Royal Mail refused to post battery

Found 8th May
Today I went to local post office to post a drone battery. While post officer told me I am not allowed to post an lithium battery when not sent with or connected to an
electronic device. So right now I’m not able to post my battery T.T Do you guys have ever met this issue? How you solve it? Many thanks!
2937042-Rg1A7.jpg
Community Updates
21 Comments
33762527-LKDoW.jpg
Parcel Force and some other couriers will collect. but the packing needs a special label, see the pdf:

r.search.yahoo.com/_yl…d0-
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 8th May
Just post it as a phone with attached battery & they put a label on it
If its something like a DJI battery it is itself the device, it has the internal battery management circuitry which is why it costs so much. Send it again and just say its drone spares.
jimhuf4 m ago

If its something like a DJI battery it is itself the device, it has the …If its something like a DJI battery it is itself the device, it has the internal battery management circuitry which is why it costs so much. Send it again and just say its drone spares.

Thx for your comments, you are right, it’s dji intelligent battery
33762749-Ga3up.jpg

But I’m really afraid they will find me because I lie or they will dispose my battery without permission
nbwuwd6 m ago

Thx for your comments, you are right, it’s dji intelligent battery [Image] …Thx for your comments, you are right, it’s dji intelligent battery [Image] But I’m really afraid they will find me because I lie or they will dispose my battery without permission

Its not a lie to say its drone spares and its not a naked lion battery. It would make zero difference to the safety if shipped strapped to a drone. Phone batteries are not smart batteries, which is what they dont want you shipping, all the protection is in the phone and thats why they insist in it being plugged it.
I send a lot of stuff that has batteries and i just put fitted battery but I do use drop & Go. So just say its a fitted non removable battery or as already mentioned spares, without mentioning its a battery.
nbwuwd24 m ago

Thx for your comments, you are right, it’s dji intelligent battery [Image] …Thx for your comments, you are right, it’s dji intelligent battery [Image] But I’m really afraid they will find me because I lie or they will dispose my battery without permission

33762901-BeKev.jpg
caverncity27 m ago

I send a lot of stuff that has batteries and i just put fitted battery but …I send a lot of stuff that has batteries and i just put fitted battery but I do use drop & Go. So just say its a fitted non removable battery or as already mentioned spares, without mentioning its a battery.

caverncity27 m ago

I send a lot of stuff that has batteries and i just put fitted battery but …I send a lot of stuff that has batteries and i just put fitted battery but I do use drop & Go. So just say its a fitted non removable battery or as already mentioned spares, without mentioning its a battery.

I’m really afraid they will x Ray my parcel, then open my parcel for close check
nbwuwd1 h, 5 m ago

I’m really afraid they will x Ray my parcel, then open my parcel for close …I’m really afraid they will x Ray my parcel, then open my parcel for close check

They will hold you accountable if it blows a plane out of the sky, they dont have the resources to scan and report every parcel, if you are that worried use DPD
jimhuf4 h, 3 m ago

If its something like a DJI battery it is itself the device, it has the …If its something like a DJI battery it is itself the device, it has the internal battery management circuitry which is why it costs so much. Send it again and just say its drone spares.

That applies to just about every lithium battery, including power banks with are specifically mentioned.

They're clearly not just talking about bare cells.
EndlessWaves11 m ago

That applies to just about every lithium battery, including power banks …That applies to just about every lithium battery, including power banks with are specifically mentioned. They're clearly not just talking about bare cells.

Power banks are not smart batteries, Smart Batteries have circuitry that constantly monitors the health of the battery, managing the condition of the cells and only allows cell discharge if its safe to do so. Battery banks like USB Power blocks dont have that, they have a simple charge circuit, that is why the cost so little. Stab a DJI battery with and knife and compare the reaction you get to a chinese power block.
Use another courier (hermes) and send it as a hard drive (that's what I've always done in the past).
I sent a lithium power tool battery before on its own via Royal Mail and I got notification few days later to say it was destroyed, theres nothing you can do, no refund, no p&p cost reimbursed as its against there rules.

Sending with a charger or a power tool, even if not connected would have been fine.

Chance you take, depends on how much its worth to you if you think its worth the risk.
I was sent an ultrasound machine worth a lot of money just fine via courier and according to them it's not allowed... Didn't come from a business.

I have also been sent an antibiotic from my sister in Italy which is prescription only and technically can't be sent (needed it urgently... too much waiting for a GP appointment and I knew that would work for my problem) and again it went unnoticed.

I have sent many phones to eBay buyers and used the self-service machines, never declaring it contained a battery inside a phone and never had issues.

Moral of the story is they don't check that thoroughly.

What they do seem to notice is perfumes though lol.
Edited by: "hearts22" 8th May
andynicol26 m ago

I sent a lithium power tool battery before on its own via Royal Mail and I …I sent a lithium power tool battery before on its own via Royal Mail and I got notification few days later to say it was destroyed, theres nothing you can do, no refund, no p&p cost reimbursed as its against there rules.Sending with a charger or a power tool, even if not connected would have been fine.Chance you take, depends on how much its worth to you if you think its worth the risk.

That's bad though.
My sister put some perfume in a parcel she was gonna send me with other things... UPS did find it but just took it back to her. She took it out and resent fine without extra charges.
hearts2230 m ago

I was sent an ultrasound machine worth a lot of money just fine via …I was sent an ultrasound machine worth a lot of money just fine via courier and according to them it's not allowed... Didn't come from a business. I have also been sent an antibiotic from my sister in Italy which is prescription only and technically can't be sent (needed it urgently... too much waiting for a GP appointment and I knew that would work for my problem) and again it went unnoticed. I have sent many phones to eBay buyers and used the self-service machines, never declaring it contained a battery inside a phone and never had issues. Moral of the story is they don't check that thoroughly.What they do seem to notice is perfumes though lol.

When a battery is sent with its item ( power tool and battery, mobile phone etc) thats perfectly fine, problem is a battery on its own is not allowed (with Royal Mail certainly, I'm unsure of other couriers).
andynicol1 h, 7 m ago

When a battery is sent with its item ( power tool and battery, mobile …When a battery is sent with its item ( power tool and battery, mobile phone etc) thats perfectly fine, problem is a battery on its own is not allowed (with Royal Mail certainly, I'm unsure of other couriers).

Yes but they still have to put a label on the parcel apparently. I was able to send them fine without the labels too was my point. The one time I went to the counter they put that label on the parcel (I only went to the counter because the lady at the self-service machines told me that if I was posting a phone with a battery inside they need to put that label on the parcel).
jimhuf2 h, 20 m ago

Power banks are not smart batteries, Smart Batteries have circuitry that …Power banks are not smart batteries, Smart Batteries have circuitry that constantly monitors the health of the battery, managing the condition of the cells and only allows cell discharge if its safe to do so. Battery banks like USB Power blocks dont have that, they have a simple charge circuit, that is why the cost so little. Stab a DJI battery with and knife and compare the reaction you get to a chinese power block.

Yes they do. I'm pretty sure there are legal safe discharge requirements for any batteries sold in the EU (a quick search suggests it's IEC 62133), and load balancing (managing the condition) is a common feature.
jimhuf8th May

Power banks are not smart batteries, Smart Batteries have circuitry that …Power banks are not smart batteries, Smart Batteries have circuitry that constantly monitors the health of the battery, managing the condition of the cells and only allows cell discharge if its safe to do so. Battery banks like USB Power blocks dont have that, they have a simple charge circuit, that is why the cost so little. Stab a DJI battery with and knife and compare the reaction you get to a chinese power block.

thanks m8,it’s finally delivered without problems.
caverncity8th May

U r right. It’s delivered just now. Many thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants