Royal Mail Unpaid Postage

Posted 21st Dec 2019
I received a grey fee to pay card. The fee to pay is £6.60. I am certain it is something I ordered from eBay. I have several orders not yet received. I was wondering if Royal Mail will tell me the sender's address from the parcel before I pay the fee? Can I ask at my local sorting office?

It's just I have had an increasing number of unpaid postage on eBay items. Sellers usually refuse to reimburse and its likely the item price was less than the fee to pay so I can't make a PayPal claim.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

21 Comments
Wait for the other parcels to come, then claim item not received from the eBay seller
Douglas_Birks21/12/2019 06:56

Wait for the other parcels to come, then claim item not received from the …Wait for the other parcels to come, then claim item not received from the eBay seller

Yeah but one of the eBay items is some socket F plugs which I needed before Christmas. If its these I wanted to order from another seller asap.
DistortedVision21/12/2019 06:59

Yeah but one of the eBay items is some socket F plugs which I needed …Yeah but one of the eBay items is some socket F plugs which I needed before Christmas. If its these I wanted to order from another seller asap.

That's the only real way to know which item it will be.... Wait or pay the £6....totally your choice

Yeah but one of the eBay items is some socket F plugs which I needed …Yeah but one of the eBay items is some socket F plugs which I needed before Christmas. If its these I wanted to order from another seller asap.

Of course you can ask the Post Office who the sender is BUT it is possible they may not know.
Are the F plugs worth a further £6.60? You are unlikely now to receive any replacements before Christmas.

£6 seems very high for some socket F plugs the £6.60 would suggest a much larger package
cliosport6521/12/2019 07:09

£6 seems very high for some socket F plugs the £6.60 would suggest a much l …£6 seems very high for some socket F plugs the £6.60 would suggest a much larger package

cliosport6521/12/2019 07:09

£6 seems very high for some socket F plugs the £6.60 would suggest a much l …£6 seems very high for some socket F plugs the £6.60 would suggest a much larger package

I thought Royal Mail added a handling fee? I may be mistaken though.
DistortedVision21/12/2019 07:15

I thought Royal Mail added a handling fee? I may be mistaken though.

Yes they do I believe it is £1
tardytortoise21/12/2019 07:08

Of course you can ask the Post Office who the sender is BUT it is possible …Of course you can ask the Post Office who the sender is BUT it is possible they may not know.Are the F plugs worth a further £6.60? You are unlikely now to receive any replacements before Christmas.

No and I refuse to pay the fee out of principle. The aerial company that did all our installations have a trade counter / shop. I can buy them there but it's a 25 mile drive. They are actually socket F to female coaxial converters and not easily available.
Have you a link to the part you need, and who are you buying your stuff from, donkeys with zero feedback?
DistortedVision21/12/2019 07:19

No and I refuse to pay the fee out of principle. The aerial company that …No and I refuse to pay the fee out of principle. The aerial company that did all our installations have a trade counter / shop. I can buy them there but it's a 25 mile drive. They are actually socket F to female coaxial converters and not easily available.

I’m sure Screwfix would sell these too if that’s any closer Link have a look at those and the similar items.
Try onestopsatelliteshop on eBay very good service
if you want the parcel just pay it and move on
Dannyrobbo21/12/2019 07:54

I’m sure Screwfix would sell these too if that’s any closer Link have a loo …I’m sure Screwfix would sell these too if that’s any closer Link have a look at those and the similar items.

Wow. Never actually looked st Screwfix. I was in there yesterday buying something else. Can't believe they have them:

screwfix.com/p/labgear-f-plug-to-coax-socket-pack-of-10/73805?_requestid=73119

Thanks!
Edited by: "DistortedVision" 21st Dec 2019
Pay the fees, Only if the post office will give you a receipt.
Keep the receipt and card, Scan it into your Pc and claim it back.
Call ebay and they will sort it out. ( call first just to check ) 0345 355 3229
Ive done it 3 times in the past from memory. It was over 4 years ago.
My local sorting office will show me the package before I pay . Then if depending on the value . I just leave it there and let them deal with it
Fairys_Burn_Things21/12/2019 09:52

My local sorting office will show me the package before I pay . Then if …My local sorting office will show me the package before I pay . Then if depending on the value . I just leave it there and let them deal with it

This exactly, I’ve been in before and left the parcel when I’ve seen it’s not something worth paying for . It’s an odd system really because I’m guessing they then return it to the sender , in this case a parcel going back to China .
Go to your local sorting office in the mornings, when they open because there won't be any queue and they are super helpful if they got time. Just ask if you can see the item. They will show you the item but you can't open it or hold it. You can see the address and they will let you know the reason as well, what the charge is for?
Hope this helps.
They can't help you as much if there is long queue as they don't have any time to spare. Let me know if you need any more information.
Edited by: "doorswitch" 21st Dec 2019
DistortedVision21/12/2019 09:10

Wow. Never actually looked st Screwfix. I was in there yesterday buying …Wow. Never actually looked st Screwfix. I was in there yesterday buying something else. Can't believe they have them:screwfix.com/p/labgear-f-plug-to-coax-socket-pack-of-10/73805?_requestid=73119Thanks!

Job done, we save your £6.60 less a trip to screwfix.
Post office will bring the parcel out to you first if you ask so you have see and feel what it is before deciding if you want to pay.
Can't see the £6.60 (fee + under paid postage) being for f plugs, unless you've ordered hundreds.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions