Royal Mail stealing my post.

Found 18th May 2012
Hi everyone

Over the past 3 years 6 seperate parcels have been "lost in transit". 5 of which were games. At first I thought it was a one off occurance so I let it slide. The retailers I ordered from always offered to send out the items again or give me a refund. But it would start looking suspicious if I kept saying my mail has been lost.

I don't understand why the person who has been obviously stealing my items hasn't been fired yet. Each time I didn't recieve a item I had to complete a Royal mail lost order form and give it to the retailer. Surely Royal mail was suppose to investigate these missing items.

If anyone has been in the same situation, what did you do? Any advice as to what I should do next would be greatly appreciated.
Community Updates
25 Comments
Yep ...... i get tonnes of letters etc for other people who sometimes live nowhere near me, this has included some special delivery and recorded items , and the odd thing of mine that goes missing.....

Despite multiple complaints at local and head office level nothing changes and the same postman and sorting office still mess stuff up, but never mind lets just jack the prices up by a mile and pay them all more
Edited by: "jase.2" 18th May 2012
6 lost in 3 years isn't exactly shocking, i've had stuff go missing, it's been refunded or sent again, royal mail are the ones who lose out as the retailer just claims from them

yes it's annoying because you're waiting for the item but 2 a year isn't really a major issue

complain to royal mail, some retailers depending on how big they are might not even bother claiming from royal mail so they wont even know
Banned
i once had a free sample of dove for men that didnt turn up. it's disgraceful
6 items in 3 years, that's nothing. My old manor I was losing several or a few every couple of months. Then after some idiot was bragging I found out it was a local fella who worked the round. He even stashed the empty birthday etc cards round his girlfriends, she wasn't too happy. Had to inform head office never did hear if he went to court but never did my round again.

I go to the top of the tree and complain always has better results, send Moya Green (CEO) a complaint.
Edited by: "simplyjimbo" 18th May 2012
Original Poster
dataload

6 lost in 3 years isn't exactly shocking, i've had stuff go missing, it's … 6 lost in 3 years isn't exactly shocking, i've had stuff go missing, it's been refunded or sent again, royal mail are the ones who lose out as the retailer just claims from themyes it's annoying because you're waiting for the item but 2 a year isn't really a major issuecomplain to royal mail, some retailers depending on how big they are might not even bother claiming from royal mail so they wont even know

It might not seem like much but every game I ordered online went missing. Which is very suspicious. The packaging makes it very obvious aswell. Whoever is stealing knows what it is.
Original Poster
simplyjimbo

6 items in 3 years, that's nothing. My old manor I was losing several or … 6 items in 3 years, that's nothing. My old manor I was losing several or a few every couple of months. Then after some idiot was bragging I found out it was a local fella who worked the round. He even stashed the empty birthday etc cards round his girlfriends, she wasn't too happy. Had to inform head office never did hear if he went to court but never did my round again. I go to the top of the tree and complain always has better results, send Moya Green (CEO) a complaint.

Yep definitely going to send them a letter. But I bet that will go "missing" to X)
Edited by: "Fagol" 18th May 2012
hi there, postman here do you have any idea how many people handle your mail before you get it ? if things are going missing there are a thousand people who it could have been every company has some bad eggs
Original Poster
celticjoe

hi there, postman here do you have any idea how many people handle your … hi there, postman here do you have any idea how many people handle your mail before you get it ? if things are going missing there are a thousand people who it could have been every company has some bad eggs

Yeah I know that. It's just that the same type of mail keep going "missing". Nowhere in my post did I say I thought the postman was responsible.
I don't understand why the person who has been obviously stealing my items hasn't been fired yet
its likely never the same person who has taken your things the company is so large it is really hard to catch anyone but there is about 4 a month caught and face jail not much more they could do
Edited by: "celticjoe" 18th May 2012
celticjoe

hi there, postman here do you have any idea how many people handle your … hi there, postman here do you have any idea how many people handle your mail before you get it ? if things are going missing there are a thousand people who it could have been every company has some bad eggs

you sound guilty

stop stealing his games
Contact your local police station, its stealing, which is a crime.

Be 100% sure though.
Could be worse, you could have your stuff delivered by Yodel.
Actually the rules changed recently and the retailers CAN'T claim from Royal Mail any more due to the vast increase in claims they've pulled the rug.

I work for a business who sends out sacks of mail everyday and I was helping bag up at the end of the day and came across in the bottom of a mail sack about 9-10 small parcels sitting there and god knows how long they'd been there we handed them over the the collecting postman who seems astonished....we weren't as it's happened many times before. That is most likely what causes all the delays in mail - lazy postmen not checking things properly.
i dont tend to have much go missing

few years ago i bought a microphone for guitar hero from ebay and that never arrived so sellar sent me another

5 month later it got to winter and all the leaves fell off the trees and bushes and the package with the microfone was in a bush near my door LOL
We've noticed a massive amount of our post has gone missing recently, about 10 pieces in the last 2 months! although no packages, they seem to get here no problems
Banned
http://t.qkme.me/3pcr78.jpg
Edited by: "greatest666" 19th May 2012
D_G

i once had a free sample of dove for men that didnt turn up. it's … i once had a free sample of dove for men that didnt turn up. it's disgraceful

I hope thats been said in humour. A lot of the time companies don't send out free samples and there is a thing called items getting lost.
Banned
DealsHunters

I hope thats been said in humour. A lot of the time companies don't send … I hope thats been said in humour. A lot of the time companies don't send out free samples and there is a thing called items getting lost.

You signed up for that????
just type -postman charged with stealing- into search engine and you will see how many news stories come up,
Banned
kllewis

just type -postman charged with stealing- into search engine and you will … just type -postman charged with stealing- into search engine and you will see how many news stories come up,

Yeah but one of the top stories is from 1913.
In Australia no less.
greatest666

You signed up for that????

Seemingly so. But everyone has to start somewhere, and it's pretty lame of you to pull him up for it.
write to royal mail and complain that post keeps going missing for you and this is too much of a coincidence. i would not accuse the postman of stealing as that may be libel since you don't have any evidence to support this.

they may investigate it and find out that the postman is probably the culprit.
Banned
dxx

Seemingly so. But everyone has to start somewhere, and it's pretty lame … Seemingly so. But everyone has to start somewhere, and it's pretty lame of you to pull him up for it.

Worst first post eva!
mutley1

write to royal mail and complain that post keeps going missing for you … write to royal mail and complain that post keeps going missing for you and this is too much of a coincidence. i would not accuse the postman of stealing as that may be libel since you don't have any evidence to support this.they may investigate it and find out that the postman is probably the culprit.

More like Royal Mail WONT investigate it, I know the problem in my area is the postman as its him who keeps putting many letters for other people thru my door regularly, few weeks back got letters for 4 different addresses thru my door on the same day and one was a recorded delivery, but Royal Mail do nothing about it when its obvious the postman is the issue, been going on for years with the same postman, lord knows how much of my mail is going thru other peoples doors..............
i had the same problem in my last house, over the 6 years we lived there,the first 4 years from sept to Jan every year i had £1000's of items go missing. mostly xmas pressies, ive made hundreds of complaints to RM, i went to the police who looked into my complaint and then RM send 2 " heavies " round to try and get me to stop complaining!

at the end of year 4 i found out our postie had stolen 1000's of peoples parcels, letters, the police and RM investigators found them in his living room!
was he sacked??? NOPE! he was moved to another area in my town! did i get my items ?? NOPE!
thank god for companies like Amazon, play.com who replaced everything that went missing but only after i gave them the crime numbers i was given by the police,.
so OP if you think your postie or sorting office staff are taking your items keep complaining, report it to the police
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants