Royal Mail 'Tracked 24 with Signature' - does this even exist?

Found 18th Jun
Hi guys,
Need something posted and would like to use 'Tracked 24 with Signature' by Royal mail. No need for RMSD but would like the 100 pounds cover apparently offered by this.

From royal mail website:
Royal
Mail Tracked 24 with Signature aims to deliver your parcel the next
working day and includes full online tracking so you or the recipient
can monitor the parcels progress. You will receive a signature on
delivery and SMS/ email recipient notifications are optional. Recipients
can also nominate a safe place where parcels can be left if no one is
home. For extra peace of mind, there’s £100 of compensation cover
included to protect against loss or damage to your item. Royal Mail
Tracked 24 with Signature can only be purchased online and must be
dropped off at a Royal Mail Customer Service Point/ Enquiry Office. You
will receive a Certificate of Posting when you download your label,
which must be stamped when you drop your item at a Royal Mail Customer
Service Point/ Enquiry Office.

Compensation
Compensation may be payable in the event of loss or damage if proof of posting and evidence can be provided

Proof of Delivery
Royal
Mail Tracked 24 with Signature is a fully tracked service, you can
track your item and see an electronic signature online using our Track
& Trace service.

But when I actually attempt to buy this service online it is not shown among possible options (only normal signed for and RMSD). I was also denied that option in my local post office. My question is therefore- does this service even exist, if it can't be bought online, nor in post office? It would seem ridiculous for Royal Mail to list services online that they do not offer, any ideas how I can get that to work?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
It is only available via Click & Drop.

form the FAQ...

Royal Mail Tracked can only be purchased online via Royal Mail Click & Drop. You will need to sign up to Click & Drop, or sign in if you are already registered.

Once you have purchased the service, print and apply the label to your parcel. You can also print a Certificate of Posting which will be stamped when you drop off your parcel.

Tracked items must be dropped off at a Royal Mail Customer Service Point/Enquiry Office.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 18th Jun
SUMMONER16 m ago

It is only available via Click & Drop.form the FAQ...Royal Mail Tracked …It is only available via Click & Drop.form the FAQ...Royal Mail Tracked can only be purchased online via Royal Mail Click & Drop. You will need to sign up to Click & Drop, or sign in if you are already registered. Once you have purchased the service, print and apply the label to your parcel. You can also print a Certificate of Posting which will be stamped when you drop off your parcel. Tracked items must be dropped off at a Royal Mail Customer Service Point/Enquiry Office.

Thanks for that, but I tried to go through Click & Drop prior to writing the post and it does not show as available. Only now noticed point about need to sign up, so will try with account. But it's ridiculous it can't be bought as a 'one off'
Elbandito31 m ago

Thanks for that, but I tried to go through Click & Drop prior to writing …Thanks for that, but I tried to go through Click & Drop prior to writing the post and it does not show as available. Only now noticed point about need to sign up, so will try with account. But it's ridiculous it can't be bought as a 'one off'

Marketing technique to capture customers for future / repeat business.
Try Hermes, price is very competitive and they will collect from your premises. You can increase the compensation for a small fee too. I know some people Jane issues with them, but I've used them for years and never had a single complaint.
AndyRoyd1 h, 16 m ago

Marketing technique to capture customers for future / repeat business.

Ridiculous.
Thanks for replies guys, got it sorted at last.
Depends on item if high value I would want it to get there fast then go for royal mail is med priced whatever is cheapest with insurance
Can I buy Tracked at the Post Office?
At present Tracked can only be bought online, via Click & Drop.

You probably need to sign in first. It won't be available at the Post Office.
Edited by: "hearts22" 18th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants