Royal Mail Survey - Recruiting Now!‏ Earn Stamps, Gift Vouchers Monthly

Found 13th Jan 2014
rmpri.research-int.com

I have been a panelist for TNS (Royal Mail) for nearly 2 years now and since I joined I have earned 12 standard first class stamps and 4 large first class stamps a month for sending and receiving mail supplied by the TNS Group. Equivalent of £10.80 in stamps.

I have also received quarterly prestige stamp packs containing 12 themed first class stamps. Worth around £10 and now they are also introducing Love2Shop Vouchers for every parcel you send. (I have 2 parcels to send this week)

They are now recruiting new panelists so I thought I would share this with you, the link goes to the private individual registrations. For Business registrations see the link below.

When you register it will first see if your are eligible, if you are it will then ask for your address details and see if there are requirements within your postcode.

You may find that you are eligible but there are no requirements for your postcode so you will not be able to become a panelist.

Being a panelist involves posting around 5 items a week and receiving around the same and entering the details of what you post and what you receive on an online system.

Item's you are required to send are sent to you a week or two prior to the required postal date.

Recruitment Email from TNS:
-------------------------------------------------------
The Royal Mail panel is expanding to enable us to better measure the wide variety of mail types that Royal Mail deliver.

This means we need to recruit additional panellists in all areas of the country.

If you know of anyone interested in participating in the measurement, please direct them to one of our self-recruit websites as detailed below.

For private individuals posting stamped test items in their local area and receiving test items to their home address, go to rmpri.research-int.com

For businesses that can meter-frank their outgoing mail and receive test items to their business address, go to rmbus.research-int.com
----------------------------------------------------

Also new updates to incentives for panelists for 2014
----------------------------------------------------
For 2014, we have some changes we want to tell you about.

Over the past few weeks, you might have seen Royal Mail’s ‘We Love Parcels’ campaign. The number of parcels that we post across the UK is increasing. Royal Mail needs information to help them deliver the best parcel delivery service they can. It is this information that you provide as a panellist, and what this means for the measurement is that we need to increase the number of parcel-type items that we ask you to post and receive.

PARCEL ITEMS

More Parcel-type Items: These items will be too big to fit through a normal-sized letterbox, so it is possible that they might need to be collected from your Delivery Office, or for you to arrange redelivery. On average, you should be allocated to post one parcel-type item a month.

INCENTIVES

Parcel-posting Incentive: We have been listening to your feedback over the past 12 months, and we appreciate that posting parcels at Post Offices is more costly and time-consuming than posting letters in Postboxes. In recognition of this, in 2014 for every parcel that you send, we will send you a £2 Love2Shop voucher at the end of the month. (Please note that this only applies for items that are too big for a normal-sized letterbox, i.e. cube items/small boxes or bigger.)

Golden SMART: And, as an incentive to collect and open all your items, from February 2014, each week we will be randomly inserting a Golden SMART into one of the parcel-type items. If you are the lucky recipient of a Golden SMART, you will receive £100 Love2Shop vouchers.

This is all in addition to your regular incentives of daily prize draws, monthly stamps, and quarterly presentation stamps.
-----------------------------------------------------

Thanks

192 Comments

Thanks for that but what is the reference code that we need to use?

Panels like this are just ways companies avoiding paying the minimum wage. I would probably spend more in time/money getting to the post office/delivery office and filling in all the forms then what they actually give you,

signed up, thank you :-)

Signed up thanks!

what is the reference code to use

Original Poster

You can use any ref, I would suggest 'other' as you do not know me.

I've been doing this for 4 months now and have amassed quite a few stamps and even won £10 lovetoshop vouchers in their daily prize draw.

It's a doddle to do too.

I signed up, got my first things to post but just don't have the time I thought I had to go and post them! Ah well, don't think they'll send me any more!
Edited by: "OneGloveOnTheFence" 13th Jan 2014

Thank you,have signed up so will see anything comes of it.

I signed up and after a few months heard back. Am now participating and yes, it does involve a bit more effort than I anticipated (for some reason I thought we'd be posting two items a month, but it is actually two a week, plus you need to enter data about when you receive items and when you post them), but it's OK! I am going on mat leave and will have my baby soon, so it gives me something extra to do and an excuse to get out of the home. Thankfully I have a post office just two minutes away, otherwise it would not probably be very feasible. : )

Lol

Banned

Did this for 2 months and found it a right pain.

The website is absolutely awful; you will find out when you join.

They also expect you to post at set times and post boxes which is difficult if you are at work and work in a different town to the one you live in.

They often sent me incorrect labels / envelopes etc for the jobs they wanted posting.

Personally was not worth the trouble for me for a few stamps. May suit someone who is retired / unemployed as something to do.

Good luck anyway, hope you have more fun with it than I did.

Musician

Did this for 2 months and found it a right pain.The website is absolutely … Did this for 2 months and found it a right pain.The website is absolutely awful; you will find out when you join. They also expect you to post at set times and post boxes which is difficult if you are at work and work in a different town to the one you live in.They often sent me incorrect labels / envelopes etc for the jobs they wanted posting.Personally was not worth the trouble for me for a few stamps. May suit someone who is retired / unemployed as something to do.Good luck anyway, hope you have more fun with it than I did.

I signed up to do this but it was far from simple to do with very poor instructions . I gave up doing after a week but they still sent me a £5 voucher ,2 books of stamps and loads of envelopes with stamps on.

They even asked me to do it again.

Thank you for your interest in the Royal Mail project. We will contact you via email with more information including how and when you can take part, including the incentives that we offer.

can anyone help on this...
just at the training stage at the moment.

My paper schedule says a jiffy needs to be posted a tthe post office.
Does that mean i have to hand it over a the counter? Or can i use a post box outside a post office?

Sure i will get funny looks if i take in a jiffy bag with the correct postage on that would fit in a post box!

Cheers

phil001

can anyone help on this...just at the training stage at the moment.My … can anyone help on this...just at the training stage at the moment.My paper schedule says a jiffy needs to be posted a tthe post office.Does that mean i have to hand it over a the counter? Or can i use a post box outside a post office?Sure i will get funny looks if i take in a jiffy bag with the correct postage on that would fit in a post box!Cheers

This is why i give up because i never knew exactly what to do. I'm sure the postman knew i was part of the survey because he kept knocking to give me my post that could quite easily fit through the letterbox.

phil001

can anyone help on this...just at the training stage at the moment.My … can anyone help on this...just at the training stage at the moment.My paper schedule says a jiffy needs to be posted a tthe post office.Does that mean i have to hand it over a the counter? Or can i use a post box outside a post office?Sure i will get funny looks if i take in a jiffy bag with the correct postage on that would fit in a post box!Cheers

You might get a funny look but yes you have to hand it in at Post office counter.

I've just started my 1st week of "live" items, had to hand in a normal A5 envelope at the post office today that was stamped! I had a bag of used ink cartridges ready to send off to charity so just handed both over together. I'm sure they can probably guess what you are doing, especially if it's a small post office & only 2 people work there!

On a side note to others already on "live" items;- do people find they are getting the incentive stamps through on time? Didn't get mine with my 1st "live" pack & was advised they have ordered them & will send through but I got my 2nd pack today & still no stamps! If I'm going to have to be chasing them for the incentives every month then will think hard about continuing.

Original Poster

you get incentives once a month so if you just missed the first month dispatch you will get them next month, I usually do 4-5 packs between incentives. so 4-5 weeks.

And yes if it says Post Office you hand it over the counter not post it outside, sometimes they will weigh it and sometimes they will just take it. They have absolutely no clue what you are doing if you are the first and only participant in your area until you have "That" conversation. They do not get updates on it as it is Mystery Shopping.

phil001

phil001

SkilledNutter

you get incentives once a month so if you just missed the first month … you get incentives once a month so if you just missed the first month dispatch you will get them next month, I usually do 4-5 packs between incentives. so 4-5 weeks.And yes if it says Post Office you hand it over the counter not post it outside, sometimes they will weigh it and sometimes they will just take it. They have absolutely no clue what you are doing if you are the first and only participant in your area until you have "That" conversation. They do not get updates on it as it is Mystery Shopping.

No in the post box outside
From the FAQ's on their website
"Do I use the PostBox inside or outside the Post Office?

You can post your items in the PostBox outside the Post Office, which is our preferred option"
the only thing I have handed over at the counter are the three parcels I have done
Edited by: "Wongy110" 20th Aug 2014

Original Poster

Yes I stand corrected, I was thinking of the new addition of Post Office as a separate mailing option. SO if you do hand it over the counter you do not put the post box but the post office itself and that applies to Parcels not Jiffy's which can be posted outside.

Confusing at times.

I agree some people may find this a bit to much hassle
I just cheat and post everything in a normal post box
as the post office is two miles out of my way(and it wasn't me who closed them all)
worth doing for 6 months anyway as they then ask you to do the unaddressed mail thing
which is a £5 voucher and an utter doddle

SkilledNutter

you get incentives once a month so if you just missed the first month … you get incentives once a month so if you just missed the first month dispatch you will get them next month, I usually do 4-5 packs between incentives. so 4-5 weeks.And yes if it says Post Office you hand it over the counter not post it outside, sometimes they will weigh it and sometimes they will just take it. They have absolutely no clue what you are doing if you are the first and only participant in your area until you have "That" conversation. They do not get updates on it as it is Mystery Shopping.

Do they issue the incentives to everyone at the same time / on a set date / or based on when you start posting "live" items?

I got my 1st training pack on 3rd July & had initial pack of stamps, I've not had any more stamps since then so it's been nearly 7 weeks. My 1st "live" pack was received on the 13 August. I emailed customer support last week & they advised I should have received another set of 2 books of 1st class & a presentation pack of stamps with my 1st live pack but I’m still waiting for them.

lyzzys321

Do they issue the incentives to everyone at the same time / on a set date … Do they issue the incentives to everyone at the same time / on a set date / or based on when you start posting "live" items?I got my 1st training pack on 3rd July & had initial pack of stamps, I've not had any more stamps since then so it's been nearly 7 weeks. My 1st "live" pack was received on the 13 August. I emailed customer support last week & they advised I should have received another set of 2 books of 1st class & a presentation pack of stamps with my 1st live pack but I’m still waiting for them.

I had my second lot after 5 weeks
Had my monthly stamps last week edit : of course that was because I was on holiday
and another lot with my final pack this week !
Edited by: "Wongy110" 20th Aug 2014

phil001

phil001

SkilledNutter

Now I'm confused... My post office is a small town one, there is no post box inside, just the counter staff to hand it to. I have registered that as a post office. There is also a post box outside which I have also registered & they show as 2 different posting methods. My schedule on where to post is showing either "Post box" "Post Office" for the ones that state "Post office" am I expected to post it in the post box outside? Why would it specify "Post office" if they want me to put it in the post box outside?

Would be a lot easier if I could just put it in the post box though!

lyzzys321

Now I'm confused... My post office is a small town one, there is no post … Now I'm confused... My post office is a small town one, there is no post box inside, just the counter staff to hand it to. I have registered that as a post office. There is also a post box outside which I have also registered & they show as 2 different posting methods. My schedule on where to post is showing either "Post box" "Post Office" for the ones that state "Post office" am I expected to post it in the post box outside? Why would it specify "Post office" if they want me to put it in the post box outside? Would be a lot easier if I could just put it in the post box though!

Yes it means the post box outside the post office

Original Poster

lyzzys321

Do they issue the incentives to everyone at the same time / on a set date … Do they issue the incentives to everyone at the same time / on a set date / or based on when you start posting "live" items?I got my 1st training pack on 3rd July & had initial pack of stamps, I've not had any more stamps since then so it's been nearly 7 weeks. My 1st "live" pack was received on the 13 August. I emailed customer support last week & they advised I should have received another set of 2 books of 1st class & a presentation pack of stamps with my 1st live pack but I’m still waiting for them.

I don't think so, what I meant is you may go up to 5 weeks without any incentives but they are always included within a senders pack so if you are not missing any senders packs i.e. everything you are meant to send you have received. Then they have forgotten to include your August incentives.

phil001

To answer my own question (I emailed them before posting here and just got the response below)

Whether to post a test item at a post box or a post office is listed on … Whether to post a test item at a post box or a post office is listed on your printed posting plan, but not your online schedule. If you do not have your printed plan, please post an item at any of your registered post boxes.The only “post office” postings which you should hand over the counter are those which are too large to fit in the postbox outside (ie cubes and medium parcels). Please post all other items in the box outside; this will still count as at the post office for survey purposes.

Edited by: "phil001" 21st Aug 2014

Sorry to comment on an old thread! I`v been doing this a month now - I have received a copper like colour smart, rather than a normal white one, just wondering (& hoping!) if it`s a gold one, as you get a £100 worth of vouchers. Has anyone got a golden smart, and if so do you have to contact them, or do they just send you the vouchers? Thanks for any advise, just my luck the customer services is closed till the new year!

12 stamps for 2 years work..... skilled nutter.....YES.

cazsilver

Sorry to comment on an old thread! I`v been doing this a month now - I … Sorry to comment on an old thread! I`v been doing this a month now - I have received a copper like colour smart, rather than a normal white one, just wondering (& hoping!) if it`s a gold one, as you get a £100 worth of vouchers. Has anyone got a golden smart, and if so do you have to contact them, or do they just send you the vouchers? Thanks for any advise, just my luck the customer services is closed till the new year!

Unfortunately I got my hopes up too - it's just a copper one They have a few coloured smarts.

transit

12 stamps for 2 years work..... skilled nutter.....YES.

you`ve been doing it 2 years, & only recieved 12 stamps?! oO

Firefly1

Unfortunately I got my hopes up too - it's just a copper one They … Unfortunately I got my hopes up too - it's just a copper one They have a few coloured smarts.

Oh really?! thought I had a result after just doing it a short space of time! I won`t use it and will confirm it with them when they re-open just for my peace of mind!

cazsilver

Oh really?! thought I had a result after just doing it a short space of … Oh really?! thought I had a result after just doing it a short space of time! I won`t use it and will confirm it with them when they re-open just for my peace of mind!

Yeah they were all copper coloured when I started I think they must be phasing them out for the white ones
Edited by: "Wongy110" 29th Dec 2015

I signed up and didn't hear anything from them! Perhaps it's been lost in the post!

13norfolk

I signed up and didn't hear anything from them! Perhaps it's been lost in … I signed up and didn't hear anything from them! Perhaps it's been lost in the post!

It took me six months to a year to hear from them
it all depends if they can find people to do it in your area
received an letter from them listing the places they are short

thewongwing101

It took me six months to a year to hear from themit all depends if they … It took me six months to a year to hear from themit all depends if they can find people to do it in your areareceived an letter from them listing the places they are short

Oh well, just see what happens. Doesn't look like a way to get rich quick!

13norfolk

Oh well, just see what happens. Doesn't look like a way to get rich … Oh well, just see what happens. Doesn't look like a way to get rich quick!

No not really you get a diary and a set of Christmas stamps
lots of stationary you can reuse
some free magazines forgot about that and thought I had signed up to some subscription by mistake X)

I'd prefer stationery

thewongwing101

No not really you get a diary and a set of Christmas stampslots of … No not really you get a diary and a set of Christmas stampslots of stationary you can reuse some free magazines forgot about that and thought I had signed up to some subscription by mistake X)

Yes, I have lots of A4 envelopes, the blank white little sticky labels come in handy, but got more than i will need already! oh & lots of the white paper used to bulk out the letters comes in handy as my boys love to draw! I didn`t hear anything for nearly a year, then got invited to do this & the unaddressed mail at the same time!

Been I'm the survey twice now over past year. Stay about 2-3 months each time. Same 2 items to post to same recipient each week. On each occasion I only received stamps once at start of survey. NOT every month
Post a comment
@
    Text