Royal Mail - What to do???

Right, i've been waiting on 3 items for about 2 weeks now, 2 from sellers here and 1 from HMV, nothings been in post or any cards left etc, postie came this morning and once again had nothing apart from bills
Went to work had a phone call from home saying an asian guy had just delivered 3 parcels by foot (strange as we only get 1 delivery) inside 3 parcels were 3 blank black dvd cases, packages had been tampered with and glued back together,

Have tried getting through to royal mail by phone all dfay and have only got through to someone once and julie hung up on me. spoken to consumer direct and they have logged it and told me to write to royal mail and demand an answer within 10 working days.

Has anyone heard of this beffore or had it done to them, is there anything else i can do??? im truely shocked that royal mail workers can steal peoples items. and then to rub salt in post the items with blank dvd cases!!!

25 Comments

Are you sure he was Asian?

Original Poster

thesaint;5150817

Thats what my bro says :thumbsup:

why??

Who's Julie?

You can use this service to complain about the royal mail ...it used to be postwatch but they merged with someone else consumerdirect.gov.uk/

where they expensive things you were being sent?

Original Poster

grex9101;5150850

Who's Julie?

Julie was royal mail customer service lady who kindly hung up on me :x

Ye thanks i did contact them :thumbsup: (consumer direct)

JboyJayJason;5150908

where they expensive things you were being sent?

2 dvds and a game :x

I have heard of posties nicking stuff before but not going to these lengths-3 diff parcels sent 3 diff times? this just doesnt sound like a dishonest postie to me. could they have been delivered to a neighbour while you were out? maybe someone untrustworthy in your street?

that sound very odd, id just complain until it gets sorted. have u confirmed that the 3 packages of empty dvd cases were the parcels that the people on here and hmv sent, im sure the sellers would remeber their packaging etc?

complain to HMV so they complain to RM,
the merrier the better

Why not send a test package to yourself?

good idea grex....try that!

Original Poster

barky;5150921

I have heard of posties nicking stuff before but not going to these … I have heard of posties nicking stuff before but not going to these lengths-3 diff parcels sent 3 diff times? this just doesnt sound like a dishonest postie to me. could they have been delivered to a neighbour while you were out? maybe someone untrustworthy in your street?

i was thinking this but it doesnt add up at all, would royal mail really deliver 3 different parcels to someone else and then they go to all this bother, they would just keep it not post it through my letter box

superskilly;5150923

that sound very odd, id just complain until it gets sorted. have u … that sound very odd, id just complain until it gets sorted. have u confirmed that the 3 packages of empty dvd cases were the parcels that the people on here and hmv sent, im sure the sellers would remeber their packaging etc?

Ye ive done that, everything was the same they had just been opened and glued again, you can see the glue drip marks :x

nuabdi;5150933

complain to HMV so they complain to RM, the merrier the better

I did that the other day, gonna inform them about this latest problem

grex9101;5150938

Why not send a test package to yourself?

Not a bad idea but want this sorted quicker than them taking two weeks again

barky;5150921

this just doesnt sound like a dishonest postie to me. could they have … this just doesnt sound like a dishonest postie to me. could they have been delivered to a neighbour while you were out? maybe someone untrustworthy in your street?

??????/ So this dishonest person is gonna empty his parcels then, overcome by guilt, personally deliver the empty packages?

talk to the neighbours your trust....not asian just in case there related....and ask if they have had similar problems...may be a bent postman who is taking anything that seems of value

and this asian guy is gonna deliver more....make sure you get a picture next time and try and speak to him....see what his reactions are lioke....he will know whats going on

Original Poster

deek72;5150961

??????/ So this dishonest person is gonna empty his parcels then, … ??????/ So this dishonest person is gonna empty his parcels then, overcome by guilt, personally deliver the empty packages?

lol what i was thinking, but would someone from the sorting office be this stupid?? why not just lose the parcels, i would of been fine with lost parcelsbut this is a kick in the teeth, also just wandering how long its been going on for, hope this was first time and they havent been going through my mail and not doing the swap trick

Need to go through all my orders and make sure im not missing anything, tbh should of been doing that anyways :oops:

thesaint;5150817

Starr;5150848

Thats what my bro says :thumbsup:why??

I think the point he is making is WTF has the fact that he's Asian got to do with anything?

Original Poster

JboyJayJason;5150979

and this asian guy is gonna deliver more....make sure you get a picture … and this asian guy is gonna deliver more....make sure you get a picture next time and try and speak to him....see what his reactions are lioke....he will know whats going on

but hes not the postie, so he wont be round unless he does it again, but that would be really stupid, more so than what he might of done so far...

Original Poster

deek72;5150992

I think the point he is making is WTF has the fact that he's Asian got to … I think the point he is making is WTF has the fact that he's Asian got to do with anything?

it hasnt got anything to do with it, please dont start one of "those threads"

although i see how it might of sounded now :oops:

like my post...speak to other neighbours see if this has happened....it may be that the postie is working with the asian guy....im not sure its strange but just thinking that it could be anything....people are desperate at the mo

Original Poster

JboyJayJason;5151019

like my post...speak to other neighbours see if this has happened....it … like my post...speak to other neighbours see if this has happened....it may be that the postie is working with the asian guy....im not sure its strange but just thinking that it could be anything....people are desperate at the mo

all my neighbours are old lol, cant see them ordering games and dvds from the net, but true ill double check, been here 20 years so just about on speaking terns with everyone

When did anyone ever use GLUE to hold a package together?

Original Poster

LJM;5151045

When did anyone ever use GLUE to hold a package together?

how else would he reseal it?? without making it obvious and using cellotape

at least you got your internet up and running mate!lol!possibly ring your local sorting office and demand to speak to a manager in there...mite be quicker than going thru head office:thumbsup:

Original Poster

shaneomac;5151094

at least you got your internet up and running mate!lol!possibly ring your … at least you got your internet up and running mate!lol!possibly ring your local sorting office and demand to speak to a manager in there...mite be quicker than going thru head office:thumbsup:

honestly mate its not working currently 0.25 mbps and keeps cutting out, cant stay on same page without hub cant connect message, then whatever ive written gets lost ::(:( so frustrating.

But got everyones details now so should be rosey from here, cant wait till BT dig up the road, thats gonna please the neighbours :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. sky q is it a good deal?55
    2. Speccing a gaming pc37
    3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
    4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721

See more discussions