Royal Mail Question?

Quick question really,

I have a buyer on ebay claiming they have not received an item posted on the 15th march via first class recorded delivery,

However here is my problem, i can not find the slip with the tracking number to double check to see if the item has been signed for, is there anything i or royal mail can do to find out if it has been signed for?

Where do i stand with the buyer?

8 Comments

Did you email them to say it was sent and let them know the tracking number? You could check on that if you had? I had the same problem - item never arrived from 25th Feb. Now having to claim it back from Royal Mail but have had to send them everything - invoices etc plus the actual receipt from the post office. You'll definitely need it if you want to do anything.

Original Poster

kaks26;8225155

Did you email them to say it was sent and let them know the tracking … Did you email them to say it was sent and let them know the tracking number? You could check on that if you had? I had the same problem - item never arrived from 25th Feb. Now having to claim it back from Royal Mail but have had to send them everything - invoices etc plus the actual receipt from the post office. You'll definitely need it if you want to do anything.

No unfortunately i didn't send them the tracking number, normally do, but didn't this time. :thinking:

Hmm i see this aint going to end well, as i don't have the receipt, I've told the buyer to check there local sorting office, guess ill have to go and have a word with royal mail on monday see what they say...
:?

The details should be on the computer in the post office as all recorded del's are now scanned when posted,if you give them the postcode they should be able to trace it

Quote"I have mislaid or lost my tracking number, what should I do? In order to track your item, we do need the reference number. If you have lost it, unfortunately you will not be able to track your item using Track & Trace.
Please call us on one of the following numbers for further information: "

Royal Mail: 08457 740 740
Parcelforce Worldwide: 08708 501 150

Just make sure you don't admit to the buyer you don't have the tracking number to check,it's mind games time

If you can't find the tracking number you're stuffed, Royal Mail will be as much use as a chocolate teapot as their systems aren't sophisticated enough to look it up. You'll have to refund your buyer and without the Postal Receipt you will be unable to claim compensation from Royal Mail.

Probably finish up being one of the million letters & parcels they "lose" every year,,, You cant help wonder where all these so called "missing" items finish up. Someone picked them up, someone dumped them at the sorting office and someone was allocated to deliver them. It's high time Royal Mail sorted out all of the people who are involved in this process, from the top to the bottom and cared a lot more about their customers instead of simply just paying millions of £'s out every year.I have used P2Go for 5 years , never lost a single parcel, unlike prior to that using RM and losing 4 parcels.

Year there are some theiving gits in RM, i lost a DSi and a set of taps they never turned up

Although they won't admit some depots have cages full of mail from recent disputes. My round is split between several other posties as we have no designated postie at present. When mail numbers gets to something like 113,000 items RM manager is supposed to assign 1 person the full time job but they don't, so the others tend to kick off and walk out for a day or two. Then any mail received during the local dispute gets put in to cages and left for a week or two. Absolute nightmare for me when receiving items but as RM state an item isn't classed as lost until 14 WORKING days have passed.

Also agree that there are some light fingered posties about and even many posties that don't obtain signatures for Recorded signed for items, including Special Delivery.

simplyjimbo;8232676

Although they won't admit some depots have cages full of mail from recent … Although they won't admit some depots have cages full of mail from recent disputes. My round is split between several other posties as we have no designated postie at present. When mail numbers gets to something like 113,000 items RM manager is supposed to assign 1 person the full time job but they don't, so the others tend to kick off and walk out for a day or two. Then any mail received during the local dispute gets put in to cages and left for a week or two. Absolute nightmare for me when receiving items but as RM state an item isn't classed as lost until 14 WORKING days have passed.Also agree that there are some light fingered posties about and even many posties that don't obtain signatures for Recorded signed for items, including Special Delivery.

Scabs
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    2. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1214
    4. GOT Leaks again614

See more discussions