820
    4. word association Game72744167

See more discussions