Royal Mail Special Delivery Question

Found 17th Aug 2012
I just realised it's Saturday tomorrow. On the Royal Mial website it's saying next day guaranteed special delivery on a Saturday is £10.62 as opposed to the normal special delivery rate of £6.35

Does anyone have any info on this, do I *have* to get the Saturday special? or will standard special work?

It's for a sale on here. The buyer wants it tomorrow.

Any help appreciated.
Community Updates
17 Comments
Go ask a post office?
Yep it is extra for guaranteed Saturday, however I posted once and just bought the normal SD and it arrived on Saturday, I think if you need it guaranteed.
Nailez

Go ask a post office?

Why even bother commenting?
Aeschylus

Yep it is extra for guaranteed Saturday, however I posted once and just … Yep it is extra for guaranteed Saturday, however I posted once and just bought the normal SD and it arrived on Saturday, I think if you need it guaranteed.

Ahh, fair! I'm not justifying £10.62 for Saturday delivery so it might just be safer sending first class.
All the guarantee gives you is a refund in postage if not delivered. If you had guaranteed Saturday delivery and they failed to deliver Saturday then you would be entitled to the postage refund. If you had special delivery and the failed to deliver Saturday but on Monday instead then you would not. The post office told me all special deliveries should be attempted on a Saturday whether Guarantedd for Saturday or not.
It depends on the office, some deliver all specials and some just deliver SG. I guess there is only one way to guarantee in on a saturday!
JamesClark1991

Nice attitude you have there for someone trying to help by stating the most obvious thing you could do.

Ignored so have a nice day
£10.62 for postage 8-o
Nailez

Nice attitude you have there for someone trying to help by stating the … Nice attitude you have there for someone trying to help by stating the most obvious thing you could do.Ignored so have a nice day

Don't be a smart alec mate, nobody likes that guy. Have you ever tried phoning the Post Office? it's all automated nonsense, nobody real to talk to.

Also I can't phone premium numbers on my phone contract. Hence why I posted here.
In my experience normal SD has always been delivered on Saturday from sending on Friday. Just depends if you can take the chance of it turning up Monday morning ;-)
When I post something using Special Delivery on a Friday the post woman tells me that it wont get there on Saturday if I pay the standard charge, but most of the time it does!
Special Delivery sent today is guaranteed for Monday but if you pay extra then you can guarantee a Saturday but in my experience 9 times out of 10, standard special delivery will get there on the Saturday anyway.
"specials" should get there for a saturday (no set time).... "sd" is guaranteed for 1pm delivery! (if you need it delivered b4 1)
Edited by: "whingygit" 17th Aug 2012
Special Delivery is next day delivery except for Sundays. I ordered a phone Special Delivery, was dispatched on a Friday and got it on the Saturday. You will most likely get it Saturday, but its really up to the Postman.

Some postmen can't be bothered to carry the parcel if they don't have too, as its not Guaranteed Saturday which if it was they would HAVE to deliver it on the Saturday, I read this on a Royal Mail forum when i was wondering if my parcel is going to come.

They said some Postmen just leave it, but some Postmen want to get all their parcels/posts delivered and out of the way.
Edited by: "hasj2" 17th Aug 2012
Doesn't matter now anyway -.-

The guy was a 0 feedback time waster.
oh noes, just sent a special delivery (someone wanted an item next day) i didnt realise it was friday, doh! fingers crossed.
JamesClark1991

Standard SD usually arrives on saturday anyway. Just use first recorded if its not valuable.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants