Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Royal mail "something for you" card has come but its not at the post office opposite my house

Posted 16th Oct
What should i do as i have a problem because this is a 300 pounds berghaus coat that is tracked but it says delivered but its not at the shop opposite where the something for you card says
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
You did wait the required time didn’t you normally 24 hours
Failed deliveries normally return to local sorting office, not Post Office. The RM card should state the pickup location.
returned to local sorting office and takes 24hrs
I presume the shop has local collect facility? In that case it should be ready for collection the following working day.
lol..this doesn't go to the post offices. It goes to the main sorting office after failed delivery. Wait 24 hours as said.
spyke300316/10/2019 20:24

I presume the shop has local collect facility? In that case it should be …I presume the shop has local collect facility? In that case it should be ready for collection the following working day.

Not unless OP has booked and paid the 50p re-deliver to local PO fee.
If the tracking says delivered then I can't see it been back at the local del office, is there a signature on the royal mail site when you enter the tracking num?
Of course it's not at the Post Office. It'll be at the sorting office - two different places.
Guess that’s another Op who won’t be back
squiff16/10/2019 22:09

Of course it's not at the Post Office. It'll be at the sorting office - …Of course it's not at the Post Office. It'll be at the sorting office - two different places.

Consider two salient and assumed accurate statements by OP:
"but its not at the shop opposite where the something for you card says"

The card says the item is at the shop (Post Office) opposite OP so it won't be waiting for collection at the sorting office, unless the sorting office is also the shop, which is kinda unlikely.
Tracking... "says delivered" which implies the package has been (subsequently?) delivered (somewhere), not the alternative term used by RM of "Delivered to Your Collection Point" which in any case wouldn't apply as the delivery address was clearly directly to OP otherwise OP would not have the "something for you" card.
Also possibly worth considering OPs native language may not be English, so the choice of vocabulary and its meaning may be inadvertently misleading.
OP only joined HUKD today, likely exclusively to post this thread
AndyRoyd16/10/2019 23:06

Consider two salient and assumed accurate statements by OP:"but its not at …Consider two salient and assumed accurate statements by OP:"but its not at the shop opposite where the something for you card says"The card says the item is at the shop (Post Office) opposite OP so it won't be waiting for collection at the sorting office, unless the sorting office is also the shop, which is kinda unlikely.Tracking... "says delivered" which implies the package has been (subsequently?) delivered (somewhere), not the alternative term used by RM of "Delivered to Your Collection Point" which in any case wouldn't apply as the delivery address was clearly directly to OP otherwise OP would not have the "something for you" card.Also possibly worth considering OPs native language may not be English, so the choice of vocabulary and its meaning may be inadvertently misleading.OP only joined HUKD today, likely exclusively to post this thread

Humble apologies.
I get plenty of missed deliveries at home. Most go to the sorting office but some do go to the local post office. Don't do anything different when ordering stuff/don't pay extra. No idea why and don't really care lol, as long as the package is where is says it is...
Edited by: "Die_hard" 17th Oct
If you live that close to a post office, many will take the parcel off the postman to save re-delivery and the postman may have presumed they would. They may well have said no for some reason, and the card the postman left may have been left before that with the wrong info.

Just treat the card as they missed you and try either filling out the online re-delivery form or try calling the phone number to arrange another delivery. The local sorting office is the most likely place it is just now, but I'd recommend calling the number on the card and double checking with them first before travelling to the sorting office.
Thanks so much guys very helpful i will try the local sorting office. However, i posted this as the "something for you card" was dodgy , and didnt state the type of delivery amd only indicated the parcel was in the shop. I am going the check the sorting office and will let you guys know.
eslick16/10/2019 22:42

Guess that’s another Op who won’t be back

OP is back! So presumably does not use 3 network
Ole717/10/2019 06:52

Thanks so much guys very helpful i will try the local sorting office. …Thanks so much guys very helpful i will try the local sorting office. However, i posted this as the "something for you card" was dodgy , and didnt state the type of delivery amd only indicated the parcel was in the shop. I am going the check the sorting office and will let you guys know.

Hey OP: did you find your £300 jacket at the sorting office or on Gumtree?
Ole717/10/2019 06:52

... I am going the check the sorting office and will let you guys know.

A week later are you wearing your coat or wearing a frown?
Yes it was there
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants