Royal wedding V FA Cup final

Found 16th Dec 2017
One Saturday morning paper calling it an 'own goal' as its going to disappoint millions.

I wouldn't imagine die hard footy fans and die hard royalists (you know the ones that stand outside for hours to get a glimpse of a royal) being the same type of character. Anyway, how's everyone feeling about it?

May pop up to Windsor on the 18th May, shouldn't be too bad...right?!
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
32765780-ysMAL.jpg
Original Poster
Predikuesi2 m ago

They may be on the same day, but at different times. I’m sure that has b …They may be on the same day, but at different times. I’m sure that has been thought through. London is going to be packed out that weekend.Though I’m a Royalist, I would only watch the news reports rather than the whole wedding, but I’d watch them after thefootball if the times did clash.

I'm like 30 mins from Windsor - legoland should be dead that day so good day to take the kids!
34 Comments
Who’s getting married? Couldn’t care less.
And what happens if the team 🤴 William supports,Aston Villa,gets there?He'll have to watch it on his 📱 with the sound down.
rhysccfc311 m ago

Arbitrarily famous person #258464684.
Original Poster
rhysccfc312 m ago

Good ole' Hazza. Should be a proper royal knees up, isn't he meant to be the fun one?!
They may be on the same day, but at different times. I’m sure that has been thought through. London is going to be packed out that weekend.

Though I’m a Royalist, I would only watch the news reports rather than the whole wedding, but I’d watch them after thefootball if the times did clash.
32765780-ysMAL.jpg
Original Poster
AW00791 m ago

And what happens if the team 🤴 William supports,Aston Villa,gets …And what happens if the team 🤴 William supports,Aston Villa,gets there?He'll have to watch it on his 📱 with the sound down.

He's a Londoner, why does he support the Brummies? #COYS
Original Poster
mattmerch1 m ago

[Image]

Sucks no BH and they are doing it on a Saturday, can't even find an excuse to slack off work on the weekday to 'watch' the wedding!!!
Original Poster
Predikuesi2 m ago

They may be on the same day, but at different times. I’m sure that has b …They may be on the same day, but at different times. I’m sure that has been thought through. London is going to be packed out that weekend.Though I’m a Royalist, I would only watch the news reports rather than the whole wedding, but I’d watch them after thefootball if the times did clash.

I'm like 30 mins from Windsor - legoland should be dead that day so good day to take the kids!
Mary_Mary3 m ago

He's a Londoner, why does he support the Brummies? #COYS

You'll have to ask him.
Don't worry I've put someone on it, needs to be rescheduled...

32765892-4ikQr.jpg
Surprised the police have said ok... How they going to police the 2 events? Security nightmare
Original Poster
davewave7 m ago

Don't worry I've put someone on it, needs to be rescheduled...[Image]

Probably will get rescheduled. Hope not, really hoping for a day at legoland with no queues.
Both are going to be on a catch up channel or online service.

Lets face it, its not 1981, who cares about either these days?
wayners10 m ago

Surprised the police have said ok... How they going to police the 2 …Surprised the police have said ok... How they going to police the 2 events? Security nightmare

And extra security watching Megan’s half-brother.
32766010-QKvTp.jpg

newidea.com.au/meg…nce
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 16th Dec 2017
hoping to avoid both but with a footie mad family not much chance of that!
Edited by: "joesmum" 16th Dec 2017
James Hewitt must be very proud of his son.
Original Poster
mastablasta2 m ago

James Hewitt must be very proud of his son.

32766500-ukEPG.jpg
Why can't we all have a turn a being royal? My family and lots of others have sacrificed their own lives for this country. fair's fair
...."And, he's scored!"
cowsindahouse42 m ago

Why can't we all have a turn a being royal? My family and lots of others …Why can't we all have a turn a being royal? My family and lots of others have sacrificed their own lives for this country. fair's fair

of course you can. Happy. Now off to tower of London.
wayners1 h, 34 m ago

Surprised the police have said ok... How they going to police the 2 …Surprised the police have said ok... How they going to police the 2 events? Security nightmare

Not sure they are in charge of the decision.
groenleader1 h, 30 m ago

Both are going to be on a catch up channel or online service.Lets face it, …Both are going to be on a catch up channel or online service.Lets face it, its not 1981, who cares about either these days?

How many people watched William getting married?
Original Poster
davewave2 m ago

Not sure they are in charge of the decision.

Probably will get officers from other regions to work around London for the day. And I'm sure security services will be on it and everything on lock down coming up to the events.
cowsindahouse47 m ago

Why can't we all have a turn a being royal? My family and lots of others …Why can't we all have a turn a being royal? My family and lots of others have sacrificed their own lives for this country. fair's fair

You can, starts next year.
FA Final>>>>Anything on TV that day. I wouldn't watch the Royal Wedding if it was the only thing on all day, I'd get on the PlayStation instead.
Isn't William, who's bound to be best man, high up in the FA? Seems a mess up to me!
Depends who makes the FA Cup Final, if it's boring, stale, turgid big red bus Man Utd or the worst fans in England Everton then I'm definitely watching the Royal Wedding, if it's a team who actually tries to play a proper game of football like Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Tottenham etc then I'll watch the FA Cup Final.
Edited by: "Deadpooled" 16th Dec 2017
Can't say I'm likely to be invited to either so really don't care.
Mary_Mary7 h, 47 m ago

Sucks no BH and they are doing it on a Saturday, can't even find an …Sucks no BH and they are doing it on a Saturday, can't even find an excuse to slack off work on the weekday to 'watch' the wedding!!!

This comment really upsets me
Why'd you have to say there's no bank holiday! Why, why would they do this to the great British public! Surely they can rearrange it for Monday to please all us peasants its like the best gift they can give the British public.
Isn't there a "MOD" on here called Goonertillidie ? LOL!! Bet we know what his decision is!!!??
32772885-fyFl3.jpg
Edited by: "cloudthecat" 16th Dec 2017
Just get married at half time on the pitch, sorted
Wedding at 1pm (I'm guessing), FA Cup at 5pm. Plenty of time to attend both.

Full Premiership program that day as well and people are kicking up about a wedding.

Man U ruined the beauty of the FA Cup by clearing off to South America.

GSTQ!
GlentoranMark2 h, 48 m ago

Wedding at 1pm (I'm guessing), FA Cup at 5pm. Plenty of time to attend …Wedding at 1pm (I'm guessing), FA Cup at 5pm. Plenty of time to attend both.Full Premiership program that day as well and people are kicking up about a wedding.Man U ruined the beauty of the FA Cup by clearing off to South America.GSTQ!

No the FA and Government did. They were adamant United played the club world championship as they felt it would help the World Cup bid. They then proceeded to reject every solution to allow both to be played including a 3rd round bye, changes to the league schedule so they could play the games cup game when they got back and various other solutions or just being allowed to play a youth side without any penalty.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants