Groups

Royal Marine pleads guilty to preparing for terrorist attack

theguardian.com/uk-…ell

A Royal Marine has pleaded guilty to preparing for a terrorist attack by stashing explosives in purpose-built caches in England and Northern Ireland.

41 Comments

Banned

Thankfully it looks like he was a loan nutter else he wouldnt be burying arms at his property.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/popcorn-gifs/yNCVL.gif

YouDontWantToKnow

Thankfully it looks like he was a loan nutter else he wouldnt be burying … Thankfully it looks like he was a loan nutter else he wouldnt be burying arms at his property.

Really ?

was he supporting the IRA ?

Original Poster

In 2002, aged 16, Maxwell sustained serious injuries in a vicious sectarian attack carried out by young Larne loyalists. He was beaten with iron bars and golf clubs resulting in a fractured skull and severe bruising to his body.

Think that's enough to turn me into a nutter!

Can anyone please give a short explanation of what they whole IRA thing is about? Don't know much about it tbh
    Edited by: "FearOne" 4th Feb

Are we going to start pushing for the church to condemn this act, like we expect from people who follow other religions?

Last May, the then home secretary, Theresa May, announced that the threat … Last May, the then home secretary, Theresa May, announced that the threat level to Britain from groups such as the New IRA and Continuity IRA was at its most severe in years. The statement came in between two major security operations that uncovered an array of terrorist weapons in Carnfunnock and Capanagh parks within months of each other.

Another fact that got buried underneath the BS ?
    Edited by: "Wongy110" 4th Feb

Leonintelex

Are we going to start pushing for the church to condemn this act, like we … Are we going to start pushing for the church to condemn this act, like we expect from people who follow other religions?

​yes.

Church leaders should condemn this attack and politicians and any right minded person, it is usual.

Did he do it in the name of religion btw?

FearOne

In 2002, aged 16, Maxwell sustained serious injuries in a vicious … In 2002, aged 16, Maxwell sustained serious injuries in a vicious sectarian attack carried out by young Larne loyalists. He was beaten with iron bars and golf clubs resulting in a fractured skull and severe bruising to his body.Think that's enough to turn me into a nutter! Can anyone please give a short explanation of what they whole IRA thing is about? Don't know much about it tbh

It's quite complex but here is a bit of a summary:

There are two main sides:
    Nationalists or republicans, who are mainly Catholic, believe the north should join a united, independent Ireland. IRA are the extremists.

Unionists or loyalists, who are often Protestant, think Northern Ireland should stay as part of the United Kingdom

​u can google ira and see what it is its Irish Republic army they wanted to separate from Britain.

I don't think the IRA have ever gone away tbh, while the republican movement has gained a thin veneer of respectability in recent years i think the old feelings have always simmered away just below the surface, and the outlets such as, continuity IRA, new IRA, real IRA or whatever are all just new hats on the same old heads.

Leonintelex

Are we going to start pushing for the church to condemn this act, like we … Are we going to start pushing for the church to condemn this act, like we expect from people who follow other religions?

​did the accused post on the internet to declare his religion and that he was doing this for christians everywhere, or saying Christ is great?
    just wondering.

davewave

​yes. Church leaders should condemn this attack and politicians and any r … ​yes. Church leaders should condemn this attack and politicians and any right minded person, it is usual. Did he do it in the name of religion btw?

Maybe read up on the troubles if you are not familiar with what it is about.

Leonintelex

It's quite complex but here is a bit of a summary:There are two main … It's quite complex but here is a bit of a summary:There are two main sides:Nationalists or republicans, who are mainly Catholic, believe the north should join a united, independent Ireland. IRA are the extremists.Unionists or loyalists, who are often Protestant, think Northern Ireland should stay as part of the United Kingdom

​not really complex then?

shadey12

​did the accused post on the internet to declare his religion and that he … ​did the accused post on the internet to declare his religion and that he was doing this for christians everywhere, or saying Christ is great?just wondering.

They plot to kill and mass murder people because of religious differences.

In fact they are responsible for more deaths in the UK than all other religions combined.

All terrorists are a scourge on this planet.

davewave

was he supporting the IRA ?

If he was he should of been sent to Isis to be beheaded. IRA = filth

NO SURRENDER !
    Edited by: "livinthedream" 4th Feb

nice to see the security services doing their job well, by the looks of it.

shadey12

​not really complex then?

I could write a 10,000 word post and not cover even half of it. It's a very complicated situation which I don't think will ever be resolved.

Leonintelex

They plot to kill and mass murder people because of religious … They plot to kill and mass murder people because of religious differences.In fact they are responsible for more deaths in the UK than all other religions combined.All terrorists are a scourge on this planet.

​and you dodged and diverted away from what I said, seems to be a habit of yours.

Original Poster

Let's not make this a religion bashing thread, if it's not religion I'm shure people will find other things to fight about. It's human nature.

shadey12

​and you dodged and diverted away from what I said, seems to be a habit o … ​and you dodged and diverted away from what I said, seems to be a habit of yours.

It's no different. Just because other terrorist organisations use different methods it is still the same result.

Religious nut jobs kill people because of their beliefs.

As a Christian it does not mean I believe in it. I should never be accused of supporting it either.

Is that difficult for you to understand?

shame he pleaded guilty as this will now probably result in a vastly reduced sentence and he'll be out walking the streets again before you know it.

Leonintelex

It's no different. Just because other terrorist organisations use … It's no different. Just because other terrorist organisations use different methods it is still the same result.Religious nut jobs kill people because of their beliefs. As a Christian it does not mean I believe in it. I should never be accused of supporting it either. Is that difficult for you to understand?

Different in every sense
    Rip Tim Parry. Rip Johnathan Ball

I'll say no more on the religion front. It just leads to arguments. Let's just agree to disagree.

At least the bloke got caught, it could have been quite serious if it got to an advanced stage.

Leonintelex

It's no different. Just because other terrorist organisations use … It's no different. Just because other terrorist organisations use different methods it is still the same result.Religious nut jobs kill people because of their beliefs. As a Christian it does not mean I believe in it. I should never be accused of supporting it either. Is that difficult for you to understand?

​your ulterior motives are very easy to understand.
    Edited by: "shadey12" 4th Feb

Unfortunately the term "United Kingdom" could not be much further from the truth at the moment.

terrorist got taken down, let's hope he never gets out of prison.

livinthedream

If he was he should of been sent to Isis to be beheaded. IRA = filthNO … If he was he should of been sent to Isis to be beheaded. IRA = filthNO SURRENDER !

What age are you? Comments and people like you are what is stopping Northern Ireland moving forward! Would love to hear your knowledge of Irish history and the troubles other than hearing people shout "no surrender" and "god save King Billy"

Banned

Leonintelex

It's quite complex but here is a bit of a summary:There are two main … It's quite complex but here is a bit of a summary:There are two main sides:Nationalists or republicans, who are mainly Catholic, believe the north should join a united, independent Ireland. IRA are the extremists.Unionists or loyalists, who are often Protestant, think Northern Ireland should stay as part of the United Kingdom. Some of which are also extremists & terrorists

Not biased at all are you?

Added the truth for you.
    Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 4th Feb

YouDontWantToKnow

Not biased at all are you?Added the truth for you.

​it's really getting too complex for me now.

Banned

shadey12

​it's really getting too complex for me now.

Northern Ireland protestants (people that want NI to remain British) also have their own terrorist groups that are responsible for hundreds of murders.

YouDontWantToKnow

Northern Ireland protestants (people that want NI to remain British) also … Northern Ireland protestants (people that want NI to remain British) also have their own terrorist groups that are responsible for hundreds of murders.

​no, I think its like Leon says, its far too complex.
    what's a pro test ant ?

When's the last time that the proddys killed kids ?

YouDontWantToKnow

Northern Ireland protestants (people that want NI to remain British) also … Northern Ireland protestants (people that want NI to remain British) also have their own terrorist groups that are responsible for hundreds of murders.

I pulled it from the BBC, it wasn't intentional.

I'm not an expert on the troubles in Ireland but I'm sure their are two sides to the coin.

shadey12

​no, I think its like Leon says, its far too complex.what's a pro test a … ​no, I think its like Leon says, its far too complex.what's a pro test ant ?

Hilarious. Remind we when your next stand up gig is happening? I'll bring some rotten fruit.

Leonintelex

I pulled it from the BBC, it wasn't intentional.I'm not an expert on the … I pulled it from the BBC, it wasn't intentional.I'm not an expert on the troubles in Ireland but I'm sure their are two sides to the coin.

​your not an expert but claimed you could write a 10,000 word essay and cover less than half of what it's about.

Leonintelex

I probably could if I researched up on it. Anyone with half a brain and … I probably could if I researched up on it. Anyone with half a brain and a small amount of intelligence knows that it's a very difficult and complex situation. I guess that rules you out then.

​I'm glad your not a practising christian.
    Edited by: "shadey12" 5th Feb

Banned

livinthedream

When's the last time that the proddys killed kids ?

As you know so much about it.... Why dont you have a look for yourself?

See this is why you are on ignore with me. Silly baiting comments

landros1

Unfortunately the term "United Kingdom" could not be much further from … Unfortunately the term "United Kingdom" could not be much further from the truth at the moment.

Its a democracy not a dictatorship.

davewave

Its a democracy not a dictatorship.

There is one consistency,the rich are always being helped to get richer & the "J.A.M.s" which is the majority of the UK's population get poorer.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions