Royal Mail service during the Coronavirus?

Posted 1st Jun
Are there delays with the Royal Mail service during the Coronavirus situation? I ordered an item over a week ago and it still has not arrived. I contacted the seller who said there are delays with the Royal Mail service?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Yes. Large banner across the website advising of this

40939226-frSmk.jpgroyalmail.com/
13 Comments
Yes. Large banner across the website advising of this

40939226-frSmk.jpgroyalmail.com/
Not just sick posties but of course, space in sorting offices for safe working distances means the number of staff are lower than usual!
Yeah there are delays..I found it has taken an extra week or so for some packages. But thankfully was not in a hurry for them
Of course there is. Less staff + more post and parcels = delays
Yes I have found that some of my post has been delayed and turning up about a week late
A week is nothing!
There's been delays since it started
Anyone beat 3.5 weeks for 2nd class? or 2 weeks for 1st?
splatsplatsplat01/06/2020 17:24

Anyone beat 3.5 weeks for 2nd class? or 2 weeks for 1st?

Royal snail mail lol!😁😁😁😁 would've been quicker sent from Antarctica LMAO
I sent a letter from the postoffice and it has taken 6 days to arrive in the Uk.it would have been quicker if I had walked 80odd miles and back again!
Pennywise99901/06/2020 20:29

I sent a letter from the postoffice and it has taken 6 days to arrive in …I sent a letter from the postoffice and it has taken 6 days to arrive in the Uk.it would have been quicker if I had walked 80odd miles and back again!

Yes diy mail would of been better!
I must be the only person that has found the service to be no different, ive sent many ebay items with tracking recently and all arrived in 24 or 48 hours, i was actually wondering the other day how theres no delays
Edited by: "Mark_Hickman" 1st Jun
Haircut_10001/06/2020 13:55

A week is nothing!

True. But we have a brilliant postage service in the UK, even after it went public, that doesn't get the appreciation it deserves. A lot of people moan about them. But considering the sheer volume of mail they handle every day, the number of missing or damaged items is very low and delivery is very fast.

So a week "feels" like a long time, even though it really isn't, and that would be the norm in many other countries.
Edited by: "ra786" 2nd Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants