Royal Mail scam?

Posted 14th Dec 2019
Has anybody had a text like this from Royal Mail?
3364230-uhrk6.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
I had one from EE today and posted it here as a heads up

But hukd have removed it for moderation, can’t put anything on here these days don’t know why we bother ! It was only a heads up Jesus
31 Comments
Scam
Thought so just got confused as previous text was legit from royal mail
They have spoofed royal mails number so it looks like it has come from them but it hasn’t.
Think:
- Did you buy tickets - NO so why would ticketmaster be sending you a message
- Is that a Royal Mail website address - No
- Two NO's definite SCAM

If you have clicked on it you may have downloaded malware or virus to your computer - get it checked out.
Not ticket master one was legit it’s the curry’s one
Ive just had this txt! Thought it was random but all other royal mail txts have been legit
sarah.roberts-cunnington14/12/2019 20:04

Ive just had this txt! Thought it was random but all other royal mail txts …Ive just had this txt! Thought it was random but all other royal mail txts have been legit

Glad it’s not just me then. Pain it’s coming up with all the other legit Royal Mail texts
Report it to RM.
I had one from EE today and posted it here as a heads up

But hukd have removed it for moderation, can’t put anything on here these days don’t know why we bother ! It was only a heads up Jesus
ashmac14/12/2019 20:28

I had one from EE today and posted it here as a heads up But hukd have …I had one from EE today and posted it here as a heads up But hukd have removed it for moderation, can’t put anything on here these days don’t know why we bother ! It was only a heads up Jesus

HUKD doesn't (yet) have a "Beware Scam" section.
Well I’ve sent it to action fraud so see what happens
It's been all over twitter today with people asking if it was a scam. Currys confirmed that it was, they are looking into it and do not open any links from the message.
Edited by: "chuckiedoll" 14th Dec 2019
That looks really genuine, thanks for the heads up
al1merf114/12/2019 21:01

How does that domain name of vvwmk2 look even remotely related to Currys or convey even the slightly degree of legitimacy for anything other than something questionable?
AndyRoyd14/12/2019 21:10

How does that domain name of vvwmk2 look even remotely related to Currys …How does that domain name of vvwmk2 look even remotely related to Currys or convey even the slightly degree of legitimacy for anything other than something questionable?

It’s the first message that looks genuine
al1merf114/12/2019 21:13

It’s the first message that looks genuine

That's because the first message is genuine.
al1merf114/12/2019 21:01

It doesn’t look genuine, really. Look at the difference in links, the weird space after the name, it looks dodgy all round
kay.chaloner14/12/2019 21:15

It doesn’t look genuine, really. Look at the difference in links, the w …It doesn’t look genuine, really. Look at the difference in links, the weird space after the name, it looks dodgy all round

The first message does. This is my point.
Anyway regardless of your opinions, I hope someone doesn’t get scammed out of this
kay.chaloner14/12/2019 21:15

It doesn’t look genuine, really. Look at the difference in links, the w …It doesn’t look genuine, really. Look at the difference in links, the weird space after the name, it looks dodgy all round

Lol. Better tell Royal Mail to stop using the ryml dot me domain name and tell the messaging app designers to not use convenient line breaks.
AndyRoyd14/12/2019 21:25

Lol. Better tell Royal Mail to stop using the ryml dot me domain name and …Lol. Better tell Royal Mail to stop using the ryml dot me domain name and tell the messaging app designers to not use convenient line breaks.

...I’m talking about the second message.
kay.chaloner14/12/2019 21:26

...I’m talking about the second message.

...and tell the messaging app designers to not use convenient line breaks.
But we do agree it's dodgy
AndyRoyd14/12/2019 21:40

...and tell the messaging app designers to not use convenient line breaks. …...and tell the messaging app designers to not use convenient line breaks. But we do agree it's dodgy

Great let’s hope the line break stops the older generation from being scammed!
Forward it to action fraud
ndyanem14/12/2019 22:21

Already done

39373724-jNZBO.jpg
Did scam training Monday so as marshal I tell people to forward to action fraud
Anything unusual with a click on a link for more information I class as a scam. I regularly get them about my TV license. Used to check my bank statement first avoiding the link and I don’t even bother. As soon as I get the email delete it.
never had this message
Scsmmers
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions