Royal Mail Special Delivery

Found 7th Jul 2011
I need to post my passport off, along with forms, to apply for a visa. I need to send it by special delivery, along with a special delivery pre paid envelope to return it. How does special delivery work? Is it just a sticker as with normal delivery (i.e. I need to buy a couple of envelopes) or are they special envelopes?

4 Comments

go to the post office they will tell you everything you need to know also the royalmail.co.uk
has all you need to know

special delivery you can just use your own envelopes you go to post office hand over everything they weigh and track your mail and take it directly from you. You have a level of compensation (make sure you tick consequntial loss this covers papers)
With your tracking number you can check the delivery status and a copy of the signature.

you use your own envelope, and they stick a sticker on it

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

we need a shakes head in disbelief smiley

Seriously, whats the point in writing that.

effingandjeffing

go to the post office they will tell you everything you need to know also … go to the post office they will tell you everything you need to know also the royalmail.co.ukhas all you need to knowspecial delivery you can just use your own envelopes you go to post office hand over everything they weigh and track your mail and take it directly from you. You have a level of compensation (make sure you tick consequntial loss this covers papers)With your tracking number you can check the delivery status and a copy of the signature.

Cheers. I had look on the website and saw something about special delivery envelopes so wasn't sure. My local post office is useless so thought i better check beforehand.

MR1123

you use your own envelope, and they stick a sticker on it

Cheers.

And write down the Tracking number of the return envelope so you can track it coming back. I use SDE envelopes when i apply for a Indian Visa as it has my Passport in it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants