Groups

RROD on Arcade Console?

Last Christmas I bought an 360 Arcade Console from Argos and last night I had the three blinking lights (RROD).
    Now what I do?
    Take it back to Argos or call Microsoft?

7 Comments

if its within the year you go to argos
    or as above

Within a year, go back to argos and argue, they might give a refund or store credit and you won't be Xboxless over Xmas.

Go to Argos however they might not offer a replacement and offer to send it off for repair..............if they do that I would contact MS directly.....

Original Poster

OK Thanks
    Yes is within the year.
    If I call Microsoft I will get charged shipping?

Edited by: "georget" 13th Dec 2010

georget

OK ThanksYes is within the year.If I call Microsoft I will get charged … OK ThanksYes is within the year.If I call Microsoft I will get charged shipping?

No - when I did mine last year they email a UPS leaflet and it got picked up by UPS - no charge whatsoever and they will probably throw in 1 months live membership....

Original Poster

OK Thanks
    Now I don’t remember where I put the receipt.
    If I call Microsoft do they ask for receipt?

georget

OK ThanksNow I don’t remember where I put the receipt.If I call Microsoft … OK ThanksNow I don’t remember where I put the receipt.If I call Microsoft do they ask for receipt?

No but you have to register the xbox if you didn't do it when you bought it........

MS repair site
    Edited by: "gari189" 13th Dec 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?99
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?44
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846240
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News66

See more discussions