Royal Mail Re Delivery Online does not work! :@

Basically I had a package sent to me on Tuesday, Special Delivery so of course had to sign for it, Missed the postman by a couple of mins because I was in the shower!, No problem i'll try use that so called handy Online Re Delivery Service online... Minutes later requested to have the package re delivered to my local post office... find out it wont get there till Thursday... Fine. clickyty click click. Order processed receipt confirmation sent to my email.
Turn up to my Local Post Office Thursday (Today) they have no incoming mail under my name or address... Getting annoyed now. Called Royal Mail from phonebox (0845 Number)
turns out my package had been attempted to be re delivered to my Home Address!!! half an hour ago! What? They told me they had not received any requests for them to have the package sent to the Post Office. Whats the point of having an online system if it does not work. So he told me that their 1 Driver will re deliver it to my local post office tomorrow by lunch. If it's not there I will go insane. i'm going to make a complaint about it. I would not have cared much if it wasnt Special Delivery but when paying that much for a service you should get a good service back not a rude phone call and rude post people. Now need to take a chunck out of day to stop over tomorrow at post office again

15 Comments

The service you're paying for is fast delivery and thats would you would have got if you weren't in the shower when the postie arrived.

Its very unreliable in general,had a similar experience,i was out when an RD parcel arrived ,i arranged for re-delivery online and it never turned up,i rang them and they had no record of it.

Original Poster

deb8z;4502143

The service you're paying for is fast delivery and thats would you would … The service you're paying for is fast delivery and thats would you would have got if you weren't in the shower when the postie arrived.

I do not mind picking it up after 2 days maxinum but having the post depo tell me that they re delivered it to me today when i requested it to be delivered to my local post office causes another day of going out of my way. If that was the case then why didnt they re deliver it on Wednesday instead of today? Not happy with service online and wont be using it again. Rather ask a person not a computer to deliver my mail always been the best way for communicating.

I had a similiar experience, my new contract phone was being sent out special delivery which I had to pay for because I had no phone and needed it, I missed the delivery by minutes which I admit, was my own fault, but what really riled me was the fact that my phone wasn't even returned to the hub for personal collection, which leads me to still believe that parcels must be kept in the van?

Original Poster

Meadsy4742;4502182

I had a similiar experience, my new contract phone was being sent out … I had a similiar experience, my new contract phone was being sent out special delivery which I had to pay for because I had no phone and needed it, I missed the delivery by minutes which I admit, was my own fault, but what really riled me was the fact that my phone wasn't even returned to the hub for personal collection, which leads me to still believe that parcels must be kept in the van?

Cant you contact the depo about it? Usually if it's not delivered it will go to your nearest depo which is usually ages away?

You know on the back of the card it says * left package in your safe place * how do I get them to do this? Call up ask even the Neighbor Option?

my postman puts the orange you were not in when we called card threw the door and im in the house so when i open the door and wait for him coming down from flats upstairs (on the rare time he delivers himself instead of puttin it all with my mail and letting me deliver them) and he says he does not have the item he didnt think i would be in !!!! Aghhhh

Oh well, never mind eh!;-)

Similar experience - missed delivery of shrubs on Friday - spent a couple of hours on the 'phone Friday afternoon and Saturday morning but waste of time as no one answered so resorted to going online and booking re-delivery for Tuesday. My poor dried-up shrubs finally arrived today, Thursday.

neilsonian

Similar experience - missed delivery of shrubs on Friday - spent a couple … Similar experience - missed delivery of shrubs on Friday - spent a couple of hours on the 'phone Friday afternoon and Saturday morning but waste of time as no one answered so resorted to going online and booking re-delivery for Tuesday. My poor dried-up shrubs finally arrived today, Thursday.

Today is friday

neilsonian

Similar experience - missed delivery of shrubs on Friday - spent a couple … Similar experience - missed delivery of shrubs on Friday - spent a couple of hours on the 'phone Friday afternoon and Saturday morning but waste of time as no one answered so resorted to going online and booking re-delivery for Tuesday. My poor dried-up shrubs finally arrived today, Thursday.

You bought shrubs online? Thats a new one to me.

Banned

use it practically weekly. Never let me down in years of use.

don't order stuff online if you're not going to be in to accept delivery(unless you don't care about getting it delivered again)

especially with live plants, that's just stupid

Never shower again

/problem

(Hope the box doesn't feel too light)

Several times recently I have had cards posted thro letterbox stating unable to deliver as required a signature. so item returned to depot. but no details of sender or deascription on card . Went to depot to collect item but Post Office could not find the item altho shown in Post Office records and on Computer . Asked for details of sender but told they did not have or could not give any details. The last item I went to collect after a week due to holiday but told it had been returned to sender. However again the Post Office said they had no details of sender altho they had suppose to have sent it back.??? I have no idea what the items were as I was not expecting anything requiring a signature so without details of sender unable to make any enquiries and item has therefore disappeared without trace Makes one suspect it may have been stolen in transit. How do I retrieve the items in the circumstances. Surely the Post Office has records of Sender if not they should have.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
    2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
    3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
    4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions