Royal Mail slow?

Found 18th Dec 2012
Hi Guys,

Just wanted some feedback from other members.

Royal Mail/Post have been slow in the last couple of weeks.

8 days from play.com, 7 days from Amazon & a PS3 game I ordered from shopto (1st Class) on Sat hasn't arrived yet. I can usually set my watch to delivery times.

Cheers.
Community Updates
36 Comments
i sent something first class recorded on friday night, and its not even out for delivery yet.. hoping its a case of slow post as opposed to being lost..
Are they not all being posted from the channel islands? Takes time, they are busy at this time of year as its Christmas!
Play usually take a week to deliver.Shopto are usually next working day.As you placed the order Saturday it wouldn't have been shipped until Monday
Newsflash.

Deliveries slow just before Christmas!....

I will get the dailymail on it!..
Very slow from play and zavvi over a week but then it was only 2 days from amazon, prob depends where its coming from....and it is royal mails busiest week....Happy Christmas
Daftfool666

Newsflash.Deliveries slow just before Christmas!....I will get the … Newsflash.Deliveries slow just before Christmas!....I will get the dailymail on it!..

Sarcy teen, well done!
Daftfool666

Newsflash.Deliveries slow just before Christmas!....I will get the … Newsflash.Deliveries slow just before Christmas!....I will get the dailymail on it!..

Don't bother they will tell you that the postman will give you cancer!
Someone posted me an item 1st class recorded on the 12th dec and I'm still waiting to recieve it
What do you expect a week before x-mas?
For first class, RM expect a 93% target in meeting deadlines (they differ for things like Channel Islands, Highlands etc) and between 26th March 2012 and 23rd September 2012, they got 92.6% delivered. So they didn't hit their target, but overall, it isn't bad. Some areas are worse than others of course.
Better than this. Businesses and couriers know Christmas is coming and should organise their resources accordingly. I ordered from Amazon at the end of Nov and it still hasn't arrived. After much faffing and loads of promises I have cancelled my order and done click and collect with Argos.
2nd class parcel took 14 days to arrive, posted on the 3rd, arrived yesterday.
1st class cards took 6 days to travel approximately 150 miles.

That said I've had some things arrive 'next day' 1st class in the last couple of days.
The prices go up & the service gets worse
Hoping the presents i ordered are here before xmas, they were dispatched yesterday.
Same service for me, very poor xmas or not.
tonygee

Sarcy teen, well done!

Dumbass elder, well done!?
Post has been a bit hit and miss here, came on mid-morning today but arrived at 9pm last night
Plus I work from home so sometimes am reliant on the post, but oh we'll they are probably overwhelmed by Christmas and having to help deliver the Yodel lot too
Guys , I really appreciate all the helpful comments. The last few Christmases I haven't had a problem with mail whatsoever so wondering if it was RM new regime.

Brilliant thanks!!
I was notified that a parcel had been dispatched yesterday morning by post office delivery and it arrived today at 11.30....
I've noticed a change too - but do just put it down to Christmas tbh. Our worst so far is my sister posted us something from Spain in Nov, and that isn't here - kinda assume it never will be now.
I've noticed it's a lot slower than usual the past couple of weeks but it's to be expected.I have a load of stuff to sell on ebay but decided to hold off until after Christmas because of it.
Golden rule don't post anything between ..nov 30th and jan 12th
and dont order anything after dec5th until jan 7th.
Listen peeps, I work for Post Office Ltd, and as we are now no longer associated with Royal Mail, I can probably say what I like. I ordered a game yesterday from Shopto, they sent me a picture of my packet being despatched as they do, and it was delivered this morning first class. So today at least, I can say good things about the Christmas mail.
I wished my postman did his rounds earlier as well, 12.50 and he still no where to be seen, latest he has came is around 4pm, which is ridicilous, I thought they where mean't to make sure mail was delivered before 1pm?
Agree it's been slower recently, but would expect that at this time of year.
However, 2 weeks ago i sent an item signed for which hasn't been delivered yet.
And a couple of months ago i sold something on ebay which i sent signed for. After checking and saw it hadn't been signed for, i checked with the buyer who had received it, just wasn't made to sign for it. So glad i paid extra for this service.
One packet sent 1st class did not arrive after six days. A replacement went out 1st class recorded and both arrived two days later. Anyone would think it was Xmas.
slow times
WitnessGoals

I wished my postman did his rounds earlier as well, 12.50 and he still no … I wished my postman did his rounds earlier as well, 12.50 and he still no where to be seen, latest he has came is around 4pm, which is ridicilous, I thought they where mean't to make sure mail was delivered before 1pm?

lol where did you invent this deadline of 1pm from? the only thing that needs to be delivered by then is special delivery. you can all moan at how late it comes but there is no law / promise of what time any mail will be delivered. gone are the days of mail being there when you wake up, which is down to how they run the bunisess now not the postman.
Edited by: "foxxes" 18th Dec 2012
not sure if serious

it's christmas

like hello
foxxes

lol where did you invent this deadline of 1pm from? the only thing that … lol where did you invent this deadline of 1pm from? the only thing that needs to be delivered by then is special delivery. you can all moan at how late it comes but there is no law / promise of what time any mail will be delivered. gone are the days of mail being there when you wake up, which is down to how they run the bunisess now not the postman.

Exactly correct. Quite a while ago, they stopped the postie's from starting really early because it meant they were entitled to an unsociable hours rate, hence why we have all had our post being delivered later and later. It made business sense at the time to save money.
came about 10 minutes ago, apparently they finish work at around 3:30...

Not slow delivery though, ordered saturday, dispatched monday, received tuesday....
tonygee

Hi Guys,Just wanted some feedback from other members.Royal Mail/Post have … Hi Guys,Just wanted some feedback from other members.Royal Mail/Post have been slow in the last couple of weeks.8 days from play.com, 7 days from Amazon & a PS3 game I ordered from shopto (1st Class) on Sat hasn't arrived yet. I can usually set my watch to delivery times.Cheers.

play stuff comes from jersey... lots more stuff this time of year.. processing at their warehouse then space on a FLIGHT not to mention, all the extra mail the royal mail depots are handling,

local mail centre one day last week handled 900,000 compared to usual 300,000 items
yup very slow lovefilm films are taking extra day or two well annoyed.
so your getting slow deliveries from companies who are famous for slow delivery.
I dont think its royal mails fault you bought from play.com
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions