Royal Mail Posting to USA?

Am I right in thinking that a blu ray sized envelope inside another jiffybag weighing about 450g would cost nearly £13 to post to USA via RM?
Jack

12 Comments

Measure it, and see what it says on the RM site.

Original Poster

dxx;8874950

Measure it, and see what it says on the RM site.

I have done.. but I'm not sure what's classed as small packets?
Jack

i've recently sent a dvd to USA in a padded envelope and it was about £2.50, where did you get £12 from? or is that by some faster means? air mail and surface mail i think is the option

spikeyjacko;8874957

I have done.. but I'm not sure what's classed as small packets?Jack

It depends on the size of it. For domestic stuff, anything up to A4 width and height and about an inch in depth, regardless of the shape, is a large letter, anything over that is a small packet.

regular mail would not cost anywhere near £13. you must have chosen tracking...

Original Poster

Slash;8874985

regular mail would not cost anywhere near £13. you must have chosen … regular mail would not cost anywhere near £13. you must have chosen tracking...

Yeah, I think the buyer want's tracking so they're paying :thumbsup:

think its an extra £3.50 for a signiture at the other end

there is also another option that tracks the package but its a rip off because they do not track to destination, it only tracks until it leaves the UK. RM does not let people know about this unless they read the t&c...

Original Poster

Slash;8875024

there is also another option that tracks the package but its a rip off … there is also another option that tracks the package but its a rip off because they do not track to destination, it only tracks until it leaves the UK. RM does not let people know about this unless they read the t&c...

Hmm okay!
So if I'm sending a blu ray to America, what should I go for?

Airsure Small Packets, 450g to the USA - £11.29 - for this price you get delivery confirmation.

sg.royalmail.com/por…532

I posted a a4 hardbacked envelope with two signed photographs in for a friends son and it cost me £2.49 - took 6 working days to get there. shouldn't be anymore than £4 tbh

Obviously tracking etc adds additional costs

spikeyjacko;8875053

Hmm okay!So if I'm sending a blu ray to America, what should I go for?

If the buyer wants tracking and willing to pay for it, then just go for registered as your first choice but if not, then choose airsure (the tracking).

Normally, I would choose to send it registered because that's what ebay would want as proof that you sent the item.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
    2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
    3. love affairs912
    4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions